Options

Three 4G Rollout | Free 4G for ALL!

Comments

• Options
    mogzyboymogzyboy Posts: 6,438
    Forum Member
    It would seem a little daft to charge for VoLTE when you could just use the app if / when you only had an LTE connection.
  • Options
    enapaceenapace Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jabbamk1 wrote: »
    Agreed. I've personally heard nothing about there being a charge for VoLTE.

Not saying it couldn't happen but i doubt it. Highly highly doubt it.

Could see LTE-A having it's own charge or plans or add on. But then i haven't been told this yet so this post is entirely speculation.

Not even sure if they could be allowed as you already paying for your minutes is it legal for them to make you pay for what should be a standard part of a network to use them. I would gladly pay for LTE-Advanced or even LTE reason I sticking with Three because of unlimited data so used to not monitoring data usage now and fact it cheaper than O2/EE/Vodafone higher data plans.
    mogzyboy wrote: »
    It would seem a little daft to charge for VoLTE when you could just use the app if / when you only had an LTE connection.

I thought the apps only worked via WiFi didn't know they could run of a LTE only connection thanks for that.
  • Options
    jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member
    enapace wrote: »
    I thought the apps only worked via WiFi didn't know they could run of a LTE only connection thanks for that.

errrr. Seeing as the app hasn't been released yet no one has no idea if it'll run off 3G/4G as well as Wi-Fi.

I've been told the app is Voice over Wi-Fi which is similar to O2's TU GO. The person who told me also hinted it may work over 3G and 4G (Like O2's) but it's not confirmed at all yet.

Maybe Lucan knows more?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes, sorry, should've put the disclaimer in there that it was Jabbank1 that mentioned it might work over the data network, but it wasn't confirmed etc.

My bad!!

Hope it does, though, as that'll be a useful workaround for when you can only connect to the 1800MHz network.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, sorry, should've put the disclaimer in there that it was Jabbank1 that mentioned it might work over the data network, but it wasn't confirmed etc.

My bad!!

Hope it does, though, as that'll be a useful workaround for when you can only connect to the 1800MHz network.

Agreed or come next year when you can only get a 800MHz signal.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    iPhone 5c pricing
    http://i481.photobucket.com/albums/rr180/jabbamk1/5cprices_zpsd35c2eeb.jpg

iPhone 5s pricing
    http://i481.photobucket.com/albums/rr180/jabbamk1/5SPricing_zps8ffb70e8.jpg

Not much different tbh. I was right about the £99 upfront. Wrong about the monthly cost though.
    This is 16GB version btw. 32GB version is an extra £5pm per month and same upfront cost.

iPhone 5, 5c and 5s will support 4G on Three from day 1 according to what i've been told.

No prices on three's website as of right now- http://www.three.co.uk/Discover/Devices/Apple/iPhone_5s
    Threes website will update around 1am with the 5s prices i've posted here first.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iPhone 5c pricing

iPhone 5s pricing

Not much different tbh. I was right about the £99 upfront. Wrong about the monthly cost though.
    This is 16GB version btw. 32GB version is an extra £5pm per month and same upfront cost.

Good to see per month is the same price as the 5C. Surprised if you want a bigger model it more a month though usually it more upfront. Can't see why anyone would not pay the 50 extra and get the 5S though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Good to see per month is the same price as the 5C. Surprised if you want a bigger model it more a month though usually it more upfront. Can't see why anyone would not pay the 50 extra and get the 5S though.

It's a weird one to be honest. Not entirely sure what Three's strategy is with the 5c. I mean the 5s prices are actually ok when compared to other networks 4G and even 3G tariffs.

But the 5c prices are extortionate. I wonder if we'll see a iPhone 5 or 4s clearance type sale before 5c prices are dropped. Maybe Three are just looking to cash in on the launch of both devices and get people to buy 5c due to low stock on 5s?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a weird one to be honest. Not entirely sure what Three's strategy is with the 5c. I mean the 5s prices are actually ok when compared to other networks 4G and even 3G tariffs.

But the 5c prices are extortionate. I wonder if we'll see a iPhone 5 or 4s clearance type sale before 5c prices are dropped. Maybe Three are just looking to cash in on the launch of both devices and get people to buy 5c due to low stock on 5s?

I thought the iPhone 5C would of been high 20's to mid 30's depending on tariff. Perhaps you are right it just seems odd. Nice to know Three have sorted approval out with Apple. Surprised they would know that yet as they must have only just got the spectrum this week.
  • Options
    MrOstentatiousMrOstentatious Posts: 2,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iPhone 5c pricing

iPhone 5s pricing

iPhone 5, 5c and 5s will support 4G on Three from day 1 according to what i've been told.

No prices on three's website as of right now- http://www.three.co.uk/Discover/Devices/Apple/iPhone_5s
    Threes website will update around 1am with the 5s prices i've posted here first.

:D Thank you, spent ages looking for somewhere where the prices may be on the internet, only to find them on here.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks Jabbank1 - on the ball as ever.

I notice the Apple Store app is down currently, too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No probs guys.

Three won't have gold version from launch.
    O2 won't have any iPhone 5s's in from launch.
    Limited stock across all networks. Plenty of 5c stock.
  • Options
    StuallStuall Posts: 76
    Forum Member
    I was tempted to buy the 32Gb 5s outright and keep my £12.90 sim only plan but i'm thinking I may just get a new contract and save the initial big pay out! TORN!!:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No probs guys.

Limited 5S stock has probably either to do with new 64Bit chips or camera optics. If I was a betting man imagine by Mid/Late November supply will be far higher.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No probs guys.

In all honesty, do you think I should get the 16Gb on Three, or on T-mobile? http://shop.ee.co.uk/iphone-5s-group/pay-monthly/details/#phone-features (right at the bottom).

The only thing pulling me towards Three is the free LTE?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks Jabbank1 - on the ball as ever.

I notice the Apple Store app is down currently, too.

I'm always on the ball. In fact i'm so on the ball i noticed you've spelt my username wrong twice now. It's "MK1. Not "NK1" at the end.

Sorry haha. I can't help but point it out! :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In all honesty, do you think I should get the 16Gb on Three, or on T-mobile? http://shop.ee.co.uk/iphone-5s-group/pay-monthly/details/#phone-features (right at the bottom).

Well it depends those are Full Monty deals on T-Mobile so max speed you will get is 4MB plus it more up front. I guess it depends on if you want free LTE but more a month. Also I guess it depends on if you want a 2G signal or not.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Three's plan is £50 more expensive over 24 months than T-Mobiles plan.

The advantage of T-Mobile is 2G backup and £50 cheaper over 2 years.

Three's advantages are no speed caps, tethering + free unlimited 4G data from December.

I think Three's deal is much better even if it's slightly more expensive a month.
  • Options
    barcajadenbarcajaden Posts: 1,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm always on the ball. In fact i'm so on the ball i noticed you've spelt my username wrong twice now. It's "MK1. Not "NK1" at the end.

Sorry haha. I can't help but point it out! :o

looooool

so three is the cheapest network to get the 5s on
  • Options
    Thine WonkThine Wonk Posts: 17,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Limited 5S stock has probably either to do with new 64Bit chips or camera optics. If I was a betting man imagine by Mid/Late November supply will be far higher.

..or the cynic in me says for psychological effect of generating coverage around short demand, which leads people to think everyone is trying to get hold of the things. Suddenly over the next 2 weeks piles of stock will appear.

It is a marketing trick which has been used successfully many times before.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    barcajaden wrote: »
    looooool

so three is the cheapest network to get the 5s on

If you compare against 4G tariffs then the answer is yes.
    If you compare against 3G tariffs then the answer is kinda.

Like i said Three have some advantages such as unlimited data, tethering and free 4G which gives them an edge over other networks no matter what the price.

But then i'd never pay that amount for any phone. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    3's 5S prices look pretty good compared to other networks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well it depends those are Full Monty deals on T-Mobile so max speed you will get is 4MB plus it more up front. I guess it depends on if you want free LTE but more a month. Also I guess it depends on if you want a 2G signal or not.
    Three's plan is £50 more expensive over 24 months than T-Mobiles plan.

The advantage of T-Mobile is 2G backup and £50 cheaper over 2 years.

Three's advantages are no speed caps, tethering + free unlimited 4G data from December.

I think Three's deal is much better even if it's slightly more expensive a month.

Thanks guys. I'm in Norwich so I doubt we'll be getting 4G for some time! And yes 2G backup is pretty important around here. It's in the middle of nowhere! :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thine Wonk wrote: »
    ..or the cynic in me says for psychological effect of generating coverage around short demand, which leads people to think everyone is trying to get hold of the things. Suddenly over the next 2 weeks piles of stock will appear.

It is a marketing trick which has been used successfully many times before.

True that is a possibility but I think if that was case O2 would at least have some stock they are the second biggest networks in UK.
    Thanks guys. I'm in Norwich so I doubt we'll be getting 4G for some time! And yes 2G backup is pretty important around here. It's in the middle of nowhere! :o

By end of next year Three have pretty much guaranteed you will have 4G coverage Norwich is one of the cities. A friend mentioned recently 3G coverage was pretty decent there on Three now as well so not sure if it improved or not.
  • Options
    Forum Member

You'll find that Three does have some limited 2G backup in some low signal areas. Norwich will get 4G from Three by the end of 2014 at the latest so not that far off.

I suggest using a pay as you go sim from Three first to test out the network. Same with T-Mobile.
This discussion has been closed.