Options

John paul Mcqueen back in Hollyoaks (Merged)

Comments

• Options
    LennieLennie Posts: 25,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I knew this would happen as soon as Bryan Kirkwood was announced to be returning.

James is also dating Jessica Fox IRL i believe.

Geez, when did that happen lol

JP and Doug anyone??? LOL
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 248
    Forum Member
    I'm confused now cause James has tweeted Emmett saying his tweet sent the journos crazy, but is it true? x

EDIT don't worry he's confirmed it now!
  • Options
    Sifter22Sifter22 Posts: 12,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    Hmm..... My inner conspiracy theorist thinks that Brendan's time may very soon be up if they are bringing back the only other gay character who is loved as much, if not more than BB.

Is McDean over?

Why does it matter if they're gay or not?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 420
    Forum Member
    Lennie wrote: »
    Geez, when did that happen lol

JP and Doug anyone??? LOL

They've been dating a while. It's pretty obvious if you follow them both on Twitter.

JP and Doug is my guess at the moment. But he could also be for Ste, which be ironic because they hated each other a few years ago when Ste was still Chavvy Straight Ste.
  • Options
    hayleyghayleyg Posts: 15,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lucyloves wrote: »
    :eek: YES! Ooh this is going to be so good! But no Craig? Maybe he'll get involved with Stendan or love interest for Doug?

I hope not but great to have John Paul back
  • Options
    NeomysterioNeomysterio Posts: 13,453
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yey i'm so happy! :D
  • Options
    dublintvfandublintvfan Posts: 5,077
    Forum Member
    James Sutton must be struggling for work...

well being on a show viewed by nearly a million viewers per day isnt exactly a bad job,,,,
  • Options
    priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ooh very exciting. John Paul was a great character I wonder if Craig going to return.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have mixed feelings.
    John Paul is my favourite Hollyoaks character ever. I adored him and Craig together and thought James played the role brilliantly.
    However, as soon as Craig left, they had no idea what to do with him and we got that awful 'affair with a priest' storyline, which I actually thought regressed his character somewhat.
    I remember James saying he'd love storyline's that didn't just revolve around his sexuality but Hollyoaks never gave him anything but!
    I'm worried that he'll return, pair with someone like Doug and that'll be his big storyline then. Imagine all the crying if JP and Doug got together? :o:eek:

It also seems a shame to ruin one of the only happy endings we've had in soap. I just hope they have a decent storyline in store for him since they're willing to compromise thier own 'sunset ending'. I have a horrible feeling he'll return for a bit, realise he made a mistake and then just leave again with both JP ruined as a character and the 'Sunset Ending' in tatters. :(
  • Options
    SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,993
    Forum Member
    Will be great to have JP back, always liked him, never liked Craig so hoping he won't be the next returnee. I hope Clare doesn't come back either.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is only acceptable if Guy is still with him or JPC are still together. Otherwise please no.
  • Options
    cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member
    I'm worried that he'll return, pair with someone like Doug and that'll be his big storyline then. Imagine all the crying if JP and Doug got together? :o:eek:

It also seems a shame to ruin one of the only happy endings we've had in soap. I just hope they have a decent storyline in store for him since they're willing to compromise thier own 'sunset ending'. I have a horrible feeling he'll return for a bit, realise he made a mistake and then just leave again with both JP ruined as a character and the 'Sunset Ending' in tatters. :(

Oh LOL. Horrific. :p;)

Returns never usually last long do they? It seems a shame to me. It completely feels like going backwards. I'm starting to wonder whether BK being back is a good thing after all, tbh. The show needs to go forwards, not back.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh LOL. Horrific. :p;)

Returns never usually last long do they? It seems a shame to me. It completely feels like going backwards. I'm starting to wonder whether BK being back is a good thing after all, tbh. The show needs to go forwards, not back.

I agree.
    Sorry but after the priest disaster, I have no faith in the writers to develop his character properly. To me, it was so out of character for JP to ever hook up with a priest but they did it anyway and didn't care what a ridiculous storyline it was. He became a good character sacrificed for sensationalist storyline's and I was so relieved that Craig and John Paul left together before more damage could be done.

Even if he isn't their long, it's still going to crap all over the 'Sunset ending' which some fans wanted and campaigned for for ages. That seems a shame to me since not many soap couples leave happily together these days. I hope Hollyoaks have a good reason for doing this. JP/Doug is not a good reason. It is the WORST reason ever. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Even if he isn't their long, it's still going to crap all over the 'Sunset ending' which some fans wanted and campaigned for for ages. That seems a shame to me since not many soap couples leave happily together these days. I hope Hollyoaks have a good reason for doing this. JP/Doug is not a good reason. It is the WORST reason ever. :p

Not the greatest start for BK, is it? Take your most loyal set of fans. Piss all over them. :rolleyes:

Got to say, JP with any of the current gay cast sounds awful to me. The chemistry he had with Craig was a bit of a special thing. I was actually hoping they'd write Doug out after him and Ste split - I can't stand him any more.

But oh well. BK will be judged, as always, by what he puts on the screen. Can't say I'm wildly enthused so far, and I used to be a massive BK fan. Hope he proves me wrong.
  • Options
    AnthonyLAnthonyL Posts: 432
    Forum Member
    I don't see what's wrong with bringing back one of the show's most popular characters in it's history. In fact, it seems foolish not to. I also don't see what's wrong with JP and Craig not working out and breaking up. Couples break up and JP and Craig were shaky even as they left together.

As for who he'll be paired with, I can't see him with either Ste or Doug, but I have a feeling the show will probably go there, most likely Doug. At least until Ste decides he wants Doug back after Brendan/Emmett leaves. I'd prefer a new love interest for JP myself.
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 51,038
    Forum Member
    Yay! :) I always liked John Paul
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AnthonyL wrote: »
    I don't see what's wrong with bringing back one of the show's most popular characters in it's history. In fact, it seems foolish not to. I also don't see what's wrong with JP and Craig not working out and breaking up. Couples break up and JP and Craig were shaky even as they left together.

As for who he'll be paired with, I can't see him with either Ste or Doug, but I have a feeling the show will probably go there, most likely Doug. At least until Ste decides he wants Doug back after Brendan/Emmett leaves. I'd prefer a new love interest for JP myself.

That's exactly it. Couples in soap don't usually last very long, normally ending in death or affairs. I like the fact that John Paul and Craig changed that trend. They went through loads of crap but left together and that was nice for them and for the fans. By bringing JP back I feel like they are taking a risk with one of the shows most popular couples ever and I don't see why that's necessary.
    I understand BK wanting to bring back a popular character but a lot of JP's popularity was actually down to the Mcdean storyline and his chemistry with Guy.
    When Craig left and they took that partnership away, JP became a bit 'lost' as a character in my opinion.

Also, The Mcqueens have had weddings funerals and countless tragedies whilst JP has been away and yet they never brought him back for a visit, even once. I would have preferred that to bringing him back permanently.

I say this as a huge James fan by the way. I love him. I just hope he is making the right decision here. I worry that if his return doesn't work, JP's character and the happy ending for JP & Craig would have been needlessly destroyed.
  • Options
    vkmaxvkmax Posts: 3,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I knew it! I was watching yesterday and thinking that it seems like they're prepping an exit for Theresa leaving the show with just 4 McQueens - "I bet JP comes back"

Shame it wasn't a couple of months earlier to have the whole gang together. Be interesting to see his dynamic with Bart and Theresa. Bet he gets into something with Doug thus freeing Ste for Brendan.
  • Options
    FrancyFrancy Posts: 10,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Terrible news.

I liked JP, but as a huge McDean fan I never wanted to see either him or Craig back, I didn't want their happy ending ruined.

I have always feared this in the back of my mind, and I'm really disappointed right now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't feel like the mcqueens have ever really been the same since tina died and JP left! Yeah they brought in cousins and stuff, but it was never really the same. Also has Micheala already left or will they actually show her character leaving, cause I know the actress has quit Hollyoaks! so with her going and merce in jail and jacqui mostly with rhys and phoebe i think its right to bring back JP bring back the mcqueen family spirit a bit!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    IssieA wrote: »
    I don't feel like the mcqueens have ever really been the same since tina died and JP left! Yeah they brought in cousins and stuff, but it was never really the same. Also has Micheala already left or will they actually show her character leaving, cause I know the actress has quit Hollyoaks! so with her going and merce in jail and jacqui mostly with rhys and phoebe i think its right to bring back JP bring back the mcqueen family spirit a bit!

Michaela has already left. She went off with Josh to be a band promoter or some such. About 6 weeks ago I think.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Michaela has already left. She went off with Josh to be a band promoter or some such. About 6 weeks ago I think.

Oh blimey! Completely missed that! I'm not surprised she left though, there wasn't much more they could do with her character!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    IssieA wrote: »
    Oh blimey! Completely missed that! I'm not surprised she left though, there wasn't much more they could do with her character!

It was a bit "blink and you'll miss it." Not long after Amy went I think. Her return was terrible - they barely used her until the very end. Such a shame.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It was a bit "blink and you'll miss it." Not long after Amy went I think. Her return was terrible - they barely used her until the very end. Such a shame.

Yeah I'm surprised she returned to be honest, cause surely she'd only have returned had there been a storyline in place for her? :/
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its been years DS...

I love JP, I love James Sutton. I will be devestated if they slit up McDean. Best Hollyoaks storyline ever.

Bryan Kirkwod, please don't ruin your finest work!