Mary's House

Comments

• Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    frycake wrote: »
    What a bunch of old scrubbers!

Let's all castigate a woman we know nothing about (other than what we see on the telly, from editors who are well known for their objectivity) for cleanliness (or supposed lack thereof).

It's no wonder people on these shows have breakdowns. Does anyone honestly believe that by appearing on X Factor you should expect to have every aspect of your life open to scrutiny?

This is childish, bullying behaviour. Judge the singing, not her housekeeping.

Whoever uploaded a video of her house onto Youtube using insulting terms in the title is obviously not a nice person.It's definitely a form of harassment IMO.
  • Options
    LadyHonestswagLadyHonestswag Posts: 1,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her daughter should of called in Aggie and Kim from How Clean Is Your House? before she let the camera crew in, how embarrassing. :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her daughter should of called in Aggie and Kim from How Clean Is Your House? before she let the camera crew in, how embarrassing. :o

The houses on that show are a hundred times worse : Mary's house is like Buckingham Palace compared to most of them :D Food and litter on the floor,rubbish piled everywhere,cookers and sinks that haven't been cleaned in five years etc.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    I would disagree : the house looked a little cluttered but I wouldn't say it looked dirty.I didn't see any litter on the floor,or clothes strewn all around the place.Maybe the daughter has done zero cleaning or tidying in seven weeks,but I've seen far worse houses than that on TV before.
    So what do you call clean then, I suppose your house looks worse then that then, does it? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The houses on that show are a hundred times worse : Mary's house is like Buckingham Palace compared to most of them :D Food and litter on the floor,rubbish piled everywhere,cookers and sinks that haven't been cleaned in five years etc.

Well for Mary's sake, lets hope it don't look like that, when she goes back home because it looks like it's half way there :D
  • Options
    GlanbraintGlanbraint Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't look that bad to me!:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So what do you call clean then, I suppose your house looks worse then that then, does it? :D

I'm not saying Mary's is clean and tidy....far from it (it looks too cluttered for starters),but the ones on Aggie and Kim's show were horrendous,complete squalor and usually looking more like a rubbish tip than a house.
  • Options
    RevenReven Posts: 2,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's an ordinary working woman who works in Tesco's and lives in a place she can afford. Her house was fine.
  • Options
    minnie1957minnie1957 Posts: 412
    Forum Member
    the x factor producers and some digital forum members have reached an all time low in my opinion............that poor woman!

Mary has brought up her daughter single handed in a very hostile environment, she nursed both her elderly parents until the day they died. She holds down two jobs which are not at the top of any pay scale. But give her credit for that ?NO.......why dont we all humiliate her about the state of a house she has not been in for many weeks. :mad:
  • Options
    domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member
    If that is what some think as dirty they have lived very sheltered lives.

The freezer needed defrosting, it's probably old and needs replacing but then not everyone can afford to go out and purchase a new one without a second thought.

It was a home and looked lived in, is that so wrong?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 415
    Forum Member
    Flipping heck. You all related to that friggin' Kim and Aggie???

So what, her house was a tip.... God forbid she shouldn't stay in the X Factor, she needs to go home and clean her walls...!

Maybe things like that are important to some people and not to others.
  • Options
    quasimoronquasimoron Posts: 20,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was the ice compartment of an old fridge, they showed and it had no door.It was not a freezer and because it had no door, it was frosted over.This can happen overnight if a door is not close properly.
    All I saw in the Br was a few bottles of Dove and soap. So what ! at least they bathe and if the stuff is out every day, they bathe every day..If you use stuff it is usually around.Its not different to most Br's except no cameras in ours.
    I looked on the Youtube thingy and thought wtf is the fuss about.The walls looked newly painted on the stairs and thats why the carpet is up maybe.Maybe the daughter is redecorating and every where is cluttered.We dont know, do we? This is just idle gossip.
    Mary has had bootcamp and Judges house and now the show, she has been gone along time. and very busy.She could be scrounging but the woman works hard. There is no shame in being hardup but honest. and living within your means.
    This is why we have recession, people judging on superficial things i.e money, greed and material things.Mary strikes me as a very normal woman with a lot of integrity.She is a good role model to single parents.Her daughter seems a nice girl and Mary is maybe putting her through uni, hence why she is broke.
    She should have tidied before the cameras arrived but it is a home and homes are for living and relaxing in, not showpieces. What I noticed was all the family pics on the wall.People display in their homes, what matters to them most.Obviously this is family to Mary.To other people it is furnishings and posh bits.I knew a woman who did not allow the kids in the house during the day as she had white carpets, obvious where her priorities lay.
    You could go in for a cup of tea to Mary and feel welcome.You would feel relaxed and warm.Thats a home, not fancy stair carpet.
  • Options
    riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Excellently put, quasi! It just looked to me like a home that is well lived in, and I would have no problem sitting with Mary for a cuppa in there! I would NOT drink tea in any house I considered "filthy", which this was most certainly not!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 466
    Forum Member
    i BLAH
  • Options
    honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    She hasn't been to London at all : she's terrified of flying.

Seems this was part of Mary's meltdown during the week.She celebrated her 51st birthday on her with no friends and family around her.
    Oh that's sad.
    MrsSpoon wrote: »
    Made me laugh. :D The fridge was unbelievable. :eek:
    The daughter looked old enough to help Mum out a bit while she was away.
    Did she deliberately open the fridge door as a hint for Mum to come home?

I am so pleased that Mary survived this week. Let's hope she does another brilliant power ballad next week.
    Faulty fridges and freezers do that. Just leaving the door ajar is enough.
    calamity wrote: »
    This isnt so much talking about a boggin house its the fact that they girl wasnt embarrassed to take the cameras in..... it was a dump..nothing to do with money or trappings that was filthy.. I remember Shayne Wards mums house took it was a pit with torn wallpaper on walls.
    She has nothing to be embarrassed about. The house didn't look unhygienic to me. Nobody died from clutter!
    susie-4964 wrote: »
    If something's shown on TV, we can criticise it if we want to. Nobody died and made you DS Monitor for the week. The daughter should have said "No thanks", but maybe neither of them cares, some people just aren't houseproud. I wouldn't want to live in that house, but fortunately I don't have to.
    Perhaps it is part of the contract?
    Maisie74 wrote: »
    The house was gross - no carpet on the stair but the stairs hadn't been sanded or anything - there was just no carpet.

House was a hovel - no excuse for living like that
    There is nothing gross about not having a carpet. On the contrary i believe carpets unless constantly disinfected hold far more germs than bare wood ever could.
    I think the dog was "doing his nut" to try and keep the door closed so he didn't have to go back in the house......that muddy garden is a darn sight cleaner than the lounge!!

I blame her untidy **** of a daughter, who wouldn't know a vacuum cleaner if she tripped over it........which is easily done when its buried under a weeks worth of dirty washing. :eek:
    I didn't see any dirty washing.:confused: What eagle eyes you must have to distinguish between clean and dirty on tv. Or is it that i dont have HD?
    calamity wrote: »
    dont really know myself what the idea of that was at all.. it did Mary no favours.. as to me dirty house , dirty personal hygiene .
    And yet the bathroom was full of soap/shampoo etc?
    duffsdad wrote: »
    It could be a very lazy daughter. The freezer however is a disgrace, I wonder how it even works.
    Clearly doesn't properly. Sometimes if you don't have the cash you just put up with it.
    I have no idea why they filmed it or were even aware of it. :rolleyes:

Mary's daughter looked lovely to me. Friendly and open.
    What does it matter about the house?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think that's quite unnecessary humiliation. Particularly Huq's comments on Xtra Factor.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm surprised people keep going on about this, bringing this thread up! I just wonder about the mentality of someone that thinks it's very funny posting a video on youtube about Mary and her house that is just un-called for. Mary isn't my favourite, but this is just becoming absurd.
  • Options
    SurrenderBillSurrenderBill Posts: 19,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This forum is generally absurd, which is probably why I come here... for the laughs!
  • Options
    honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    ardwark wrote: »
    I think that's quite unnecessary humiliation. Particularly Huq's comments on Xtra Factor.

Yep. Gone right off her!:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it didn't look that bad.:o
  • Options
    SurrenderBillSurrenderBill Posts: 19,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lurcio wrote: »
    I thought it didn't look that bad.:o

It wasn't that bad, it's just that this forum is polluted with people who only see what they want to see.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really don't know what all the fuss is about, apart from the freezer which clearly hadn't been defrosted for years and actually is not cost efficient being the way it is, mostly clutter. The dog marks on the window could have been made that day, especially if it was a wet day and the dog had been put in the garden for the shooting. For sure the daughter could have/should have cleared the clutter away at least. My only other comment would be the stairs which would drive me mad and like the freezer have obviously been like that for some time or had the carpet removed for the cameras because it was threadbare.

Its the Tescos cut that really made me laugh though. Only their labels showing :D:D:D

Poor Mary. How cruel people are.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 311
    Forum Member
    Most houseproud women are frigid and hate sex! There's more to life than cleaning your house. Cooking good nourishing food and laughing with your family and friends is far more important.
  • Options
    minnie1957minnie1957 Posts: 412
    Forum Member
    ardwark wrote: »

What did she say? I must have missed that bit:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Artangel wrote: »
    Most houseproud women are frigid and hate sex! There's more to life than cleaning your house. Cooking good nourishing food and laughing with your family and friends is far more important.

These are the ones who make guests change into slippers when they enter the house and who would have a major falling out with you if you accidentally spilt something on their precious carpet :rolleyes: