Options

You know you're getting old when.....

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Angela F wrote: »
    You can remember when offices were filled with typewriters, telex machines, spirit duplicators and plug switchboards.

Nothing beats the smell of that purple duplicator ink!

I remember when audio clips at school were played on a huge tape reel in a portable suitcase. Whiteboards and interactive boards were decades away......
  • Options
    Uncle FesterUncle Fester Posts: 15,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Three from me
    When I get a stiffy ( I don't know how ) it frightens the crap out of me , I feel as though Rigor Mortis is setting in

When I look in the mirror and have no idea who that ugly old bugger is who is looking me .

When I go for a pee and when I finish realize I had not taken it out of my pants :(
  • Options
    academiaacademia Posts: 18,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ginger Nut wrote: »
    When you find your GP is probably young enough to be your child.

When you always translate metres into feet and inches in your head to establish just how tall that is.

Also, when you read a footnote in a book explaining pounds, shillings, and pence
  • Options
    BenBenBenBenBenBenBenBen Posts: 440
    Forum Member
    When you've never been in the back seat of your present car.
  • Options
    HotelierHotelier Posts: 13,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You scratch your head in disbelief at the mostly crap music modern youngsters listen to and then realise old people said the same about the music you liked when you were young.
  • Options
    jazzyjazzyjazzyjazzy Posts: 4,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Three from me
    When I get a stiffy ( I don't know how ) it frightens the crap out of me , I feel as though Rigor Mortis is setting in

When I look in the mirror and have no idea who that ugly old bugger is who is looking me .

When I go for a pee and when I finish realize I had not taken it out of my pants :(

Brilliant :D:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    BenBenBenBenBenBenBenBen Posts: 440
    Forum Member
    When you bend down to pick something up off the floor and you think to yourself... 'Is there anything else needs doing whilst I'm down here?".
  • Options
    warszawawarszawa Posts: 4,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When you've been to the toilet and a bit of extra wee comes out half way down the steps.
  • Options
    HillmanImpHillmanImp Posts: 2,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you can remember who Donald Crowhurst was.
  • Options
    Swanandduck2Swanandduck2 Posts: 5,502
    Forum Member
    In work it's:

When you realise you'd left school and started working before some of your colleagues were even born.

When you envy people retiring instead of feeling sorry for them.

When half the management board are younger than you are.
  • Options
    MargMckMargMck Posts: 24,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saigo wrote: »
    You need glasses to see where you have left your glasses...

Sometimes I have to put on my prescription lens sunglasses indoors at night just so I have a chance of seeing where I've dumped my proper daytime glasses.

But the worst one is I am walking down the street at what feels top speed and easily over-take an old lady, and then a long-legged teenager simply glides past ME as if I am crawling along. They just see two old dears in the way on the pavement.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,924
    Forum Member
    For me it was when the thank you note came into work thanking us for making the guests stay so nice then adding on "especially the small white haired woman". Cheers!!!! Then of course I realised I am the oldest member of staff there.
  • Options
    Mo from t'marketMo from t'market Posts: 558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Absolutely loving this thread :D

Just thought of another one: when the music I remember so well from my youth is played on the “golden oldies” slot on the radio :eek:

Also when I hear of kids today learning about the 1980s and 90s in History class. To be fair, I remember my mum being similarly aghast when I was learning about the 60s in History.
  • Options
    len112len112 Posts: 4,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When Radio 1 starts to sound like nails on a chalkboard
    When you go into Ds music forum and nobody seems to be older than 14
    When you go into DS Showbiz forum and read about how awesome Cheryl and Tulisa are and Dappy's latest song is fab
    You'd rather watch the discovery channel documentaries on jellyfish than Peter Andre's latest show .
  • Options
    sillybillybuntosillybillybunto Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    You worry about the length of the grass in your garden and can't wait for it to stop raining so you can cut it.
  • Options
    benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When you go to the supermarket with 2 pairs of glasses on top of your head, cos you thought you had lost pair no 1. I did this yesterday.:o
  • Options
    PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    len112 wrote: »
    When Radio 1 starts to sound like nails on a chalkboard
    When you go into Ds music forum and nobody seems to be older than 14
    When you go into DS Showbiz forum and read about how awesome Cheryl and Tulisa are and Dappy's latest song is fab
    You'd rather watch the discovery channel documentaries on jellyfish than Peter Andre's latest show .

Yep - this is all me. Plus:-

When you start to feel ashamed of that 80s CD you like to play on a loop in the car.

You start seeing the pop stars that you had posters of on your bedroom wall looking really OLD. How did that happen ?

You start buying shoes for comfort.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Porcupine wrote: »
    Yep - this is all me. Plus:-

When you start to feel ashamed of that 80s CD you like to play on a loop in the car.

You start seeing the pop stars that you had posters of on your bedroom wall looking really OLD. How did that happen ?

You start buying shoes for comfort.

I agree re the shoes. I open the wardrobe and choose the Hotters and see lined up gathering dust all my " tarts trotters", knowing I shall never wear them again, but cannot bring my self to chucking them:cry:
  • Options
    Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hotelier wrote: »
    You scratch your head in disbelief at the mostly crap music modern youngsters listen to and then realise old people said the same about the music you liked when you were young.

I do this every time i hear a car drive past my house playing gangster rap. Though i applauded when i heard a neighbour drive up to her house with Donner Summer blairing out at full volume. :D
  • Options
    Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    When you still chase women but are too tired to do anything when you catch them...that's if you can remember what you were going to do in the first place.
  • Options
    cookie_princesscookie_princess Posts: 1,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm only 28 but -

I get angry when I'm in the passengers seat at other people's driving

I don't know any stuff in the charts anymore :(

I moan about people in shorts/ tops when it's it's really not that warm

I still keep turning down the tv as it's too loud

Young people make angry as I was one once :(

Checking the Temperature before you go out and deciding what to wear
  • Options
    shaggy_xshaggy_x Posts: 3,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i started listening to Radio 2 instead of Radio 1.

And also Radio 4. :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shaggy_x wrote: »
    i started listening to Radio 2 instead of Radio 1.

And also Radio 4. :o

Radio 4 more. Programmes from the 50s and no news.:eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    When you go to a classic car show and remember when half of them were originally on the road!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member
    You go to the V&A museum and see products you have used in your own lifetime. :o