Options

Elaine visiting Dean in the Toilet

124»

Comments

• Options
    Chris MarkChris Mark Posts: 4,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, I missed out 'victims'....of evil, disgraceful men and their hideous deeds.

Ok, who do you think is behind this poisonous depiction of men in soaps?

Who is pushing this anti-male propaganda?
  • Options
    D*****D***** Posts: 3,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know why you are surprised. A lot television is known for humiliating males and double standards are rife. Men are fair game for anything it seems.
  • Options
    Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They probably don't see heterosexual males within the shows demographic.

I imagine heterosexual males were a much bigger part of the demographic a decade ago before the writers started shitting on them from a great height. I know most of my male friends used to watch EastEnders for the likes of the Mitchells, Frank Butcher and Dirty Den. The male characters nowadays (Super Phil aside) are gutless wimps.
  • Options
    The RhydlerThe Rhydler Posts: 4,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I imagine heterosexual males were a much bigger part of the demographic a decade ago before the writers started shitting on them from a great height. I know most of my male friends used to watch EastEnders for the likes of the Mitchells, Frank Butcher and Dirty Den. The male characters nowadays (Super Phil aside) are gutless wimps.

Yes, they want to make it 'un-cool' for guys to enjoy the show, but the show 20-25 years ago featured storylines that both genders would get something from, and thats as it should be
  • Options
    SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,992
    Forum Member
    Just watching Wentworth Prison and thought of this thread. Lots of scenes of women sat on the throne peeing..... complete with noises too if that floats your boat. :D
  • Options
    boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vald wrote: »
    I do get what you're saying to an extent. But I still think that was a far less humiliating scene than some I've seen on the show, after all no one really believes that Matt has a tiny penis. Most recently that cruel remark Phil made to Shirley hit me as far worse...he may not have spelt it out but we all knew what he was talking about, and his words invited the more shallow section of the audience to laugh along.

not me anyway!!:D:D:blush:

I have to say I was a little taken aback by the scene as people urinating is not usually covered in progs like EE. I'm surprised it took this long for the scene to be subject to a DS thread.
    Uh-there's no easy way to say this but the scene was accompanied by "noises" too.
    I did think at the end if it "actings not a profession for the self conscious" literally ANY part f life may be portrayed when acting.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 156
    Forum Member
    Aye, but no women peeing in any of the scenes

Why?

Ooh here's a thought: misogyny is a real worldwide problem with real life consequences for all women whereas 'sexism' against males is inconsequential/nonexistent. Like please what is your actual complaint? What harm does this REALLY do to men? Vaginas are dirty to society, penises are everywhere, dicks dicks dicks, so don't be surprised when they're used in an insult =(((
  • Options
    Forum Member
    cobwebsoup wrote: »
    Typical sexist soap operas. It's the same as when a man hits a woman he's considered a thug and a villain, yet it's fine and often seen as comical when a woman hits a man (Kat punching Alfie when he bought The Vic springs to mind...) I thought the toilet scene was wrong on so many levels aswell.

Women's anger is taken as a joke. It's all misogyny.
  • Options
    WhedoniteWhedonite Posts: 29,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, I'm serious.

The EE female can basically do as she pleases, and no-one bats an eyelid.

If Stan Carter walks into the female toilets and begins a conversation with Whitney Dean about her treatment of Lee...what would be the response from the public

PERVERT I suspect will be the word.

Women pee in private. If Whitney happened to be peeing in a unisex toilet in a man's urinal and Stan started a conversation with her, why would that be perverted?
  • Options
    eejmeejm Posts: 1,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Stan Carter walks into the female toilets and begins a conversation with Whitney Dean about her treatment of Lee...what would be the response from the public.

I understand the point you're trying to make, but I'm cracking myself up envisioning this scene. Perverted? No. Awkward? YES.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ooh here's a thought: misogyny is a real worldwide problem with real life consequences for all women whereas 'sexism' against males is inconsequential/nonexistent. Like please what is your actual complaint? What harm does this REALLY do to men? Vaginas are dirty to society, penises are everywhere, dicks dicks dicks, so don't be surprised when they're used in an insult =(((

Why is sexism against males inconsequential?

Ignoring the rest of that nonsense post.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whedonite wrote: »
    Women pee in private. If Whitney happened to be peeing in a unisex toilet in a man's urinal and Stan started a conversation with her, why would that be perverted?

So women are ok to waltz into the male toilets? that's acceptable?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Why is sexism against males inconsequential?

Ignoring the rest of that nonsense post.

L o l
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Gay men have always played a massive role in EastEnders, one of the co-creators of EastEnders Tony Holland was gay. On top of that if you add the campness of Sharon, DTC and other Executive Producers, the gays rule. EastEnders is camp melodrama and always has been dear. ;-) :D

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3vEoVZyOuIc

After you see that pout from 0:58 you can't deny that EastEnders is High Camp TV. ;-)
  • Options
    WhedoniteWhedonite Posts: 29,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So women are ok to waltz into the male toilets? that's acceptable?

I don't recall saying that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chris Mark wrote: »
    Gay men have always played a massive role in EastEnders, one of the co-creators of EastEnders Tony Holland was gay. On top of that if you add the campness of Sharon, DTC and other Executive Producers, the gays rule. EastEnders is camp melodrama and always has been dear. ;-) :D

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3vEoVZyOuIc

After you see that pout from 0:58 you can't deny that EastEnders is High Camp TV. ;-)

I would NEVER deny that!:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would NEVER deny that!:D

:D

Sharon is a gay man in a woman's body.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chris Mark wrote: »
    :D

Sharon is a gay man in a woman's body.

Sharon is the gayest character ever to appear in EastEnders:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sharon is the gayest character ever to appear in EastEnders:D

Precisely, the actual gay men such as Christian, Syed, Tony, Simon, Johnny etc. don't come close....:D
  • Options
    KaylaLKaylaL Posts: 1,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey The Rydler: I think you're a weirdo getting off on talking about this. The language you use leads me to believe you're getting a kick out of it. Why not go to a sex site to get your jollies?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was a tawdry post to have to type out, wasnt it?

I bet you feel a bit cheap after that eh?