Options

Is it just me or does anyone else on here really dislike Carla Connor?

191011121315»

Comments

• Options
    big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    AndreaMC wrote: »
    I can quite understand that you as a man would prolly find Carla physically attractive, that's natural, but I'm sure you might concede, I don't know and I wouldn't put words into your mouth Dan, but if you didn't find her attractive at all, it's prolly unlikely that you would find Carla's sympathetic at all. I also don't agree with you about the Hayley thing, I don't see Carla treat Hayley as an equal, but as an inferior who will always aim to please and as someone who can be relied upon in certain circumstances which makes her a person of value to Carla. I don't think she has a great affection for anyone except the male partner, who is going to give her the praise and adulation she constantly requires as a narcissist.I think she would perhaps care for her own children but mostly the one who resembles herself the most physically. I do know a little about a person very like Carla, who is a very close relative and I can tell you, she is not an easy person to like and makes life very difficult for those around her. So maybe my special insight makes me despise Carla even more, i don't know,lol. :D

Nah, to be honest I really do not agree. I do find her extremely attractive, but I find some of her feisty personality traits attractive too. That's part of the character. I once had a crush on a lady who shared many of Carla's traits, but was hardly a beauty to behold at all. I genuinely find her a joy to watch. Although, I do perhaps see an argument in that some of her less pleasant, self-involved traits are perhaps more 'acceptable' (?) - she 'can get away with it' - due to her appearance. And granted, I've had a crush on the actress since her Dream Team days, which is going back over 10 years.:o

Did you dislike Carla so intensely before the Carla/Peter thing started, may I ask? I always found them far more interesting before Peter fell for her, and I loved Carla and Leanne's friendship.
  • Options
    Corrie2010Corrie2010 Posts: 1,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Carla and Michelle are very sexy
  • Options
    AndreaMCAndreaMC Posts: 3,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To tell you the truth I couldn't say I actually liked her and when she was first on Corrie but I hadn't really made up my mind one way or another. I did enjoy the storyline when she was together with Tony Gordon and and started to take an interest in her life for the first. I think he was the most suitable partner she has hooked up with as he was nobody's fool himself and was more than a match for the woman.That relationship was a pretty fair representation to me of all that she stands for. I thought she was a right bitch pursuing Liam but at that time she had the good grace to not leave Maria totally out of the picture and actually suggested to Liam that he'd be better off leaving their relationship alone.I think she really started to get up my nose from the moment she came out from her flat half drunk and tripping on the cobbles when I realised they were setting the scene for her and Peter to have an affair. She was so underhanded at the time and relentless in not taking his no for an answer. She did all in her power to try and encourage Leanne to have an affair with Nick, she helped set the scene, she told lies, she went out of her way to play with their minds.She was really sly and devious and got rewarded for it!! Peter to this day doesn't know what a major role she played in Nick and Leanne's affair, I really don't think I'll ever be able to stand her now, and it seems at the moment that they shoehorn her into everyone else's scene for the sake of it. It's put me off watching now tbh.For my ultimate reason for not liking her I would give, that I don't like users.
  • Options
    Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    big dan wrote: »
    Nah, to be honest I really do not agree. I do find her extremely attractive, but I find some of her feisty personality traits attractive too. That's part of the character. I once had a crush on a lady who shared many of Carla's traits, but was hardly a beauty to behold at all. I genuinely find her a joy to watch. Although, I do perhaps see an argument in that some of her less pleasant, self-involved traits are perhaps more 'acceptable' (?) - she 'can get away with it' - due to her appearance. And granted, I've had a crush on the actress since her Dream Team days, which is going back over 10 years.:o

Did you dislike Carla so intensely before the Carla/Peter thing started, may I ask? I always found them far more interesting before Peter fell for her, and I loved Carla and Leanne's friendship.

I liked Carla and Leanne's friendship.
  • Options
    dickronsondickronson Posts: 2,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh my goodness, I’ve just seen Carla's wedding dress to Peter! Christ, talk about mutton dressed as lamb! Who wears a white meringue wedding dress in their late 30’s?
    -To their 3rd marriage no less!

The actress must be mortified, no wonder she’s puffing away on the ****.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s3/coronation-street/news/a522290/coronation-street-films-carla-peter-wedding-pictures.html
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Alison King, and think she plays her spectacularly. I shouldn't like Carla, but can't help to.
  • Options
    Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tiggi wrote: »
    I think I might be very much in the minority here but I really don't like this character.

She seems to always be after blokes who are with someone else and has little conscience about wrecking relationships.

I am separating Alison King the actress from Carla Connor here, I think Alison is fab but Carla an utter nightmare to watch on my screen.

I, too, separate Alison King the actress from Carla Connor.