• Options
    jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member
    jabbamk1 wrote: »
    iPhone 5c pricing
    http://i481.photobucket.com/albums/rr180/jabbamk1/5cprices_zpsd35c2eeb.jpg

iPhone 5s pricing
    http://i481.photobucket.com/albums/rr180/jabbamk1/5SPricing_zps8ffb70e8.jpg

Not much different tbh. I was right about the £99 upfront. Wrong about the monthly cost though.
    This is 16GB version btw. 32GB version is an extra £5pm per month and same upfront cost.

iPhone 5, 5c and 5s will support 4G on Three from day 1 according to what i've been told.

No prices on three's website as of right now- http://www.three.co.uk/Discover/Devices/Apple/iPhone_5s
    Threes website will update around 1am with the 5s prices i've posted here first.

Oh and just to add, no word on price drops for iPhone 5 or iPhone 4s.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 297
    Forum Member
    any news on the mobile broadband deals at all?

Many thanks :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    dangetti wrote: »

Before November.

I honestly don't know much on this. Sorry i can't say more.
    All i know (based on what i was told in June) is what i've already posted about new ZTE dongles/mi-fi + maybe a new broadband tariff.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You'll find that Three does have some limited 2G backup in some low signal areas. Norwich will get 4G from Three by the end of 2014 at the latest so not that far off.

I suggest using a pay as you go sim from Three first to test out the network. Same with T-Mobile.

Indeed, I saw my first 2G backup today.
  • Options
    enapaceenapace Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xreyuk123 wrote: »
    Indeed, I saw my first 2G backup today.

Only time I seen in past few months is when I am in wales. But lets be honest I think wales is a bad signal area for all networks. Hopefully government grant improves signal there.
  • Options
    MrOstentatiousMrOstentatious Posts: 2,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    enapace wrote: »
    True that is a possibility but I think if that was case O2 would at least have some stock they are the second biggest networks in UK.

By end of next year Three have pretty much guaranteed you will have 4G coverage Norwich is one of the cities. A friend mentioned recently 3G coverage was pretty decent there on Three now as well so not sure if it improved or not.
    You'll find that Three does have some limited 2G backup in some low signal areas. Norwich will get 4G from Three by the end of 2014 at the latest so not that far off.

I suggest using a pay as you go sim from Three first to test out the network. Same with T-Mobile.

Thanks guys.

Yeah I do end up roaming on EE sometimes, only when far from the city though.

Do you think that the local three/t-mobile shops will have manager's specials on for the 5s?

EDIT:

I'm on three right now. And I get about 1mbps on full signal at home/outside my house. Although in a different area I was getting 7mbps. Anyone know why this could be?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've seen mine go on to 2g mode a few times. You don't get data tho, iirc.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks guys.

Do you think that the local three/t-mobile shops will have manager's specials on for the 5s?

EDIT:

I'm on three right now. And I get about 1mbps on full signal at home/outside my house. Although in a different area I was getting 7mbps. Anyone know why this could be?

Yeah most likely the mast at your house hasn't been upgraded yet probably HSPA mast. 7mbs is a bit low as well that one might not be upgraded either probably a HSPA 14 mast at a guess. A lot of areas still need upgrading but all areas are meant be done by end of 2014. So you should get a superb 3G and 4G signal next year sometime. In areas like where you live the masts are in quite a shambles of 3G variants not consistent at all.
    I've seen mine go on to 2g mode a few times. You don't get data tho, iirc.

Yeah you don't get data on 2G. Though in fairness on 2G you could only just get emails and really slow web browsing so it not really a major loss.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks guys.

EDIT:

Whilst I've had my 3 sim, I've been doing a LOT of speed testing, and I find it really weird.

Some areas, I've been getting full signal, but can only get say... 3-6Mbps on, other areas I've had one or two bars, but been able to get 7Mbps or higher.
  • Options
    MrOstentatiousMrOstentatious Posts: 2,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah most likely the mast at your house hasn't been upgraded yet probably HSPA mast. 7mbs is a bit low as well that one might not be upgraded either probably a HSPA 14 mast at a guess. A lot of areas still need upgrading but all areas are meant be done by end of 2014. So you should get a superb 3G and 4G signal next year sometime. In areas like where you live the masts are in quite a shambles of 3G variants not consistent at all.

Yeah you don't get data on 2G. Though in fairness on 2G you could only just get emails and really slow web browsing so it not really a major loss.

The three website says work is planned for two days next week. Probably the upgrade, advanced 3g isn't available yet.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xreyuk123 wrote: »
    Whilst I've had my 3 sim, I've been doing a LOT of speed testing, and I find it really weird.

Some areas, I've been getting full signal, but can only get say... 3-6Mbps on, other areas I've had one or two bars, but been able to get 7Mbps or higher.

That is due to different variants of 3G technologies that are on the masts. It still going be a while before they all are at the same point but it is happening.
    The three website says work is planned for two days next week. Probably the upgrade, advanced 3g isn't available yet.

Nice very likely you getting a new antenna and transmitter. As that is a longer than usual upgrade time most are one day. Even after that is done I wouldn't expect massive speeds upgrades, straight away as I doubt the backhaul is in place yet. But it clearly shows that you in the upgrade plans. Pretty much every mast that is currently running on Three/EE will be upgraded to advanced 3G in some manner.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Prices going to go live soon apparently.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    iPhone 5c pricing
    http://i481.photobucket.com/albums/rr180/jabbamk1/5cprices_zpsd35c2eeb.jpg

iPhone 5s pricing
    http://i481.photobucket.com/albums/rr180/jabbamk1/5SPricing_zps8ffb70e8.jpg

Not much different tbh. I was right about the £99 upfront. Wrong about the monthly cost though.
    This is 16GB version btw. 32GB version is an extra £5pm per month and same upfront cost.

iPhone 5, 5c and 5s will support 4G on Three from day 1 according to what i've been told.

No prices on three's website as of right now- http://www.three.co.uk/Discover/Devices/Apple/iPhone_5s
    Threes website will update around 1am with the 5s prices i've posted here first.

There we go- http://www.three.co.uk/Discover/Devices/Apple/iPhone_5s?tab=Features.&memory=16&colour=Space_Grey

Exactly what i posted before it went live.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Honestly I hope these sell well because 64bit technology is a step forward. [Perhaps one not required yet but has start somewhere] I will be waiting for iPhone 6 hopefully with a bigger display and higher quality display as that is still main let down with iPhones. Nice to see you were right about the prices though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Nice to see you were right about the prices though.

Now lets hope i'm right about all the 4G stuff, the voice over wi-fi app and the new broadband devices. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now lets hope i'm right about the wi-fi app and new broadband devices. :p

Agreed I doubt I will pick up broadband after all things have slightly changed about Italy as tethering serves me pretty well when I travelling in UK. But I would greatly appreciate Wi-Fi app until 4G becomes 98% and grants superior indoor coverage in couple of years.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    dangetti wrote: »

Roadmap i saw today suggests new 4G enabled Mi-Fi in October.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 90
    Forum Member
    Any idea of a time frame for 4G in Belfast with 3 ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Rizzler78 wrote: »

Prepare to be disappointed. :cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rizzler78 wrote: »

Unless Three change there roll out plans for next year to include Belfast. I think it is going be 2015 you should have solid 3G signal in NI by end of next year though. No idea why Three aren't including NI in 4G plans next year you will certainly get though as they would be able make 98% Population without including NI.
  • Options
    Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This might be a daft question, and I did scan the thread first in case someone already answered, but when Three go 4g will they still keep the "limited" minutes or will they go unlimited like the other networks do we think ?
  • Options
    -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    Sniffle774 wrote: »
    This might be a daft question, and I did scan the thread first in case someone already answered, but when Three go 4g will they still keep the "limited" minutes or will they go unlimited like the other networks do we think ?

Im more interested about if Three decide to carry on with unlimited data rather than minutes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sniffle774 wrote: »

No tariff changes planned.

One Plan will still have 2000 mins. Lower plans will come with 100 Mins up to 1000 Mins.

Think it's good imo as not everyone needs unlimited minutes and texts.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    Im more interested about if Three decide to carry on with unlimited data rather than minutes.

I'd be surprised if they changed that are that is, for many, is the big appeal and going 4G that lure can only get stronger surely ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No tariff changes planned.

One Plan will still have 2000 mins. Lower plans will come with 100 Mins up to 1000 Mins.

Think it's good imo as not everyone needs unlimited minutes and texts.

Cheers jabbamk1.
This discussion has been closed.