Options

Bnp

12346»

Comments

• Options
    Jenny_SawyerJenny_Sawyer Posts: 12,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But you don't need to collect any evidence, the Croydon Advertiser has done all of that for you and their evidence has shown that your perception has no foundation in truth. If you can point to any evidence that "Croydon's social housing stock is being snapped up by non-natives," then do so.

That is simply not true. There is no God given right that everyone must be able to own their own home. Millions of people rent their whole lives without being in crisis of not having anywhere to live.

If you can't afford to buy & you can't get a council place then you have to privately rent & thus are subject to your landlord kicking you out if they feel like it, not doing much-needed repairs & charging you an extortionate rent - all rather galling when new-comers get the fair rents & security of tenure & good standard of housing that comes with social housing.

Since when was the Croydon Advertiser gospel anyway? I bet if someone quoted the Daily Mail then you'd be jumping all over them moaning that "you can't believe anything you read in the Daily Mail". I see things with my own eyes & I've got nothing to gain by lying.
  • Options
    Nessun DormaNessun Dorma Posts: 12,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you can't afford to buy & you can't get a council place then you have to privately rent & thus are subject to your landlord kicking you out if they feel like it, not doing much-needed repairs & charging you an extortionate rent - all rather galling when new-comers get the fair rents & security of tenure & good standard of housing that comes with social housing.

But they don't, do they; that has already been proved.
    Since when was the Croydon Advertiser gospel anyway? I bet if someone quoted the Daily Mail then you'd be jumping all over them moaning that "you can't believe anything you read in the Daily Mail". I see things with my own eyes & I've got nothing to gain by lying.

The Daily Heil is known for telling lies, especially when it comes to this particular subject. Do you have some examples where the Croydon Advertiser has been less than honest?

The Croydon Advertiser is using data from the local council. I am sure that if you want to verify that data you only have to ask the council.

I don't suppose you have any data of your own (other than, "well I saw it happen), to show us, that might at least show something that may make us think your opinion is based in fact?
  • Options
    mickmarsmickmars Posts: 7,438
    Forum Member
    So, because someone left the cookie jar unlocked, it is not the fault of the little boy for stealing the biscuits?

This really is a nonsense analogy. If my Grandmother needed a home from me, it wouldn't be the council I'd be calling, it would a priest.

Yes take everything literally,as people with your thought process always do.
    Shall we try again,but with an older member of your family that may be still living.. Go on,i dare you..
    And You still haven't rationally tackled any of my points in post #105
    because you really can't..they are not racist,they are 100% common sense,and you hate it
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,186
    Forum Member
    The conclusion appears to be - "immigrants taking our council houses should not".

(why council houses? :confused: - but that's digressing).

Our refers to the taxpayer I assume - not the council tenants, surely?
  • Options
    jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,601
    Forum Member
    So if you had been in a queue at a supermarket for half an hour & I pushed in infront of you with a trolley piled sky-high with stuff, you'd be alright with that?

Only if you were in greater need to get served than I was, which would be an unlikely scenario!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mickmars wrote: »
    I love your superb analogy. Well done Jenny.
    It's very hard to argue with and to the point.
    no trendy metropolitan liberal crap needed,just good old fashioned common sense.

I take it you're not being serious - that was a dreadful analogy!
  • Options
    GreatGodPanGreatGodPan Posts: 53,186
    Forum Member
    Employers wouldn't have anything to take advantage of if Britain had sensible,sustainable immigration policies.and I include the madness that is the European union in that..But you refuse to recognise that because you cannot argue with it.
    Just the same as you are still calling me a racist,becasue you simply cannot put up any reasonable and sensible argument against my points.

Imagine you had a spare empty home,that you owned,now - your Gran wanted it,and a stranger wanted it - I think Granny would get the home,don't you?
    As it was your Gran,I wouldn't even expect you to choose the stranger,and I wouldn't expect the stranger to be suprised at your choice
    Now apply that process nationally....
    Not so hard is it,this common sense business ..

Don't you realise we live in a Capitalist state? It is Capital that calls the shots concerning the levels of immigration that we have, and the requirement for a continual cheap labour pool.

The employers are not "taking advantage" of immigration policies - they engineered them in the first place!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But they don't, do they; that has already been proved.

The Daily Heil is known for telling lies, especially when it comes to this particular subject. Do you have some examples where the Croydon Advertiser has been less than honest?

The Croydon Advertiser is using data from the local council. I am sure that if you want to verify that data you only have to ask the council.

I don't suppose you have any data of your own (other than, "well I saw it happen), to show us, that might at least show something that may make us think your opinion is based in fact?

Anecdotal evidence is the best kind, but not suited to transferring over on to the internet, well actually it is with normal people - but not belligerent types like you who believe only what you want to believe.

I have personal experience of the Croydon Advertiser manipulating facts to suit their own agenda, but I'm not prepared to expand on that in order to protect my privacy.

I submitted a freedom of information request to Croydon Council asking what % of their tenants were born abroad, they told me that they could not answer my question because they do not keep records of where people were born or even ask tenants where they were born.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Anecdotal evidence is the best kind, but not suited to transferring over on to the internet, well actually it is with normal people - but not belligerent types like you who believe only what you want to believe.
    Anecdotal evidence is not the best kind, for obvious reasons. It is a bit unfair to label people as "belligerent", just because they have perfectly reasonable doubts about what you are claiming.
    I submitted a freedom of information request to Croydon Council asking what % of their tenants were born abroad, they told me that they could not answer my question because they do not keep records of where people were born or even ask tenants where they were born.
    Looks like we'll never know the actual facts then!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Actually anecdotal evidence is very far from being the best evidence, as it not even evidence. The best evidence is the evidence that can be corroborated.
    I have personal experience of the Croydon Advertiser manipulating facts to suit their own agenda, but I'm not prepared to expand on that in order to protect my privacy.

Yes....of course you have.

Well, the Advertiser seems to have got the information. Perhaps you should ask them how they got it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Actually anecdotal evidence is very far from being the best evidence, as it not even evidence. The best evidence is the evidence that can be corroborated.

Yes....of course you have.

Well, the Advertiser seems to have got the information. Perhaps you should ask them how they got it.

Here's the thing about me: I never lie, ever.

Here's the thing about you: any time anyone says something that you don't like or don't agree with - you accuse them of lying, some may say if the cap fits......

So I shall stop wasting my time on you & go & find the thread about a TV series I've been watching.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Don't you realise we live in a Capitalist state? It is Capital that calls the shots concerning the levels of immigration that we have, and the requirement for a continual cheap labour pool.

The employers are not "taking advantage" of immigration policies - they engineered them in the first place!

I guess the employers are forcing people to emigrate to Britain then,kidnapping them lol
    You are hilarious,you know damn well there are far too many immigrants in modern day Britain,but you want to absolve those immigrants of any blame or responsibility for it.
    Tell me,how did so many people gain entry under the Labour Party in recent times,they are supposed to be the peoples party,aren't they?
    Could it be that the Labour party are not what they said they were :-)
  • Options
    GreatGodPanGreatGodPan Posts: 53,186
    Forum Member
    [1]I guess the employers are forcing people to emigrate to Britain then,kidnapping them lol
    You are hilarious,you know damn well there are far too many immigrants in modern day Britain,[2]but you want to absolve those immigrants of any blame or responsibility for it.
    [3]Tell me,how did so many people gain entry under the Labour Party in recent times,they are supposed to be the peoples party,aren't they?
    Could it be that the Labour party are not what they said they were :-)

1. What do you think the EU and the free movement of labour is all about? It is to satisfy the need for the cheap labour I spoke of!

2. Blame? Do you "blame" British workers going to work and live in France, for example? Do you "blame" a worker from a country with a low standard of living for coming to work in a country with a higher one? How odd.

3. The Labour Party are servants of the Capitalist Establishment, as the Tories are.

If the Big Bosses demand cheap labour, Labour will do what they're told.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here's the thing about me: I never lie, ever.

Here's the thing about you: any time anyone says something that you don't like or don't agree with - you accuse them of lying, some may say if the cap fits......

So I shall stop wasting my time on you & go & find the thread about a TV series I've been watching.

But the facts are there, it is not a matter of opinion, or something that can be lied about, the facts are plains and simple.

I haven't accused you of lying, merely of you ignoring facts, to fit your perceptions of something that simply isn't true.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    1. What do you think the EU and the free movement of labour is all about? It is to satisfy the need for the cheap labour I spoke of!

2. Blame? Do you "blame" British workers going to work and live in France, for example? Do you "blame" a worker from a country with a low standard of living for coming to work in a country with a higher one? How odd.

3. The Labour Party are servants of the Capitalist Establishment, as the Tories are.

If the Big Bosses demand cheap labour, Labour will do what they're told.

If other countries are happy to accept British workers,without them having to qualify,that's up to them. I wouldn't dream of interfering in another nations rules.
    The problem with a worker from a country with a low standard of living coming to work in a country with a higher one is that they often bring that "low standard of living" with them.
    Thus lowering the standard of living for the host nationals.
    As for the Labour party,I agree with you,they are capitalists.But to my way of thinking they are even worse the Tories,who don't really pretend not to be.
    Better the devil you know,and all that.
  • Options
    NosediveNosedive Posts: 6,602
    Forum Member
    So if you had been in a queue at a supermarket for half an hour & I pushed in infront of you with a trolley piled sky-high with stuff, you'd be alright with that?

Specially when it's a basket only check out.