Options

Ant and Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway New Series Series 11 22/02/2014!

Comments

• Options
    AoibheannRoseAoibheannRose Posts: 1,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jtmr wrote: »
    Earlier in the show, Ant & Dec saw David Dickinson to get him to be part of the end of show show and he was in full rock gear with make up. Then, in Undercover, which was later in the show, he was back in normal dress. For the end of show show, he was back in full rock gear with make up again. The show is "live" yet this doesn't make practical sense

Thoughts anyone?

Good observation. I didn't clock that whilst watching but you're right, it wouldn't make sense. They pre-recorded the bit with him I suppose, in the same way as they do with the sketch before the opening titles and the Little Ant and Dec bits.
  • Options
    NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only bad bit was David Dickenson...at least he had the balls to admit he knew it was them because the makeup was laughably bad and Ant's voice was the same! You could tell them a mile off and you could tell Dickenson was acting.

Should just stick to the giving celebrities orders in the earpiece. That is funnier.

I’m amazed no one (appears to) recognise them in the Undercover bits. While the make up is impressive, I don’t think it can fool anyone – its so obvious its Ant and Dec. It sort of worked with the Gordon Ramsey Undercover last week because they were out of his view until the very end, but otherwise I find it hard to believe they actually fool anyone.

I have a similar issue with the ‘Get Me Out of My Ear’ segment – if the person doesn’t have long hair you can clearly see they are wearing an earpiece. Watching the Eamon and Ruth one earlier in the series, you could tell Ruth had an earpiece because of her hair, but you could clearly see it on Eamon’s ear. What do the members of the public think, that it’s a hearing aid?

As for the pre-recorded bits – I find the best way to tell which bits are pre-recorded is by looking at Dec’s hair. Because it’s a ‘choppy’ style its slightly different in the pre-recorded bits. Although that gets more complicated if he’s just done a segment where he wore a helmet or a wig and had needed his hair restyled afterwards.

Anyway, none of these things are really complaints, and its still my favourite Saturday night programme right now. And its closing in on The Voice too, first week 1.5m behind, second week 0.5m behind, this week 0.05m behind.
  • Options
    radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saturday night TV really is crap nowadays. Don't watch anything on the main terrestrial channels until MOTD.
  • Options
    MoggioMoggio Posts: 4,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    Fantastic to see the Quo there. Made McBusted look like pratts. :cool::cool:

Nah. Unlike the Quo, McBusted actually know more than one chord.
  • Options
    mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 146,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bump for tonight ;-)
  • Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Evening mrb

I wish they'd do the earpieces instead of their silly dressing up, although Holly's one tonight does look quite funny
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Evening mrb

I wish they'd do the earpieces instead of their silly dressing up, although Holly's one tonight does look quite funny

Hi BG :)
  • Options
    guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mrbernay wrote: »
    Bump for tonight ;-)
    Evening mrb

Evening you two!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hello snail
  • Options
    guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hello snail

Hope it's a Lemon free show tonight!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

We can but pray
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Hi gs :-) Don't know who the announcer is this week... It's not on the EPG
    Holly Willoughby this week, Christine Bleakley next week. They really plug ITV people....
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evening all. :) Hope last week was just a blip and it gets better again tonight.

The Holly Willoughby thing looks like it might be good. And can I just say, I've kept saying on TM all week, 'Holly looks slightly preggers' and I was right. :o
  • Options
    AoibheannRoseAoibheannRose Posts: 1,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi gs :-) Don't know who the announcer is this week... It's not on the EPG
    Holly Willoughby this week, Christine Bleakley next week. They really plug ITV people....

Louis Walsh is the announcer. It's a St. Patrick's Day themed show apparently, with The Commitments cast definitely performing at the end, along with a load of (crap) Irish bands such as Westife, Bewitched, and possibly Jedward-going by twitter anyway. There's also a big SNT screen (again, going by twitter reports) in Dublin at the moment, not sure what it will be used for. Edited to add that the screen must be going to display the audiences' faces to win the adverts.
  • Options
    xflarexflare Posts: 1,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    uggghhh St Patrick's day... will give this weeks show a miss.
  • Options
    Ben_FreemanBen_Freeman Posts: 326
    Forum Member
    Not long now anyone going to the tour I am
  • Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    Evening all. :) Hope last week was just a blip and it gets better again tonight.

The Holly Willoughby thing looks like it might be good. And can I just say, I've kept saying on TM all week, 'Holly looks slightly preggers' and I was right. :o

amazing in it, I looked at the clouds last week and said its going to rain and it did :o:D
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    amazing in it, I looked at the clouds last week and said its going to rain and it did

>:(>:(>:(:p:p:p:D
  • Options
    Mrs TeapotMrs Teapot Posts: 124,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Evening :)

Lois's voice is going :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Louis' voice doesn't sound as if it'll hold out :o;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i can;t get over ants forehead
  • Options
    Mrs TeapotMrs Teapot Posts: 124,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    i can;t get over ants forehead

Why are you trying to get over his forehead?

*gets coat* :D
  • Options
    Dan_CbbcDan_Cbbc Posts: 1,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evening guys :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Louis is a natural isn't he ◔̯◔
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Louis' voice doesn't sound as if it'll hold out :o;-)

His hair looked very bouffanty!