Options

People you thought were dead but aren't

Comments

• Options
    moonlilymoonlily Posts: 7,907
    Forum Member
    kaybee15 wrote: »
    Without doubt one of THE best conspiracy theories ever, and helped in no small amount by the fact that McCartneys entire head does in fact appear to have completely changed shape...;-)

http://plasticmacca.blogspot.co.uk/2009/09/some-video-photo-comps-of-paul-faul.html
    I do actually believe the Paul one- one of the reasons I believe it is that I loved ( in a fan way) Paul until I was about 8 or 9 and then suddenly went right off him, this would have been around the time, I always wondered why my feelings changed as they did.

I know people scoff at it, but I'll believe it until it's disproved, rather than disbelieve until it's proved.
  • Options
    Cornish_PiskieCornish_Piskie Posts: 7,489
    Forum Member
    Even the Queen has been a victim of a couple of premature obituaries the last few years.

Being a Head of State must be terribly confusing. The Queen had an obituary written on the assumption that she was dead, but she wasn't, whereas in the Soviet Union, Leonid Brezhnev really was dead, but the Soviet people were told he was still alive.

It aint easy at the top, is it..?
  • Options
    farmer bobfarmer bob Posts: 27,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doris Day
  • Options
    Lucy Van PeltLucy Van Pelt Posts: 11,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chris Farlowe

ended up opening a shop selling Nazi memorabilia :(
  • Options
    wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul and Faul is compelling though. I would certainly take more than a second glance at that one.

Hattie Hayridge, aka Holly from Red Dwarf. Read an article on the net years ago she had died and given her body to the Humanist Society for medicine but then to my surprise found out years later she was very much alive. She claimed people had got her mixed up with someone else but the article I read definitely said her name, mentioned Red Dwarf, everything. Really weird. I can't find it now so obviously it's been removed.

I began to think I had imagined it but have seen other people say something similar.
  • Options
    butterworthbutterworth Posts: 17,878
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wilehelmas wrote: »
    Hattie Hayridge, aka Holly from Red Dwarf. Read an article on the net years ago she had died and given her body to the Humanist Society for medicine but then to my surprise found out years later she was very much alive.....

Probably Linda Smith she was being mixed up with - http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/profiles/linda-smith-god-the-biggest-joke-of-all-468233.html
  • Options
    Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    George A Cooper who played the caretaker Mr Griffiths in Grange Hill, he seemed really old then lol.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_A._Cooper

I remember him, and yeah he did seem old all those years ago! I guess he would have been in his late 50s or early 60s back then.
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 116,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sure to be someone lined up for the forthcoming Celebrity Big Brother who's been missing presumed dead on UK TV.
  • Options
    butterworthbutterworth Posts: 17,878
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Miss XYZ wrote: »
    I remember him, and yeah he did seem old all those years ago! I guess he would have been in his late 50s or early 60s back then.

People looked older in 'the old days'. John Thaw was only 42 in 'Home to Roost' and 45 in 'Inspector Morse' at the beginning...
  • Options
    Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd have said christopher lee had of died about 15 years ago. Before the star star wars prequels came out.

I know he's dead now. But I'm not sure what he did between man with the golden gun, and attack of the clones....
  • Options
    paulsh1paulsh1 Posts: 2,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    johnny_t wrote: »
    People looked older in 'the old days'. John Thaw was only 42 in 'Home to Roost' and 45 in 'Inspector Morse' at the beginning...

Wow.So he was only in his early 30s in The Sweeney?

He could easily have passed for late 50s in that
  • Options
    DangermooseDangermoose Posts: 68,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember reading in the ... ahem ... National Enquirer that Larry Hagman had died. Was about a year later he popped up on the re-invented Dallas. Amazing what they can do these days. Amazing.
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CLL Dodge wrote: »
    Sure to be someone lined up for the forthcoming Celebrity Big Brother who's been missing presumed dead on UK TV.

Well, if they are heading towards CBB, their career would certainly be dead, or at least terminal :D
  • Options
    paulsh1paulsh1 Posts: 2,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember reading in the ... ahem ... National Enquirer that Larry Hagman had died. Was about a year later he popped up on the re-invented Dallas. Amazing what they can do these days. Amazing.

That reminds me of that answer on Pointless a while back.

Q. Who was assassinated by Lee Harvey Oswald in Dallas?

A. J.R.?

:D
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd have said christopher lee had of died about 15 years ago. Before the star star wars prequels came out.

I know he's dead now. But I'm not sure what he did between man with the golden gun, and attack of the clones....

He was always working especially abroad (he spoke many languages fluently).

The man was simply incredible - what a life he had.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Lee
  • Options
    DangermooseDangermoose Posts: 68,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    paulsh1 wrote: »
    That reminds me of that answer on Pointless a while back.

Q. Who was assassinated by Lee Harvey Oswald in Dallas?

A. J.R.?

:D

Oh god :D:D:D
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This one is odd because I was convinced I'd read about it! I was watching a programme earlier which featured clips of the show Popstars, with judge "Nasty" Nigel Lithgoe. I thought to myself "Didn't he die a few years ago?" but after googling...no, he didn't. Is there anyone I might have confused him with?
  • Options
    SpotSpot Posts: 25,130
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The original Dallas, now available to Freeview viewers on CBS Drama, prompted me to search for George Kennedy who played Carter McKay, and not only is he still alive at 90 but appeared in a movie made only last year.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Brian1709 wrote: »
    I read my first John le Carre novel recently. I thought he must have died years ago as he is mainly associated with the Cold War. I was very surprised to find he is still alive and still writing novels.

Hugh Laurie was talking about meeting him on Norton. I thought he'd died in the 70s or something for the same reason as you.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I convinced myself charlie sheen was dead today.....
  • Options
    Andrew1954Andrew1954 Posts: 5,448
    Forum Member
    Dudley Sutton - played Tinker in Lovejoy, amongst many other parts. I thought he'd gone to join the other celestial thespians, but apparently still around I read recently.
  • Options
    DSCarterDSCarter Posts: 1,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bernie Clifton....and his ostrich.

But he turned up on The Voice the other week.

Must be confusing him with Rod Hull.....another bird puppet botherer.
  • Options
    ScottishWoodyScottishWoody Posts: 23,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When Nelson Mandela died (last year?) I thought he had been dead for years.
  • Options
    NightFox_DancerNightFox_Dancer Posts: 14,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When Nelson Mandela died (last year?) I thought he had been dead for years.

He died just over 2 years ago!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wilehelmas wrote: »
    Paul and Faul is compelling though. I would certainly take more than a second glance at that one.

Hattie Hayridge, aka Holly from Red Dwarf. Read an article on the net years ago she had died and given her body to the Humanist Society for medicine but then to my surprise found out years later she was very much alive. She claimed people had got her mixed up with someone else but the article I read definitely said her name, mentioned Red Dwarf, everything. Really weird. I can't find it now so obviously it's been removed.

I began to think I had imagined it but have seen other people say something similar.

I walked past her at a comic book fair about three months ago..... So. Not dead.....