Options

Sitcoms/episodes set entirely in one location

Comments

• Options
    latinlouloulatinloulou Posts: 3,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't Only Fools & Horses have one episode set in a supermarket called I think, The longest night? they were held captive during a robbery set up by the manager/security guard.
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Flannerz wrote: »
    Some of the early Red Dwarfs they don't leave the ship

There was one epsisode of Season 3 which apart from a couple of minutes at the begining and end only featured Lister and Rimmer while they are marooned on an ice planet

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marooned_(Red_Dwarf)
  • Options
    AngiBearAngiBear Posts: 2,958
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Young Ones. The only time they left the house was to go to the pub so that the band could play and once to go on University Challenge.
  • Options
    FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    Didn't Only Fools & Horses have one episode set in a supermarket called I think, The longest night? they were held captive during a robbery set up by the manager/security guard.

Who bore an uncanny resemblance to Jim Branning from Eastenters ;).
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    AngiBear wrote: »
    The Young Ones. The only time they actually did leave the house was to go to the pub so that the band could play and once to go on University Challenge.

How about "Bambi" and "Summer Holiday"???

I'd say at least half of those two episodes take place in locations other than their house.
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    I'm sure there were many episodes of Sykes what never left the living room.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 54
    Forum Member
    woot_whoo wrote: »
    That's true (and a great quote!) - but didn't that episode have 'flashbacks' which took us out of Nervosa? I could be mixing it up with another episode...

Many early Royle Family episodes never left the Royle's living room.

I think you may be mixing it up. This was the episode were Niles ask Frasier if he's happy and everytime he goes to answer they're interrupted by someone or something and get sidetracked.
  • Options
    woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IanPH wrote: »
    I think you may be mixing it up. This was the episode were Niles ask Frasier if he's happy and everytime he goes to answer they're interrupted by someone or something and get sidetracked.

Thanks - I may have that one on DVD, in which case I'll check it out. I'm sure I have the first two seasons on DVD: the ones in which Frasier still has his longer, Cheers hair!
  • Options
    jrmswfcjrmswfc Posts: 5,644
    Forum Member
    Verence wrote: »

I'd say at least half of those two episodes take place in locations other than their house.

And a cemetery.

- Do you dig graves?
    - Yeah they're alright
  • Options
    lovedayloveday Posts: 131
    Forum Member
    Elanor wrote: »
    What about Marion and Geoff - set entirely in the car?

I bought Marion and Geoff on DVD a few months ago on a recommendation from a soundbite from a guy on TV but not got round to watching it yet.
    Is it really any good as I'm sure the guy said it was rob brydon's best work?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Verence wrote: »

Also when they go to the police station to find Neil a job in Cash
  • Options
    Mr TeacakeMr Teacake Posts: 6,593
    Forum Member
    Vicar of Dibley?
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only When I Laugh (sitcom based in a Hospital) rarely left the ward and a lot of eps just had the 3 men in bed talking they may have gone to the table sometimes

We'd occasionally see them in other parts of the hospital though, such as the corridors, Dr.Thorpe's office, the TV room and the operating theatre, but the vast bulk indeed was set in the ward.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nearly all of Mrs Brown's Boys is set in Mrs.Brown's living room and kitchen. The only other place shown is the pub.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Eurostar wrote: »
    We'd occasionally see them in other parts of the hospital though, such as the corridors, Dr.Thorpe's office, the TV room and the operating theatre, but the vast bulk indeed was set in the ward.

Oh yeah true enough in two episodes they even left the hospital

But there were some what never left the ward at all and I think one or two where they never even left their beds
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh yeah true enough in two episodes they even left the hospital

But there were some what never left the ward at all and I think one or two where they never even left their beds

The funny thing is though they spent about three or four years in the same ward and beds :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Eurostar wrote: »
    The funny thing is though they spent about three or four years in the same ward and beds :D

I know and two of then had nothing wrong with them and the other only went in for his appendix taking out and he had that done in the first 2-3 episodes.

Like Duty Free they went on a Holiday what lasted about 4 years
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know and two of then had nothing wrong with them and the other only went in for his appendix taking out and he had that done in the first 2-3 episodes.

Like Duty Free they went on a Holiday what lasted about 4 years

A major part of the storyline of course was that Figgis was a malingerer and Glover a hypochondriac which partly explains how they spent so long in hospital with seemingly nothing wrong with them :)
  • Options
    woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mr Teacake wrote: »
    Vicar of Dibley?

The Vicar of Dibley, if I recall, had quite a few locations - from Geraldine's house to the village hall to Hugo and David's house to the countryside outside.
  • Options
    AngusMastAngusMast Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member
  • Options
    ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    steveh31 wrote: »
    Rising Damp
    warszawa wrote: »
    Mainly, but i remember Rigsby taking Miss Jones to a restaurant once.

There was also the episode where Rigsby and Miss Jones answered each others anonomous loney hearts ads and went on a blind date to the pub - getting involved with a wedding party.

I've not seen all episodes, but Grandmas house seems to be entirely at the said house - though in different rooms, garden and attic.
  • Options
    ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    loveday wrote: »
    I bought Marion and Geoff on DVD a few months ago on a recommendation from a soundbite from a guy on TV but not got round to watching it yet.
    Is it really any good as I'm sure the guy said it was rob brydon's best work?

It is. Quite moving really as Rob's character has been shat on from a great height by all those around him, but he never sees the bad in them.
  • Options
    marclamarcla Posts: 1,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Man about the House (2 flats in the house and sometimes the pub),
    Duty free never left the hotel.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    marcla wrote: »
    Duty free never left the hotel.

It did occasionally but not very often
  • Options
    gasheadgashead Posts: 13,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hancock/ Hancock's Half Hour rarely ventured outside his bedsit. One occasion when it did gave us the classic 'The Blood Donor', set entirely in a doctor's waiting room.