Options

Pobol Y Cwm (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    wavlovrwavlovr Posts: 3,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sderr123 wrote: »
    Yes Owen was married to Ffion. He's Aaron's biological father.

Oh aye that`s right. Ffion was going to adopt him at one time when he was a baby wasn`t she?
    Other people I`d like top see in old episodes is Mrs Mac and Johnny Mac, i`ve heard so much about them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here`s a 30 year anniversary tidbit of PYC that i haven`t seen before
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2b3pT5ziXzw
  • Options
    MalwenMalwen Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    wavlovr wrote: »
    *waves* Hiya Malwen....welcome to the PYC chat. :)
    Hi Wavlovr *waves back*
    I would love it if PYC gave us classic PYC from the beginning in the Friday time slot when they go 4 days a week starting January 2015.
    Brilliant idea, I'd love to watch that too.

There is a book being published to mark the 40th anniversary http://www.foyles.co.uk/witem/film-tv-drama/pobol-y-cwm-penblwydd-hapus-40,lowri-haf-cooke-9781848517875 no info on whether it will be bilingual or just in Welsh.

Nia was definitely a schoolgirl when she became pregnant http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/profiles/5dkR1H23Xdg1fRH4RC61ZV4/hywel-llywelyn (the Welsh gives more detail than the English section)
    From memory I think Stacey was probably in the sixth form when she started going out with Hywel. She either had the baby before or whilst she was at university.

FluxCapacitor what happened to Llew? He disappeared in the decade when I wasn't watching PYC. I'd love him to come back if he's still alive.
  • Options
    welshsarahwelshsarah Posts: 5,082
    Forum Member
    really hope the book comes out in english to
  • Options
    sderr123sderr123 Posts: 13,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ed has a face I just want to punch. Can't believe that anyone would care about helping him. Mark call the police on him.

Good to see Sion caring about his sons again after the last year. I am glad he cares about where Huw is and didn't do something stupid like disown him for stealing money from the cult. Now I would like to see him repair his relationship with Macs. I wish he would stop telling everyone Iolo has OCD though. Of course treating Iolo like an adult would be too much to ask.

Please don't have Sheryl and Hwyel have an affair. If you want to talk about life and love after rape putting Sheryl and Gethin together is the right idea. I don't remember Hwyel ever having much insight on that subject. It would be so forced for Sheryl to discuss her rape with Hwyel. Come on writers it is OK to put people together that make sense. It doesn't always have to be an odd pairing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That friend of Courtneys was in Gwaith/Cartref as the girlfriend of Wyn Rowlands wasn`t she? Either her or the actress has a younger sister who is playing Courtneys friend.
    I bet Ffion will offer to adopt Courtneys friends baby.
    Please scriptwriters don`t put Hywel and Sheryl together as a couple. I prefer Sheryl with Gethin. Hywel is a randy old goat...emphasis on the old. Sheryl deserves better, but I can`t see her carrying on with a married man. She can`t be that lonely surely.
    I don`t know if Ed is taking steroids again, but he`s becoming very unhinged lately. His comeuppance can`t come soon enough. I wish he would sod off.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That friend of Courtneys was in Gwaith/Cartref as the girlfriend of Wyn Rowlands wasn`t she? Either her or the actress has a younger sister who is playing Courtneys friend.
    I bet Ffion will offer to adopt Courtneys friends baby.
    Please scriptwriters don`t put Hywel and Sheryl together as a couple. I prefer Sheryl with Gethin. Hywel is a randy old goat...emphasis on the old. Sheryl deserves better, but I can`t see her carrying on with a married man. She can`t be that lonely surely.
    I don`t know if Ed is taking steroids again, but he`s becoming very unhinged lately. His comeuppance can`t come soon enough. I wish he would sod off.

Yes that friend of Courtney's was Wyn's girlfriend. They did a good job of making her look young. She must be nearly 20. I think Ffion will adopt her baby.

I agree, I don't see Sheryl and Hwyel together. Sheryl and Gethin are so natural together. Those two having a discussion about the things they have been through makes sense. Hwyel and Sheryl not at all.

Ed>:(>:(>:(. I wish they would try to explain him. I don't understand him at all. He doesn't even make a good vilian.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sderr....hopefully with Ed(case) being so nasty towards Gemma....maybe she will have another sleepwalking incident with a knife! She could stab him and pretend she was sleepwalking again. Made even better if the Psycho theme played while she was stabbing him.
    :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sderr....hopefully with Ed(case) being so nasty towards Gemma....maybe she will have another sleepwalking incident with a knife! She could stab him and pretend she was sleepwalking again. Made even better if the Psycho theme played while she was stabbing him.
    :D

Unfortunately its Mark not Ed who will suffer. Did you see the new spoiler pictures with Sioned begging Eileen for money to give to Ed?>:( It makes me so angry she is staying with him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn`t see the pics, but read the spoilers sderr.
    Sioned is a silly girl staying with Ed (case). And she changed her tune regarding Eileen. She was very hostile to her Mother when Eileen gave her a check for £500. She ripped it up as I recall and whining about Angela being the golden child.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn`t see the pics, but read the spoilers sderr.
    Sioned is a silly girl staying with Ed (case). And she changed her tune regarding Eileen. She was very hostile to her Mother when Eileen gave her a check for £500. She ripped it up as I recall and whining about Angela being the golden child.

Sioned can be a selfish witch at times, but she doesn't deserve to be with Ed. He's going to hit her again, I know it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    good to see mark not having any of it with gemma
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Enjoyed Gemma making life miserable for Ed. I am sorry it'll mean heartache for Mark though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well here are the spoilers for the beginning of anniversary week
    http://digiguide.tv/show-times/30205/Pobol%20y%20Cwm/page/3/
    http://digiguide.tv/show-times/30205/Pobol%20y%20Cwm/page/4/
    We guessed right that Liam is back.
    Other than that I am really disappointed. These sound pretty bonkers honestly. Meic turning nasty, Gethin and Iolo wanting to break into Garry's flat? What stupid explanation are they going have for breaking into Garry's flat.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Im gutted mark gets mugged
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    welshsarah wrote: »
    Im gutted mark gets mugged

Not happy with the direction for the anniversary episodes
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sderr123 wrote: »
    Not happy with the direction for the anniversary episodes

Neither am I sderr
    Thanks for the page 3 and 4 spoilers. I hope the spoilers for the anniversary week pick up the pace.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Neither am I sderr
    Thanks for the page 3 and 4 spoilers. I hope the spoilers for the anniversary week pick up the pace.

What are they doing?
    Is Mark going to be put in hospital and possibly die as a result of a mugging in Bristol? Is that why his mother and sister return. That's very anti-climatic.
    Are the scenes at Y Felin anniversary week to do with Gethin and Iolo breaking into Garry's flat? The only thing that could make even the slightest sense would be it has to do with Moc. If its the usual Gethin wants to steal something (with no motive) and tells Iolo (because who wouldn't tell their ill friend they want to steal from Garry) I will be very angry.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well wavlovr you called it first its just been confirmed on twitter and Facebook https://twitter.com/BBCPobolyCwm/status/515158536536723456
    I can't say how disappointed I am, the spoilers we saw yesterday seem to indicate that Mark is killed by a random mugger in Bristol. I suppose there is a small possibility that mugger is former or current character. If not its unlikely were even get a murder mystery out of this storyline. I think Kath and Stacey will return to reminisce about past times and mourn Mark. After anticipating the fortieth for a couple of years now its disappointing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    my god have you seen the pic on facebook
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    welshsarah wrote: »
    my god have you seen the pic on facebook

Yes I am so disappointed, it seems like they are killing off a character to have a short term excuse to bring back some old characters and talk about PYC history.
  • Options
    MalwenMalwen Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    Do all soaps now mark major anniversaries by killing off a long serving character? The only other soap I follow is The Archers and they killed poor Nigel to mark the 60th anniversary.
    I'm really sad that one of the few characters that I remember from when I used to watch in the mid 90s will be leaving. I still haven't forgiven the SWs for killing Densil off! If someone had to die I'd much rather it was Anita.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Malwen wrote: »
    Do all soaps now mark major anniversaries by killing off a long serving character? The only other soap I follow is The Archers and they killed poor Nigel to mark the 60th anniversary.
    I'm really sad that one of the few characters that I remember from when I used to watch in the mid 90s will be leaving. I still haven't forgiven the SWs for killing Densil off! If someone had to die I'd much rather it was Anita.

I think everyone would rather have it be Anita. Malwen I wouldn't mind if this death was driving a major storyline, like Brandon's. It appears that's not the case from the spoilers released, unless there is a massive plot twist. I'm not holding my breath for major exciting plot twist on PYC these days.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Malwen wrote: »

Malwen...I`ve never forgiven them for killing off Denzil either....so unnecessary