Options

Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 8)

Comments

• Options
    EastEnders-1105EastEnders-1105 Posts: 11,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Asda Chosen by you range ad
    the Google Crome ad with the women who makes her own Satchels WTF who uses Satchels anymore!!
  • Options
    EastEnders-1105EastEnders-1105 Posts: 11,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sandytop wrote: »
    For some reason the ASDA pie advert makes me cringe everytime I see it. Perhaps because some herbert seems to have had a camera stuck in front of him and told to talk about pies for 5 minutes.

"I love pies."
    "I grew up on pies."
    "I really like pies. Can I go now?"
    "Um, can't think of anything else to say about pies. Do I really have to carry on?"

Also the really bad haircut makes him look like a pie.

It's a close second to the sex chat channel ad using a 50 year old to encourage men to phone a premium rate sex line. Am I on the only person who fails to see the hidden attraction of rough 50 year women?

BIB
    Wouldnt the man who loves pies be really fat aswell as the saying "Who ate all the pies" when commenting on someones weight?
  • Options
    miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know if it's the worst but I've just seen an advert for hair transplants with a load of cricketers and I'm crying laughing, not at hair transplants, but at the naffness and terrible music (plus Shane Warne's eyebrows)

That is a monumentally bad advert. The cricketers in that ad have no shame!!
  • Options
    Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,442
    Forum Member
    The UPS advert featuring an extreme close up of the world's ugliest man
  • Options
    Starry EyedStarry Eyed Posts: 1,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw a Halifax advert for the first time in a while. The terrible "choir" of emotionless drones is still at it murdering I'll Be There, then. Urgh! I never thought I'd say this but bring back Howard!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Worst: Go Compare, the singer netted. Wins my raspberry, like every other Go Compare ad has.

Brad Pitt for Chanel #5 runs it close though. Oh get over yourself Brad!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    Gambling adverts whether for Bingo, scratchcards, lotteries or bookmakers all seem particularly low-brow which I suppose is is quite telling and I can't think of one that doesn't have me reaching for the remote. Same for insurance/insurance comparison sites.

But the advert currently boiling my blood is the DFS Christmas sale (It's October!) one which brings to mind two questions?

Does DFS have a time without a Sale and does anybody actually want a sofa for Christmas?

Also, as I'm new to Digital Spy, does including those mentally sub-normal woman advertising Harveys before Coronation Street count as a "worst advert"?
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,697
    Forum Member
    sarahj1986 wrote: »
    Yes I saw it earlier today :mad: I want Geoffrey back!!

Which one are they using now? :confused:
    Edit: Oh I know what you mean - the hideous "Toys R US Kid" advert with updated lyrics "From bikes to trains to VIDEO GAMES", the original is one of the best adverts of all time :cry:
    BRING BACK THE CLASSIC!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Plusnet band are winding me up now. Go away! We don't care for your rendition of LMFAO's song, it's tedious.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi Joe and welcome to the forum, keep posting, I think between us we hate all adverts, although some less than others
  • Options
    SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,980
    Forum Member
    Anyone else really irritated by that SCS woman and the way she keeps shrugging her shoulders all the way through the advert? :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone else really irritated by that SCS woman and the way she keeps shrugging her shoulders all the way through the advert? :mad:

Yes and her squeaky voice and her non acting skills
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2 adverts...

1, activia I've noticed has dropped martine and now has some random person promoting it.

2, toys r us...that dreadful Xmas advert is back AGAIN, they didn't learn from last year!

I do hope Activia dress the current promoter better than they did Martine.
  • Options
    Dai ClustDai Clust Posts: 369
    Forum Member
    Lizaj wrote: »
    I do hope Activia dress the current promoter better than they did Martine.

Anything with a meerkat in it. GROW UP!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    conceptas wrote: »
    I'd love it if somebody dug deep and revealed all these Febreze people as actors, it would disappear off the screen so fast.
    Don't claim to be intelligent by any means but (as I am getting older and grumpier) getting sick and tired of adverts on the telly that are insulting our intelligence. I'm sure a lot of these advertising companies think we have the mental age of a 12 year old .. rant over (retiring back to comfortable armchair)
    :D

I'm in your club..I can't understand why some companies are willing to pay for the cr*pola that gets churns out. And as for bingo adverts.they keep on coming and are just as immoral as ever.
  • Options
    LeewichLeewich Posts: 1,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dai Clust wrote: »
    Anything with a meerkat in it. GROW UP!

A rare post to defend the ad agencies. Nearly everyone I've ever met says that their childhood was the best period of their life, so you can't blame ad men for appealing to that side of a consumer when advertising. Being a grown up is shit and a lot of us want to go back to being a kid.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leewich wrote: »
    A rare post to defend the ad agencies. Nearly everyone I've ever met says that their childhood was the best period of their life, so you can't blame ad men for appealing to that side of a consumer when advertising. Being a grown up is shit and a lot of us want to go back to being a kid.

I personally quite like that meerkat ads, they make a great change from the nonsense adverts from the likes of Money Supermarket, Confused.com or Go Compare.
  • Options
    Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,442
    Forum Member
    The worst ads are the ones that just won't stop using the same stale gimmick

Opera singers, bank workers singing, meerkats, fake marathon runners etc....

Move on please. Get a new gimmick.
  • Options
    sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    Which one are they using now? :confused:
    Edit: Oh I know what you mean - the hideous "Toys R US Kid" advert with updated lyrics "From bikes to trains to VIDEO GAMES", the original is one of the best adverts of all time :cry:
    BRING BACK THE CLASSIC!

When I grow I wanna be a toys r us kid, kid, kid

AAARRRRGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    SentenzaSentenza Posts: 12,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I shall not be hailing any so called casserole queen who buys a ready made casserole from Asda :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I grow I wanna be a toys r us kid, kid, kid

AAARRRRGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!

OMFG I hate that jingle so much! :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She annoys me because shes, well, so god damn cheerful all the time - OVER A SOFA SALE!!! Seriously!!
  • Options
    sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    maurice45 wrote: »
    OMFG I hate that jingle so much! :mad:

You'd have thought they'd learnt from last year and ditched it! :mad:
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,697
    Forum Member
    I quite like the meerkat ads :D
  • Options
    steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    maurice45 wrote: »
    The Plusnet band are winding me up now. Go away! We don't care for your rendition of LMFAO's song, it's tedious.

As a Yorkshireman I would like to apologize for the Plusnet adverts and say they bring shame to the good name of the county. They are not even a Yorkshire company anymore they are owned by BT but base themselves in Sheffield to get around the Yorkshire theme.
This discussion has been closed.