Options

Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 8)

Comments

• Options
    NaturalDancerNaturalDancer Posts: 5,152
    Forum Member
    The Asda Chosen by you range ad
    the Google Crome ad with the women who makes her own Satchels WTF who uses Satchels anymore!!

Not that I'm advocating buying a Satchel but as a crafter I go to lots of craft shows and those Satchels that you make yourself have popped up at a few. Though I didn't buy one myself the leather and the colours do look lovely so I can understand people wanting them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    steveh31 wrote: »
    As a Yorkshireman I would like to apologize for the Plusnet adverts and say they bring shame to the good name of the county. They are not even a Yorkshire company anymore they are owned by BT but base themselves in Sheffield to get around the Yorkshire theme.

I do like the guy in those adverts though :) I think he's quite funny
  • Options
    Forum Member
    'I wanna buy your house riiiiight now'. Arrrrrgh :eek: I think they stole the idea from 'We buy any car'
  • Options
    LeewichLeewich Posts: 1,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Cravendale adverts, because of the annoying way the voiceover says 'pussieeeeessss' at the end.
  • Options
    sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On a lighter note from my rant earlier I'm loving just dance with Usher in it, the president bit where he says dance off! Lol I even youtubed it earlier
  • Options
    kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just caught Scottish/British gas ad about "landord" checks but its them using "The A Team" theme ruins it for me now .... thank you very much :mad:
  • Options
    SentenzaSentenza Posts: 12,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    I quite like the meerkat ads :D

Me too always have :D
  • Options
    twsstwss Posts: 437
    Forum Member
    Money Supermarket. They also have an atrocious radio ad which encourages you to tweet about them. No idea what's in that for the customer.

Liverpool Victoria will also never get my custom while using that godawful song.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    The latest Barclays ad, with the silly bints boasting about how they can put a picture with their latest POUT on their credit card.

What a stupid concept? Barclays, the scammers who have been ripping us taxpayers out of millions, trying to look friendly to it's customers?
    Worse than Halifax' choir. Already an attempt to look friendly.
    "Want your card to look more, "You" and less "Banky?" That line just makes me cringe.

Who would want to put a picture on their card anyway?
    Oh, actually, you could put Bob Diamond's picture on, and then cut it up and flush it down the toilet :D.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    The music in the British Gas advert.
    The music in the Tesco ad
    The music in the Hellmans advert.

And so on
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Putting a photo of yourself on your card isnt good for privacy is it? Couldnt it encourage thieves?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    Sentenza wrote: »
    Me too always have :D
    And me:)
  • Options
    Danno2020Danno2020 Posts: 281
    Forum Member
    'I wanna buy your house riiiiight now'. Arrrrrgh :eek: I think they stole the idea from 'We buy any car'

Ah I just assumed they're run by the same company. Or God knows how they get past that!

Which reminds me of when the we buy any car ad first came out. I tweeted my frustration over it and got a response back from them asking why I hated it so much! They took my opinions (and likely shredded them) but hey, I like companies that interact with customers online like that!
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tinkie wrote: »
    Hi Joe and welcome to the forum, keep posting, I think between us we hate all adverts, although some less than others

I've been thinking the same thing over the past few days lol!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LV - they really need to stop with the "dum dee dee dum" in the background
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    The claimsdirect one with the comedy story song
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    The claimsdirect one with the comedy story song

Dire. Absolutely dire.
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The, presumably new, McDonalds advert. Although I presume a lot of them do and it's their choice but in an ideal world, should a nurse, of all people be eating a fast food burger at 6am in the morning?
  • Options
    littlebootieslittlebooties Posts: 2,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw the Matalan ad today, its a US infomercial mini tv show type. God help us if companies start making these on a regular basis.
  • Options
    ewarwoowooewarwoowoo Posts: 174
    Forum Member
    The Health Lottery ad, mainly the annoying woman that bought her mother a scooter and can't pronounce the T's in lottery or scooter.
  • Options
    soapfan_1973soapfan_1973 Posts: 3,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The, presumably new, McDonalds advert. Although I presume a lot of them do and it's their choice but in an ideal world, should a nurse, of all people be eating a fast food burger at 6am in the morning?
    Believe it or not a lot of US hospitals actually have McDonalds in their food court areas so that scenario is not too far fetched
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Believe it or not a lot of US hospitals actually have McDonalds in their food court areas so that scenario is not too far fetched
    I thought there were some in UK hospitals starting from a few years back when they opened the contract up to any food business.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wasn't meaning to come on here except when I logged on, who was in the the top right hand corner but the Go Compare man inanely grinning at me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now I am here for a reason, the stupid Argos advert with the silly toy thing
  • Options
    LYNN(E)LYNN(E) Posts: 1,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    I thought there were some in UK hospitals starting from a few years back when they opened the contract up to any food business.

When I visited Mayday hospital in Croydon there was a Burger King in the foyer along with a bakers & a Subway very healthy :D
    Mind you I'm guessing it was better than the hospital food
    I was in Barts for a week in August & the food defied description - good way to lose weight though
This discussion has been closed.