Options

International Cricket Thread Autumn/Winter 2010-2011

Comments

• Options
    bad-beatbad-beat Posts: 1,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why, with half the test remaining did our top order decide to swing the bat at every ball that came their way?

Oh there's a ball coming this way *swing* oh bother...
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    mb@2day wrote: »
    It's frustrating because if we could have hung on and occupied the crease and then crawled along at a stately Boycott / Tavaresque rate of 65 runs a session we would have walked this. :(

Boycott batted according to the situation.

In any case I would have been happy for them just to bat normally
  • Options
    mb@2daymb@2day Posts: 10,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SULLA wrote: »
    Boycott batted according to the situation.

In any case I would have been happy for them just to bat normally

In his latter years, the ones I saw Boycott batted in the manner suited to him not the team. I never saw him put his foot down once, not even in the ODIs.

I 'd consider today as being pretty normal for us with the top 5 being shot out with as much resistance as 9 10 Jack. Strauss before the game mentioned fighting complacency , well did they do that ? Not so sure
  • Options
    richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 218,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look on the bright side, at least the endurance of staying up will be short

And it gives us more time to readjust back to midnight for Melbourne and Sydney
  • Options
    McLovin85McLovin85 Posts: 1,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I for will be taking the midnight starts back with open arms as this is taking it's toll now :sleep:

I just wish testmatchsofa would start a bit earlier. The waiting from 12 till 2.30 is a right mission.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    be better when we're back in east australia.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    McLovin85 wrote: »
    I for will be taking the midnight starts back with open arms as this is taking it's toll now :sleep:

I just wish testmatchsofa would start a bit earlier. The waiting from 12 till 2.30 is a right mission.

I have to admit this Perth Test has dragged on for me personally, will be glad to get it out of the way

Will be so glad to just stay up for 3 whole sessions on Boxing Day

Just a question now of when Australia will win, I am predicting just after lunch or just after tea today
  • Options
    BorefestBorefest Posts: 9,557
    Forum Member
    I dont want to listen to all the waffle on sky so can anyone tell me what time the match actually starts today thanks
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nah if were going to lose you know they will have us on the edge of our seats where we can see a glimmer of hope and all then all of a sudden, bang and were gone.

Got a feeling it's going to be one of those dragged out long days with nothing to show at the end of it but a result that says 1-1 and some very tired people.

For the poster above. Listen to testmatchsofa...its brilliant. I watch it on sky and listen on TMS

www.testmatchsofa.com
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Borefest wrote: »
    I dont want to listen to all the waffle on sky so can anyone tell me what time the match actually starts today thanks

2.30am start
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    McLovin85 wrote: »
    Nah if were going to lose you know they will have us on the edge of our seats where we can see a glimmer of hope and all then all of a sudden, bang and were gone.

Got a feeling it's going to be one of those dragged out long days with nothing to show at the end of it but a result that says 1-1 and some very tired people.

For the poster above. Listen to testmatchsofa...its brilliant. I watch it on sky and listen on TMS

www.testmatchsofa.com

England have only got themselves to blame for this one as IMO they took their foot off the gas

Hopefully Andy will have them firing again for Melbourne because remember one more win or two draws will make the urn safe for another few years

Slight blip here ok, but fair do's Perth has never been a happy ground to play on and Australia did show us some glimpses of what they can do when they are not misfielding or getting out cheaply

Hopefully this will be the only win Australia get in this Test series
  • Options
    BorefestBorefest Posts: 9,557
    Forum Member
    richie4eva wrote: »
    2.30am start

thanks
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    mb@2day wrote: »
    In his latter years, the ones I saw Boycott batted in the manner suited to him not the team. I never saw him put his foot down once, not even in the ODIs.

Sometimes his attitude suited the team and sometimes it didn't. His ODI strike rate was comparable with his contemporaries in an era where a score between 200 and 250 was the norm. He never had the benefit of power plays and as an opener his job was to get England off to a solid start.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watching Kallis hit his double century again on sky sports atm. Class act.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    602-3....now what wouldn't I do for a score like that from us today :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a replay, just in case you didn't realise.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did indeed by the way.

Hour and a half to go...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good good. Didn't want you to look stupid. :P

(stupid-er) ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Been confirmed that Ponting has a small fracture on his little finger.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Come on then, the sooner this is over with the better so we can move onto Melbourne for Boxing Day
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So how long will we last? A whole session?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bad-beat wrote: »
    So how long will we last? A whole session?

After lunch or after tea would be my bet

No way are England going to last right till stumps tomorrow unless Anderson, Bell and Prior have the innings of a lifetime
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    welp.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There we go, Anderson out as expected
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    richie4eva wrote: »
    After lunch or after tea would be my bet

No way are England going to last right till stumps tomorrow unless Anderson, Bell and Prior have the innings of a lifetime

Whatever the result, it will not last till stumps tommorrow
This discussion has been closed.