LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    "Natch-ohs"

How do Americans say it?
  • Options
    old mixerold mixer Posts: 2,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm starting to get the feeling that while its very admirable to stick to your guns, it only works if you are making good choices. I'm not 100% sure the girls make the right choices with their singles and they may actually be part of what's holding them back.
    BIB :- This - particularly if Jesy is the main arbiter of what's "cool"
    Re the desire for a good 2nd single
    Change Your Life and Little Me.
    yes - well.....
    DreC wrote: »
    I said a great 2nd single
    LOL :D
  • Options
    DumdedumdumDumdedumdum Posts: 1,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    About choosing singles, Lily Allen says she has no choice in which songs get chosen to be singles and I believe Lady Gaga has said the same thing. I think it very likely that the LM girls have very little choice in the matter.

Aside from Little Me (which was a mistake) their releases haven't been bad. Wings and DNA were great, Change Your Life important for their fanbase, How Ya Doin showed a different R&B / funk side which they continued into next album. Move was a gamechanger in terms of winning new fans and radioplay, Salute was a great summer single. I know others would have prefered NFLY but imo Salute had to be a single really, it's a very successful tour opener for them. Word Up! they had no choice about and it's pretty much forgotten about at this stage. So I have some faith that lead single for 3rd album will be a good pick. I just really hope they follow it up with an uptempo number not another ballad. They did this for 1st album, for Salute they probably felt they had to get a ballad out there to keep fans happy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    About choosing singles, Lily Allen says she has no choice in which songs get chosen to be singles and I believe Lady Gaga has said the same thing. I think it very likely that the LM girls have very little choice in the matter.

Aside from Little Me (which was a mistake) their releases haven't been bad. Wings and DNA were great, Change Your Life important for their fanbase, How Ya Doin showed a different R&B / funk side which they continued into next album. Move was a gamechanger in terms of winning new fans and radioplay, Salute was a great summer single. I know others would have prefered NFLY but imo Salute had to be a single really, it's a very successful tour opener for them. Word Up! they had no choice about and it's pretty much forgotten about at this stage. So I have some faith that lead single for 3rd album will be a good pick. I just really hope they follow it up with an uptempo number not another ballad. They did this for 1st album, for Salute they probably felt they had to get a ballad out there to keep fans happy.
    Good post... I think you make some fair points..... (though I still don't get on with CYL)
    BIB:- I'm hoping that any ballads are left on the album - IF there's significant cherry-picking, then maybe some consideration could be given to a release........
  • Options
    casualviewercasualviewer Posts: 31,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How do Americans say it?

"Notch-ohs". Soft vowels. Mexico is nearby.

I have never been keen on the studio version of HYD and they didnt need to make it a single to progress their sound which would have happened anyway. The lead singles have always been great. Notice both of them are peppy uptempos that the public responded to. You'd think the label or someone would learn that's what people like from LM.

Was Little Me the single that the girls said they would let the label choose?
  • Options
    19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Radio 1's Teen Awards is back on 19 October 2014.

Would be good if Little Mix performed on it again. Since they were there in 2012.

Speaking of Radio 1 every new Little Mix single since the Introduction of "Track of The Day" in September 2013 has been a "ToTD" Move-Little Me-Word Up!-Salute. So even though Move was the only "Salute" single to be A Listed that's pretty good that every single has been a ToTD.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ummmm... charcoal is good for cleaning teeth....:p
  • Options
    Charlie_TrenchCharlie_Trench Posts: 981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Random question but does anyone know how any 3 of the Salute tour support acts (Harvey, NVS & M.O) are doing? Did the tour help them at all?

I was looking, out of curiosity and literally couldn't find one thing about either of the 3 of them lol :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember seeing Harvey's name on one of the same festival bills that LM did just recently...can't recall which one right now but I figure those were fairly large gigs.

What I find interesting is that LM were support for the abbreviated JLS tour along with Cover Drive in 2012? JLS is now gone, and Cover Drive just released a single that I think failed to chart at all.

LM has now outlasted several other acts they were contemporaries with too. Stooshe is technically still alive but barely, Girls Aloud is gone, who knows what fate the Sats have in store in the near future.
  • Options
    Emma_WaughmanEmma_Waughman Posts: 13,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember seeing Harvey's name on one of the same festival bills that LM did just recently...can't recall which one right now but I figure those were fairly large gigs.

What I find interesting is that LM were support for the abbreviated JLS tour along with Cover Drive in 2012? JLS is now gone, and Cover Drive just released a single that I think failed to chart at all.

LM has now outlasted several other acts they were contemporaries with too. Stooshe is technically still alive but barely, Girls Aloud is gone, who knows what fate the Sats have in store in the near future.

MKS or the three piece girlband has been sighted on Radio 1, the DJ said these girls went on tour with Little Mix and killed it, so I think they`re the only ones doing well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh btw, Nobody seen the new photoshoot? Seen in a Paris store called Tati.

http://littlemix-news.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^I think you mean M.O.? MKS hasnt done anything lately.

But speaking of "whatever happened to", I remember this girl group Vanquish that was playing alongside LM in Blackpool the year of Jade's unitard, and at the time I thought they looked like a disaster. Apparently they were because Googling them there are 4 completely new women.

Vanquish back in 2012. Bee, Rianna, Holly and Lizzy
    http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/leisure/latest/9639928.Sexy_girl_band_Vanquish_to_support_Westlife_s_farewell_tour/
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fK1O_xlX9wE

Vanquish now. Lucy, Becky, Lisa, Sophia
    https://www.facebook.com/vanquish

Gotta hand it to LM for keeping it together.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This is what came up for Tati on Yelp from a reviewer in 2008:

This is a discount chain in Paris, but branches can be found all over France. It sells everything from T-shirts, children's clothes, kitchen and bathroom accessories and other bargain household goods.

Whenever I'm in Paris I can't help but come here and have a rummage. A plain white tee for only EUR1.99, yes please! They also have a shop that sells wedding dresses. You'll always find it busy, and because there is so much stuff on sale you can easily spend an hour or two in here. I even noticed sloggi underwear on sale here at reduced prices.

I know there is so much to see and do in paris, but if you fancy a change and want to buy cheap gifts then check it out the next time you're here.

It sounds like a low end store? Do an image search for Tati Paris. Not exactly subtle, there. Guess the 9.99 Euro sticker on the window should have tipped people off.
  • Options
    aldualdu Posts: 2,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

OMG! Did not know TATI still existed! I must have been a toddler last I went there.
    Lovely pix.
  • Options
    kieranyeah123kieranyeah123 Posts: 1,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What I've noticed with Salute in particular is you can tell when they're miming the verses or not as Jesy and Jade in the first verses won't do the dance routine. Not that there's anything wrong with that as it's incredibly hard to dance and sing in tune at the same time and getting out of breath.
  • Options
    Forum Member

This is a discount chain in Paris, but branches can be found all over France. It sells everything from T-shirts, children's clothes, kitchen and bathroom accessories and other bargain household goods.

Whenever I'm in Paris I can't help but come here and have a rummage. A plain white tee for only EUR1.99, yes please! They also have a shop that sells wedding dresses. You'll always find it busy, and because there is so much stuff on sale you can easily spend an hour or two in here. I even noticed sloggi underwear on sale here at reduced prices.

I know there is so much to see and do in paris, but if you fancy a change and want to buy cheap gifts then check it out the next time you're here.

It sounds like a low end store? Do an image search for Tati Paris. Not exactly subtle, there. Guess the 9.99 Euro sticker on the window should have tipped people off.

Sounds like a French version of Primark. Which LM also has products in.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Jesy in the second picture omg. I cant believe that she doesn't think that she's sexy :o.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 192
    Forum Member
    Random question but does anyone know how any 3 of the Salute tour support acts (Harvey, NVS & M.O) are doing? Did the tour help them at all?

I was looking, out of curiosity and literally couldn't find one thing about either of the 3 of them lol :confused:

M.O. performed at Wireless on one of the smaller stages and are going to be at Fusion festival in Birmingham. They also got their new single Dance On My Own A listed on the radio 1xtra playlist, and I've seen it on the music channels a couple times, so they're doing okay I think :)

It's always tougher to make it as a girl group unfortunately, as we know all too well! So they'll probably have to work super hard to keep their name out there even a little bit.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Least that`s better then it being a drug store. Girl on twitter had this description type thing of Tati and apparently it was a drug store or something.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From the Google image search, Tati is really garish and cheap looking on the exterior. It doesnt sound that great to me. Their photo is nice. What its going into, is not.

I saw a few French Mixers tweeting their horreur last night.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Little Mix photoshoot for Tati. I think it says coming to stores Aug. 26. (Is that right, Aldu?)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVi0Ilh86aw
  • Options
    luner_45luner_45 Posts: 434
    Forum Member
    Don't know if you guys know this but it looks like Zayn(Or modest, Columbia idk) managed to pull some strings with the Where We Are tour. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JY0oX8pnbMw#t=43
    I know you guys said you'd never want LM to open for 1D which i agree completely, but they're showing their music videos all across their tour(All of them and same with 5Sos) especially in the US. And they're showing all music videos at least TWICE before according to this tweet: https://twitter.com/nxuis/status/497130509076799488

I mean I hate to say it but they're kinda touring with 1D without physically being there especially if their music videos are getting that much exposure.
    With that being said, I still don't get how they canceled the US Salute tour, surely their management must have known that they were getting that amount of promo in the US, and since its happening in Stadiums with 20k Capacitys across the US; LM should've been able to sold a lot of tickets before the tour could've even begun.

idk what to feel now. :/
  • Options
    shaunnashinesshaunnashines Posts: 5,698
    Forum Member
    1D and 5SOS music videos were shown at the Salute Tour UK (even 2 of the support acts covered their songs).

Did Perrie pull some strings?! No Modest did.

But I already know what ya trying to say...
  • Options
    piratapirata Posts: 324
    Forum Member
    Is it really Modest/Syco/Columbia/whoever pulling strings if they're just playing the videos of 1D's labelmates? This is really nothing new either, they've been playing Move and recently Salute at 1D's shows since their tour began.

Also, I don't really think it does much for promo, most of 1D's fans tend to already be familiar with Little Mix, if not their music. Sure it probably got the attention of some people, but most of those in attendance are either already fans, don't like Little Mix (for one obvious reason /eyeroll) or might bop to it but won't buy. Columbia should be doing this at shows for their other artists to build a wider audience. Trying to pull some of 1D's fans is all well and good, but if they'd played their music during Beyonce's Mrs. Carter tour, now that would really be impressive and maybe draw in fans who wouldn't normally have heard of them.
This discussion has been closed.