Emmerdale - Past and Present (Part 8)

Comments

• Options
    lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    evole wrote: »
    BIB: I'm going to borrow that, OK?

Why do they have to drag poor Ashley back into it?! Maybe he can have a one off with Bernice or something...anything but prostrating himself in front of Laurel, yuk!:eek::rolleyes:

The very thought of him prostrating himself in front of Lauren makes me hurl :mad:

The very thought of two men wanting her at all makes me :confused:
    I wonder if him and Bernice would make a good couple (for the second time?). God, I really hope we're not going to have to endure Maurel christmas nuptials - unless of course the chimney falls of the Woolpack again, just as they're leaving the reception. Oh, the bitter irony of Maurel getting married in what used to be Ashley's church:mad:

BIB: yes please! :D

Well in tonight's episode we had:

Nicola showing her people skills once more and exclaiming to the Sharma's that basically she is MUCH more talented than Gennie and shall be able to replace her with ease. FGS. Give it a rest ED. We know she's not the most sensitive soul out there but even she would have known not to make such a public faux paux on THAT scale! She is supposed to have liaised with the public on a regular basis after all. Glad Rishi put her in her place and makes total sense of her
    getting a job at t'factory but being on the assembly line NOT the office like she thinks ;) Serves her right.

Good scenes between Cain and Debbie. It's a wonder that Cain isn't going out of his mind with worry and Moira rubbing it in with a 'well at least you know Debbie is safe' didn't help :D Little does she know!

Aw, poor Alicia. She still loves David surprise, surprise.

Well there's the Grange off the market - we never saw THAT coming eh? :D . I'm glad that she told Kerry, I thought she was really off with her in the previous episode considering Kerry at that moment cold have given the game away at that moment through spite if she so desired. However I DON'T like her leading Brenda up the garden path even if I do understand that she has got herself into something that it's not easy to extricate herself from!

Debbie wants wired up now! Perhaps it's to get out of anymore spontaneous nookie? :D

Ey up! I see what people mean re the two coppers! Fully dressed but there was a frisson!

Now where's tinkie disappeared to again? And David1955? Been AGES since we heard from him!
  • Options
    kwynne42kwynne42 Posts: 75,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lotty27 wrote: »
    Posted it twice for some reason!

Happened twice to me yesterday.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    80's Gal wrote: »
    Nooooooooo :mad::mad::mad:

Squared.
  • Options
    barrowgirlbarrowgirl Posts: 1,944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone heard from Musty lately ? now Emms on the up and up ,I thought he may have returned to the fold .
  • Options
    GlendarrochGlendarroch Posts: 20,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The very thought of him prostrating himself in front of Lauren makes me hurl :mad:

The very thought of two men wanting her at all makes me :confused:

BIB: yes please! :D

Well in tonight's episode we had:

Nicola showing her people skills once more and exclaiming to the Sharma's that basically she is MUCH more talented than Gennie and shall be able to replace her with ease. FGS. Give it a rest ED. We know she's not the most sensitive soul out there but even she would have known not to make such a public faux paux on THAT scale! She is supposed to have liaised with the public on a regular basis after all. Glad Rishi put her in her place and makes total sense of her
    getting a job at t'factory but being on the assembly line NOT the office like she thinks ;) Serves her right.

Good scenes between Cain and Debbie. It's a wonder that Cain isn't going out of his mind with worry and Moira rubbing it in with a 'well at least you know Debbie is safe' didn't help :D Little does she know!

Aw, poor Alicia. She still loves David surprise, surprise.

Well there's the Grange off the market - we never saw THAT coming eh? :D . I'm glad that she told Kerry, I thought she was really off with her in the previous episode considering Kerry at that moment cold have given the game away at that moment through spite if she so desired. However I DON'T like her leading Brenda up the garden path even if I do understand that she has got herself into something that it's not easy to extricate herself from!

Debbie wants wired up now! Perhaps it's to get out of anymore spontaneous nookie? :D

Ey up! I see what people mean re the two coppers! Fully dressed but there was a frisson!

Now where's tinkie disappeared to again? And David1955? Been AGES since we heard from him!

I feel sorry for Cain too. What an ordeal, to have that going on with your own child, and not be able to do anything about it. I wish he could have at least told Moira, but he did the right thing saying nothing.

As for Laurel - console yourself with this, one of the men is Marlon. Maybe she wears Impulse? Men can't help acting on it...:D

I've never picked up on this frisson between the two coppers. I'll have to look out for that. No wonder they were so keen to do a stakeout.
    As for Kerry, all she needed to do was say that she hadn't had any more dreams. Yes Brenda would be upset, but not as bad as it will be if she keeps leading her on. I'm a big believer in people having these abilities but Kerry is a fake and it's cruel, whether or not it was well intended.
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    barrowgirl wrote: »
    Anyone heard from Musty lately ? now Emms on the up and up ,I thought he may have returned to the fold .

Nope nothing, and not seen anything of Dixon for ages either, (maybe he left with his beloved Katie). :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    Nope nothing, and not seen anything of Dixon for ages either, (maybe he left with his beloved Katie). :(

I 'chatted' on another thread - he said he hasn't watched ED for a while, he was finding it too depressing. That was before Katie left:eek::eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Analysis of Emmerdale Characters

1) Debbie told Cain the truth to stop him getting into trouble, then w:as dismayed that Cameron Confessed in the Woolpack far from the earshot of the Police so now wants to wear a wire, she has obviously been watching too much US TV.

2) DS Bossy Boots was her usual supportive self.

3) Cain was furious to hear about Cameron and wanted to do nasty things to him and then didn't want Moira going to france to see Aaron.

Aaron Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

4) Moira shut up you hateful woman and give Sam a job.

5) Val took the Grange off the Market without telling Eric

6) Amy hogged the storylines as usual

7) Victoria was wasted like usual.

8) Jai and Rishi want to replace Gennie in the factory eventually but Tactfully

9) Nicola wants to Replace Gennie in the Factory and wasn't tactful one bit.

10) Kerry was as horrible as usual.

11) Bland Brenda just annoys.

12) Alicia was upset about the wedding.

13) Priya want's to save money on the wedding.

14) David was a thick as ever.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Weekly Bulletin of The Malt(shovel) for the normal people of the village.

Unusualy quiet but welcome week in Emmerdale where very little of not happened.

The Hunt for the murderer of Alex continues and the prime suspect Adam Barton is still on the run. DS Shiels says the police hope to make an arrest soon as an operation to find the murderer is underway.

Bad service in the woolpack continues, now they are employing rude drunk barmmaids, no wonder the Malt is far more popular than than the Woolpack.

The Vicar is holding a Harvest Festival service on Sunday, Jude asks for a nice time had by all, sign are up in the Malt but as usual the Woolpack isn't taking part.

Another Llama and two sheep have been killed by the large wild cat (possibly a lion) that is at large in this part of yorkshire.

Sally Sugden of Robblesfield has succeeded at walking from Joh o@ Grats to Lands End on her hands it tool her 4 months and she has raised alot of money for Charity.
  • Options
    DuchessKittyDuchessKitty Posts: 821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I so agree. The programme has improved no end since Katie has taken over. Stuart's biggest problem (IMO) is that the man just doesn't know the meaning of subtlety and thinks we have to be whacked over the head to messages across. Thankfully Katie has a much lighter, but more more effective, touch.

Glad I'm not the only one with Amelia. She's just an unlikeable gobby brat to me :o She also doesn't show an awful lot of Christian spirit in blackmailing people etc! Back to bible classes for her, lol! And don't even get me started on the bird's nest that is masquerading as her hair! (though TBH I've got a bit of a cheek in this matter. My mum used to spend ages when I was a kid plaiting, styling etc my long hair only for me to get out of the door, pull all the bands, clips etc out and end up looking like the wild child of Borneo :o Used to drive her mad, lol!)

Good point about Belle's absence but as I can't stand her I didn't miss the little know-all's presence one iota.

I agree. What Kerry did was in questionable taste but I too think she just said the first thing that came into her head. Unfortunately as Brenda was comforted by it I can see her starting to hunt Kerry down to see if she's had any more 'dreams' and really hope that Kerry doesn't exploit this or I'll go right off her.

Lotty- I know what you mean about having your hair braided as a nipper- my mum was the same- she thought if it was tightly braided into french plaits or even fat proto-cornrows, I might not get nits in my very long hair! I used to love pulling them out- mum used to say I resembled Crystal Tipps! :D

I'm with you on Kate the producer too, SB certainly isn't missed here in Kitty Towers! Neither is Belle either- gobby madam that she is. ;)

Kerry strikes me as a bit daft really. She thinks that she's helping I suppose but hasn't got a clue! She seems to act then gets hit with the consequences of lying or doing something daft later. It's funny because she seems to have softened over time, same with Dan who was a bit of a git to begin with. IMO Now the pair of them aren't bad, just a bit dopey.

Ee gads! All this mention of the dreaded Maurel in the spoilers. Please please please don't let us have to witness either
    A Maurel Wedding or god forbid a MAUREL BABY!!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

And what is it with The Shrew? How do her bird's nest hair and primary coloured granny macs drive the men wild?! :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Citadel wrote: »
    Getting a bit bored of the Cameron story now. It's just rumbling on without much progress and tonight in particular was just padding and nothing more. If they're stalling the reveal until the anniversary then they should have waited a bit longer before it kicked off, shouldn't they! :rolleyes:

I assume you don't read spoilers?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rossy22 wrote: »
    I assume you don't read spoilers?

Sometimes. ;)
  • Options
    barrowgirlbarrowgirl Posts: 1,944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm , what are the chances of the police :-
    1. Letting Cain stay in the observation room ?
    2. Letting Debbie risk being alone with a SERIAL killer ?
    3. Responding with guns drawn - but wimping out at the door
    4.Not storming the house the second they heard her scream ?

Suspension of reality a bit tonight .A violence warning was given before it was shown but it wasn't very violent .

Still , the acting has really improved and there's plenty of other stuff going on .Way ahead of the other soaps at the moment :)
  • Options
    sheepiefarmsheepiefarm Posts: 27,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And what is it with The Shrew? How do her bird's nest hair and primary coloured granny macs drive the men wild?! :mad:

Have you seen the men she drives wild :confused::D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lotty- I know what you mean about having your hair braided as a nipper- my mum was the same- she thought if it was tightly braided into french plaits or even fat proto-cornrows, I might not get nits in my very long hair! I used to love pulling them out- mum used to say I resembled Crystal Tipps! :D

I'm with you on Kate the producer too, SB certainly isn't missed here in Kitty Towers! Neither is Belle either- gobby madam that she is. ;)

Kerry strikes me as a bit daft really. She thinks that she's helping I suppose but hasn't got a clue! She seems to act then gets hit with the consequences of lying or doing something daft later. It's funny because she seems to have softened over time, same with Dan who was a bit of a git to begin with. IMO Now the pair of them aren't bad, just a bit dopey.

Ee gads! All this mention of the dreaded Maurel in the spoilers. Please please please don't let us have to witness either
    A Maurel Wedding or god forbid a MAUREL BABY!!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Is the Shrew Laurel? I just don't get what her and Marlon see in each other at all. The only thing they have in common is their ability to irritate me at a thousand paces. If there was even the slightest speck of some sort of chemistry, or at least a believable companionship between them (as there was with Laurel and Ashley). Please, no dear God, not a Maurel baby. Mind you, given the way Laurel's face fell when she realised she might ending playing Mummy to Leo, I think she's beginning to have her doubts.
  • Options
    evoleevole Posts: 1,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is the Shrew Laurel? I just don't get what her and Marlon see in each other at all. The only thing they have in common is their ability to irritate me at a thousand paces. If there was even the slightest speck of some sort of chemistry, or at least a believable companionship between them (as there was with Laurel and Ashley). Please, no dear God, not a Maurel baby. Mind you, given the way Laurel's face fell when she realised she might ending playing Mummy to Leo, I think she's beginning to have her doubts.

They better not take Rhona's baby!!:(:mad: God how much will Rhona hate them if that happens? Err wait, that might be excellent if she loses it and axe murder them both !:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    evole wrote: »
    They better not take Rhona's baby!!:(:mad: God how much will Rhona hate them if that happens? Err wait, that might be excellent if she loses it and axe murder them both !:D

Marlon'll give it his best shot. I can understand that actually, but poor wee Leo, getting taken from his Mum, Paddy, his home, and his routine:(
  • Options
    Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    I'm just praying they buy a self-basting turkey this Christmas. :eek:

I suddenly fear that a Ruby getting pregnant storyline could be the Christmas turkey of 2013!:eek::D

On an unrelated note, and I absolutely hate myself. I cannot forgive myself for almost beginning to like a character I hated in 2011. I would like to ask your help in how to avoid beginning to like ..... Alicia!:eek: I hated her in 2011 for being viciously rude to Jacob and running Leyla out of town, having forced her to make out her mystery son - who we all knew was Jacob - was dead. This will make it impossible for Jacob to bond with real mum Leyla in the future.

I am aware that "Leyla" resigned anyway and that this storyline was one of Stuart Blackburn's many botched exits in 2011.

So what's changed? Well, Alicia has mellowed towards Jacob, and may (albeit in my absence) have sought help for her temper problem after hitting Val and spending time inside, while Natalie Anderson was on maternity leave. I was quite impressed by how dignified she was in resigning from Home Farm without lashing out at Megan or Priya. Admittedly this begs the question of how loyal she is being towards Dom but never mind. After all, it might be too much too soon to ask for Alicia to be completely likeable yet.

Looking outside the box ie outside the Emmerdale box, and as you may have noticed I have been quite openly full of praise for Michelle Hardwick's acting. I didn't see The Royal first time around being on Sunday nights, but I have seen quite a few episodes on ITV3 this year. Maybe seeing Natalie Anderson not as Alicia in another meaningful programme may have helped.

So, this is my Alicia update. As I say, any help in weening me off Alicia will be helpful, thanks!;):D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KO has made ED more entertaining that is undeniable however I think that the show needs to invest more energy into writing interesting and complex characters.
  • Options
    peaches41peaches41 Posts: 5,652
    Forum Member
    I So, this is my Alicia update. As I say, any help in weening me off Alicia will be helpful, thanks!;):D

I've been recording and watching the old series of Wire in the Blood. The last one I watched Alicia was just about to get murdered and was incarcerated in a metal tube. She's a damn good screamer :eek:
  • Options
    crunchie crispcrunchie crisp Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    peaches41 wrote: »
    I've been recording and watching the old series of Wire in the Blood. The last one I watched Alicia was just about to get murdered and was incarcerated in a metal tube. She's a damn good screamer :eek:

Watched that last week peaches :D She is a good screamer, however was very glad when the fisherman saved her :D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suddenly fear that a Ruby getting pregnant storyline could be the Christmas turkey of 2013!:eek::D

On an unrelated note, and I absolutely hate myself. I cannot forgive myself for almost beginning to like a character I hated in 2011. I would like to ask your help in how to avoid beginning to like ..... Alicia!:eek: I hated her in 2011 for being viciously rude to Jacob and running Leyla out of town, having forced her to make out her mystery son - who we all knew was Jacob - was dead. This will make it impossible for Jacob to bond with real mum Leyla in the future.

I am aware that "Leyla" resigned anyway and that this storyline was one of Stuart Blackburn's many botched exits in 2011.

So what's changed? Well, Alicia has mellowed towards Jacob, and may (albeit in my absence) have sought help for her temper problem after hitting Val and spending time inside, while Natalie Anderson was on maternity leave. I was quite impressed by how dignified she was in resigning from Home Farm without lashing out at Megan or Priya. Admittedly this begs the question of how loyal she is being towards Dom but never mind. After all, it might be too much too soon to ask for Alicia to be completely likeable yet.

Looking outside the box ie outside the Emmerdale box, and as you may have noticed I have been quite openly full of praise for Michelle Hardwick's acting. I didn't see The Royal first time around being on Sunday nights, but I have seen quite a few episodes on ITV3 this year. Maybe seeing Natalie Anderson not as Alicia in another meaningful programme may have helped.

So, this is my Alicia update. As I say, any help in weening me off Alicia will be helpful, thanks!;):D
    I'm afraid it's impossible Multimedia. She's basically a nice, caring person. She does have a tendency to lash out and act without thinking though, and moving in with Dom was making the best of a bad situation - not fair on Dom at all, she is using him. However, Dom is the world's most boring tv character, so it's hard to care!:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mini Analysis following earlier problems.

Very good eps last night even if the soap police were useless even by their own standards

1) Debbie I have accused Debbie/Actress in the past of forgetting to act, she appears to be making up for it now then has been putting in a tremendous performance lately and shone like the sun last night.

2) Cameron if the Murders don't stick the kidnapping, holding a hostage and resisting arrest will keep him in jail long enough.

3) Ds Shiels, Sergeant shame up you for leading such a shockingly bad operation this will go on your record sergeant..

4) Cain Was a good dad for once.

5) Alicia was upset by the wedding and resigned but pretended to have been sacked.

6) Bad hair Don - Actually had quite a nice scene with Megan i'm sure he won't allow that to happen again.

7) Megan bad employer for making Alicia arrange the wedding anyway.

8) Moira if you kepp mentioning the person who must not be named you will go on my death list.

9) The Bumbling idiot bumbled jealously

10 The Junkie appear to be recovering and tried to make amends with Vanessa

11) Vanessa tellie the junkie where to go.

12) The least said about Brenda, Val. Amy and Kerry the better.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Citadel wrote: »
    Sometimes. ;)

I just wanted to ask before I blew the Cameron thing :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rossy22 wrote: »