Comments

• Options
    CaseyKleinCaseyKlein Posts: 3,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lainey23 wrote: »
    For the confused amongst us:
    Ricky is Lisa's uncle.
    She was killed at Lee & Claire's house as her and Pippa went there due to Lisa's stalker.
    Lisa was buried in a recently dug grave.
    Lee was burning the floorboards.
    Joe was guilty, although he was acquitted.

But what really confuses me is what makes Mr Chibnall think that passes as top quality drama? Why was Miller (moved to another county) and Hardy (on sick leave) allowed to do the interviews?

and they have the tape where she said he had sex with her and was keeping her prisoner, to be used in the trial
  • Options
    AmethyztAmethyzt Posts: 4,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ella71110 wrote: »
    There's always someone moaning what ever the outcome :)

I enjoyed it,yes granted it wasn't as good as the first series but I was again on the edge of my seat tonight -David Tennant and Olivia Coleman played a blinder 👍

They absolutely did, they carried the series and particularly tonight....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    puddytat wrote: »
    Expected Pauline Quirke to reappear for some reason, and I still think the vicar was implicated somehow, but heigh ho, I must have been wrong. RIP Danny Latimer 😟

Why do so many people think the vicar is dodgey? This series he is having an affair as well as visiting Joe in prison- that's why he is so uncomfortable. Don't see him as involved in Danny's death at all.
  • Options
    FlowesFlowes Posts: 6,987
    Forum Member
    No point in finding him not guilty. May as well have been guilty given the weak defence and for what it was worth story wise.
  • Options
    Ella71110Ella71110 Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amethyzt wrote: »
    BIB - yep me too ...... did we miss it ?

It probably was that they didn't kill Joe,or wondering where Hardy goes in the cab,I'm looking forward to seeing what the third series brings with it,hope David T and Olivia Coleman are onboard but hasn't she just announced she's pregnant ?
    Not sure when it will be on then ,
  • Options
    Dan-BevisDan-Bevis Posts: 12,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Split opinion on the finale in my household:

My mum thinks Joe's son killed Danny, whereas I haven't been convinced otherwise of Joe's guilt.

So glad to see Mad Claire get put away [even if she didn't actually kill any of the girls directly] after all the grinning and laughing she did. Karma. Bitch. ^_^
  • Options
    Yoshi FanYoshi Fan Posts: 13,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OK, series 3 confirmed...go back to series 1 format then. Hardy and Miller teaming up and investigating a big mystery, while uncovering loads of other mysteries at the same time. If that means being set in Broadchurch with a new cast, so be it. If that means being set in a new town, so be it. Just for god's sake don't make it Who Killed Joe Miller?

Series 2 has been a mess. Combining the trial (unneccessary and farcical) and Sandbrook (didn't really care) just didn't work.
  • Options
    Ella71110Ella71110 Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why do so many people think the vicar is dodgey? This series he is having an affair as well as visiting Joe in prison- that's why he is so uncomfortable. Don't see him as involved in Danny's death at all.

I think Arthur Darvill acts like he's slighty suspicious if uou know what I mean :D
    I just keep having to tell myself he's not Rory as he acted the same when he was him-bless him,
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I've never thought him dodgy until the end of tonight's episode when he seemed more glad than anyone else to be seeing the back of him. I thought we'd see him whisper in his ear "thanks for taking the rap" or something of that ilk! :D
  • Options
    andybrizandybriz Posts: 151
    Forum Member
    andybriz wrote: »

So I guess something happens along the lines of ... the parents leave for the wedding in the morning. Lisa heads next door to try and seduce Lee whilst Claire is out on a hair appointment - Claire possibly invites Pippa along with her to the appointment. They return home and catch them in the act, Claire kills Lisa in a jealous rage, Pippa runs away into the woods where she trips and falls into the lake and dies. Claire goes after her but leaves when she sees what happened. Claire comes up with a plan where Lee will take Lisas body somewhere to dispose of via a ferry port where he will make a call on her phone to make it look like she has run away. Pendant falls off in his car which is later found by police. Claire cleans house. Later steals pendant back as it has her prints on, as it used to be hers and doesn't want to be implicated.

Close ish...! (I edited out the spoiler tags I had on the above)
    There has been a bit of talk of Ricky supplying Rohypnol which hasn't really gone anywhere. Maybe Lisa found some in the house whilst babysitting and tried to knock Pippa out so she could go over and try and seduce Lee whilst Claire was out, but she gave her too much and it killed her. Not sure if this is even possible though!

Also close ish!
    What would Lee be burning, if it wasn't a body - which I think would be too obvious. Some sort of evidence that could implicate him or Claire.. But what? It might not even relate to the disappearance of the girls at all.

Why were we told Lee was laying new flooring down in their house on the day the girls went missing.. This has to be significant, or why bother writing this in. Ricky is a builder and is involved with laying foundations. There has to be a connection somehow.

I'm pretty happy. I really enjoyed it and was on the right sort of lines so I'm happily satisfied!
  • Options
    Jenny_SawyerJenny_Sawyer Posts: 12,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Am I right in thinking that Lee killed Pippa as revenge for Gillespie killing Lisa? Oh & was Gillespie Lisa's biological uncle or an uncle by marriage?
  • Options
    feckitfeckit Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Arthur Darvill acts like he's slighty suspicious if uou know what I mean :D
    I just keep having to tell myself he's not Rory as he acted the same when he was him-bless him,

And here's me thinking it was Gary Monk the Swansea manager playing the Vicar. :D

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BvKWTCxCIAAhgkH.png
  • Options
    TheGraduate2012TheGraduate2012 Posts: 14,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Am I right in thinking that Lee killed Pippa as revenge for Gillespie killing Lisa? Oh & was Gillespie Lisa's biological uncle or an uncle by marriage?

I think it was more because Pippa thought he was the one who killed Lisa. And Claire kind of egged him on.
  • Options
    Jenny_SawyerJenny_Sawyer Posts: 12,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did Ellie & Joe get divorced whilst he was on remand? Otherwise she will need to know where he is in order to sign divorce papers. Of course the 'double jeopardy' law no longer exists.....
  • Options
    feckitfeckit Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Claire won't do much time in prison and with a different ID she could turn up be in BC3.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 114
    Forum Member
    When Joe was being attacked in the church I almost felt sorry for him, imagine being restrained and carried like that, and not knowing where you were being taken by two furious and violent men. Then I remembered he killed Danny and cheered mark and nige on:D
  • Options
    Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I've had my fill of people dumping girls bodies in the woods for one week...
  • Options
    Minor MaggieMinor Maggie Posts: 243
    Forum Member
    I thought the burial of Lisa in a recently dug grave was a little big close to art imitating reality. Jayden Parkinson was murdered last December and her body was found buried in the grave of her murderer Ben Blakeley's uncle's grave.
  • Options
    16caerhos16caerhos Posts: 2,533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really glad they didn't kill off Joe. That would have been the easy way out. It looks as though we're getting something totally new for S3, which will most definitely be welcomed with open arms!
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sw2963 wrote: »
    I think I've had my fill of people dumping girls bodies in the woods for one week...

Speaking of which (sort of), did anyone else have even the most fleeting of thoughts that Chloe (Mark and Beth's daughter) was going to say/admit something at the end? To me, her expression seemed to imply that.
  • Options
    jake lylejake lyle Posts: 6,146
    Forum Member
    Did Ellie & Joe get divorced whilst he was on remand? Otherwise she will need to know where he is in order to sign divorce papers. Of course the 'double jeopardy' law no longer exists.....

Don't give them ideas:D
  • Options
    Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    unitedan wrote: »
    When Joe was being attacked in the church I almost felt sorry for him, imagine being restrained and carried like that, and not knowing where you were being taken by two furious and violent men. Then I remembered he killed Danny and cheered mark and nige on:D

I DID feel sorry for him; he was in church, I was appalled at a person being dragged out of sanctuary, and I was appalled at Rory, I mean the nasty vicar.

k9fan wrote: »
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by k9fan
    That was horrible. The vicar rang Mark or Nige and they stormed into the church and got Joe. A church is SANCTUARY!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by k9fan
    In fact I disliked that so much, I shall watch recordings of Monkey Life instead. They make much more sense.

AND Miller should have stayed with her son who was upset instead of going off with Hardy.

And Miller STILL seems to have forgotten that she has a young son, two in fact, at home that need her. She was not officially on the unopened Sandbrook case, she should have remembered she was a mother needed by her children.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    It probably was that they didn't kill Joe,or wondering where Hardy goes in the cab,I'm looking forward to seeing what the third series brings with it,hope David T and Olivia Coleman are onboard but hasn't she just announced she's pregnant ?
    Not sure when it will be on then ,

That's true they won't be able to film when she's pregnant she must have about 6 or 7 months to go maybe filming will be early next year?
  • Options
    AmethyztAmethyzt Posts: 4,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I thought it was because he was scared that Pippa could implicate him in Lisa's murder....she was old enough, at 12, to give decent evidence and would have said that Lee had sex with Lisa, which would have been proven at a PM ( had the police found the body right away ) ........ so it was as Ricky said, everything pointed to Lee being the murderer of Lisa, even though he wasn't....

Ricky Gillespie's brother was Lisa's father..... she used her mother's surname of Newbury as she didnt get on with her father...
  • Options
    Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked the first series but not this one and would not watch another spin-off or whatever.