Options

Guardian writer accuses the British of being racist as we don't love Lewis Hamilton

Comments

• Options
    The WizardThe Wizard Posts: 11,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sounds like more faux offense and outrage on behalf of the middle class falafel munching, taramasalata eating lefties.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An attempt to make a story out of nothing at all, total nonsense.
    jclock66 wrote: »
    It does seem strange that people don't like Lewis because of his arrogance but instead support a German.
    True.
  • Options
    Lil_MLil_M Posts: 2,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ads wrote: »
    http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/nov/24/lewis-hamilton-lack-popularity-black-formula-1-champion

This article is basically race baiting. We often see lots of criticism about the Daily Mail on here, but the Guardian certainly doesn't seem to be any better. I guess its good clickbait for the Guardian looking at the number of comments, but its also extremely poor journalism.

Of course you would say that. truth is, we do not celebrate Black people in this country. This nation can't even acknowledge that it was built on the back of black slaves without some outrage.
    There is this ingrained racists in this nation that is so scary. If anyone dares speaks out, it is race baiting
  • Options
    tealadytealady Posts: 26,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isnt it simply that F1 is just dull?
  • Options
    AdsAds Posts: 37,059
    Forum Member
    Lil_M wrote: »
    Of course you would say that. truth is, we do not celebrate Black people in this country. This nation can't even acknowledge that it was built on the back of black slaves without some outrage.
    There is this ingrained racists in this nation that is so scary. If anyone dares speaks out, it is race baiting

Oh look Lil_M is calling everyone racist for the umpteenth time :yawn
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    I neither like or dislike him, he just doesn't seem to have any charisma.

Race or colour has no bearing on my opinion of him (or of anyone).
  • Options
    EterniaEternia Posts: 112
    Forum Member
    I love F1. I love motorsports in general. I am the dafty that will get up at 1am to watch free practice.
    I find it massively offensive that i could be seen as racist that i don't like lulu. Don't get me wrong, I have my favourites. He is not one and it has sod all to do with ethnicity.
    I just think he is a bit of a dick mitten. A massive one actually.
    Do I think he deserved the title? Yes.
    Do I think he raced well? Yes
    Still don't like him.
  • Options
    Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,925
    Forum Member
    I can't get enthused about Hamilton at all.

He's so robotic and boring.
    Nothing to do with his ethnic background.
  • Options
    80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lil_M wrote: »

Perhaps then you should find a country where you would be happy seeing as you don't like it here?
  • Options
    jclock66jclock66 Posts: 2,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like how many British tennis fans dislike Andy Murray because they say he has no personality but instead support Federa, one if the dullest men alive.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    tealady wrote: »
    Isnt it simply that F1 is just dull?

Yes, though it's not as boring as golf.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I like how many British tennis fans dislike Andy Murray because they say he has no personality but instead support Federa, one if the dullest men alive.

But Fed is so smiley... awww.
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ads wrote: »
    http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/nov/24/lewis-hamilton-lack-popularity-black-formula-1-champion

This article is basically race baiting. We often see lots of criticism about the Daily Mail on here, but the Guardian certainly doesn't seem to be any better. I guess its good clickbait for the Guardian looking at the number of comments, but its also extremely poor journalism.

So if someone is black and you don't worship the ground they walk on, then you are a racist ?

This country gets madder by the minute.
  • Options
    tealadytealady Posts: 26,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Federa ??
  • Options
    sodavlacsodavlac Posts: 10,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Welsh-lad wrote: »
    But Fed is so smiley... awww.

He has nicely kept hair too.

He also played more attractive tennis at his best to be fair, not just more effective tennis.
  • Options
    yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    Welsh-lad wrote: »
    Yes, though it's not as boring as golf.

or cricket:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tealady wrote: »
    Federa ??

He's as dull as dishwater.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Today I've heard radio and TV commentators congratulate him on his win, but then immediately go on to question whether or not he compares to F1's British 'greats' and who would win in a race if he had to race them, which I thought seemed a bit off. He's won more races than any other British driver. Not saying that's down to racism, it just struck me as unnecessary.
  • Options
    yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    blueblade wrote: »
    So if someone is black and you don't worship the ground they walk on, then you are a racist ?

This country gets madder by the minute.

No, they are mad when they support Federer instead of Murray and Rosberg instead of Hamilton . Truly mad and unpatriotic.
  • Options
    benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    F1 has changed immeasurable since it's inception . The people involved have changed dramatically , the money involved has changed and the steerers of car have also changed. For safety reasons it's not the sport it was, attracting dare devils has long gone.
    Thank goodness we still have people like Foggy in bike riding . It's long gone from motor racing.
  • Options
    Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    Finally a racism article by Joesph Harker. It's been at least a week since his last one.
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Until I saw the news tonight I knew 3 things about him. 1. that he is paid to drive a car and apparently does that well 2. who his girlfriend is and 3. that he is very rich.

As of watching tonight's news, I now know he has more money for driving a car than anybody needs in 10 lifetimes, all for driving a bloody car and that he didn't drink any alcohol last night :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, they are mad when they support Federer instead of Murray and Rosberg instead of Hamilton . Truly mad and unpatriotic.

They should at least be honest then, they like Federer because he's been more successful not because he has a better personality because he hasn't. They're both very dull humans.
  • Options
    PrincessTTPrincessTT Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Lewis and I'm over the moon that he won the title.
    My daughter absolutely adores him, her nickname is Little Lewis because she wants to be just like him when she's older.

However... I know that he's not everyone's cup of tea, but on the whole that's just because people like different personality traits in others. He does get some obviously racist hate directed at him, but that's very different from people simply not liking him for their own reasons.
  • Options
    benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They should at least be honest then, they like Federer because he's been more successful not because he has a better personality because he hasn't. They're both very dull humans.

Well at least Federer is still totally in control of that raquet and his ability skill and fitness will dominate that ball with his raquet.