Options

Election news taking over programming!

Comments

• Options
    Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where's the point in showing that Gordon Brown departure over, and over, and over again? I think I've seen in 4 times and I've been watching DVDs for an hour tonight to get away from it all. It's a joke. It didn't need more than half an hour to show the interviews and announce it.
  • Options
    KXTKXT Posts: 461
    Forum Member
    How sad and pathetic are peoples lives that they are actually whining about Eastenders being postponed?
  • Options
    VabosityVabosity Posts: 2,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KXT wrote: »
    How sad and pathetic are peoples lives that they are actually whining about Eastenders being postponed?

I agree, although I'd have been whining loudest of all had it been a decent programme like Ashes to Ashes or Doctor Who!
  • Options
    Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Try living with someone who watches it.
  • Options
    TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member

Not at all - but one or the other could easily have been stuck on BBC2 with occasional on-screen announcements about what was going on, couldn't it?

Personally I don't like Eastenders, but I'd rather watch it than wait to see live coverage of a poltician I don't like getting out of his car.
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    afx237vi wrote: »
    CNBC mentioned that The Weakest Link had been cancelled? How did that momentous news affect the international markets? :cool:

No they mentioned the politics, should have mentioned that :o
  • Options
    robbies_galrobbies_gal Posts: 32,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i understand why programs were moved but why not show some on bbc2 instead then evwryone has a choice-not cancel it till the next day or indefinitely
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,449
    Forum Member
    it's pretty important though - I know it doesn't seem that way because they're trying to fill a news cycle with not that much but we've had the resignation of the prime minister, a new prime minister (ick) and a coalition between two parties with absolutely nothing in common facing a potential double dip recession and massive public spending cuts

I think another half an hour of Zainab hissing, Roxy's shouting and Syed's smell the fart acting can wait :D
  • Options
    IzakIzak Posts: 3,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sick to death of all this politics news over the past few weeks. We have special channels such as BBC News 24 and Sky News to cater for people interested in the subject so why do we have to have it shown in great detail on the other channels?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 182
    Forum Member
    it's pretty important though - I know it doesn't seem that way because they're trying to fill a news cycle with not that much but we've had the resignation of the prime minister, a new prime minister (ick) and a coalition between two parties with absolutely nothing in common facing a potential double dip recession and massive public spending cuts

I think another half an hour of Zainab hissing, Roxy's shouting and Syed's smell the fart acting can wait :D

I agree! Am actually a bit sad that things are now getting agreed and put in place because TV will be back to its ordinary business as usual. No soap opera could ever be as compelling as watching these major events unfold and living through a momentous event in British political history. Also, I don't think any scriptwriter could put words in actors' mouths that were as eloquent as the various speeches we heard today. It's really been an extraordinary few days.
  • Options
    ayrshiremanayrshireman Posts: 9,279
    Forum Member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by afx237vi
    I'm guessing a lot of the complainers in this thread didn't bother to vote.

Oh they do vote.

But for important things like X Factor and Strictly Come Dancing...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 182
    Forum Member
    Oh they do vote.

But for important things like X Factor and Strictly Come Dancing...

:D:D:D Very funny, because it's true. :eek::eek::eek: Which is very sad. :cry::cry::cry:
  • Options
    Release MeRelease Me Posts: 3,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You get three consecutive Eastenders episodes in a row starting tomorrow so stop moaning! I usually can't stand politics but am finding this change of leadership and government interesting.
  • Options
    dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,290
    Forum Member
    Release Me wrote: »
    You get three consecutive Eastenders episodes in a row starting tomorrow so stop moaning! I usually can't stand politics but am finding this change of leadership and government interesting.
    Would you be saying that had it been corrie?
    I don't mind EastEnders airing on a weds but the way the BBC went about it was bad
    Saying EastEnders would follow when they knew full well it wouldn't
  • Options
    ImperialImperial Posts: 344
    Forum Member
    I agree! Am actually a bit sad that things are now getting agreed and put in place because TV will be back to its ordinary business as usual. No soap opera could ever be as compelling as watching these major events unfold and living through a momentous event in British political history. Also, I don't think any scriptwriter could put words in actors' mouths that were as eloquent as the various speeches we heard today. It's really been an extraordinary few days.

Yes, I found tonights coverage completely fascinating, even had a tear at old Gordy's speech! :o And enjoyed the overhead shots of London (must get out more)
    A great historical event with so many emotions running through. Now we wait for the next ep.

Having just read the thread, do some posters only have BBC1?! :confused:
  • Options
    Release MeRelease Me Posts: 3,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dan2008 wrote: »
    I don't mind EastEnders airing on a weds but the way the BBC went about it was bad

That's a question for the BBC to answer not me. I thought you worked for them anyway. :D

If people can't accept for one day their favorite soaps not being on then we have a problem on our hands.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's also on BBC3 @ 10PM Tonight.

It wasn't though!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Imperial wrote: »
    Yes, I found tonights coverage completely fascinating, even had a tear at old Gordy's speech! :o And enjoyed the overhead shots of London (must get out more)
    A great historical event with so many emotions running through. Now we wait for the next ep.

Having just read the thread, do some posters only have BBC1?! :confused:

Glad I wasn't the only one, then my OH had to start talking to me about it like it doesn't matter. I've been ranting all evening about it, and got through a third of a bottle of gin. I remember when Thatcher got in, although I was a couple of years too young to vote then.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Release Me wrote: »
    That's a question for the BBC to answer not me. I thought you worked for them anyway. :D

If people can't accept for one day their favorite soaps not being on then we have a problem on our hands.
    Im not bothered anyway becuase i was working today and im off tommorow so i've got something to watch now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    peely wrote: »
    It wasn't though!
    Nope and EastEnders is the most viewed on Iplayer tonight but people couldn't actually get to view it.

EastEnders will be on at 7:30pm and 10:00pm BBC3 tommorow though
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dan2008 wrote: »

They didn't know how long events would take, and this is a historic moment. Its 70 years since the last hung parliament, and we're in for some turbulent times ahead, which will affect everybody. One of my 13 yo daughters watched it. T'other didn't, but she probably should have done.

Must remember to set recorder for EE tomorrow though, as I'm out!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    peely wrote: »
    They didn't know how long events would take, and this is a historic moment. Its 70 years since the last hung parliament, and we're in for some turbulent times ahead, which will affect everybody. One of my 13 yo daughters watched it. T'other didn't, but she probably should have done.

Must remember to set recorder for EE tomorrow though, as I'm out!
    Yes some turbulent times ahead for the Job Centre as half of us will be on the dole i expect:D

Yeah but if your recording via Virgin+ or sky+ it still says DIY SOS is on
  • Options
    stash22stash22 Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member
    BBC had to show coverage!! Imagine how many people would complain if they didnt. Not many people want to watch all that coverage from start to finish but we pay a license fee and many people would be annoyed to not have live updates for such a big event.
    What I dont understand is why they didnt put it on bbc3 at 10pm? They could still show it on BBCone tomorrow or thursday but I thought it would be a good opportunity to see how a first view of the show faired on BBC3 - it may have got their highest ever digital rating. Just a good moment to use one of the alternative channels for those who arent interested in the politics
  • Options
    Forum Member
    stash22 wrote: »
    BBC had to show coverage!! Imagine how many people would complain if they didnt. Not many people want to watch all that coverage from start to finish but we pay a license fee and many people would be annoyed to not have live updates for such a big event.
    What I dont understand is why they didnt put it on bbc3 at 10pm? They could still show it on BBCone tomorrow or thursday but I thought it would be a good opportunity to see how a first view of the show faired on BBC3 - it may have got their highest ever digital rating. Just a good moment to use one of the alternative channels for those who arent interested in the politics
    EastEnders the LIve aftermath back in feb pulled in over 4million and it is the highest rated show on digital tv so far.

BBC3 did a 2 week special back in 2003/2004 and aired EastEnders as first looks which pulled in over amillion viewers but back then less people had the channel.

I think they removed the BBC3 episode as they would of ended up airing it again tommorow night at 10:00pm also
  • Options
    ImperialImperial Posts: 344
    Forum Member
    I notice no one mentioned our 84 year old Queen who not only had to postpone her dinner but then missed her fave show Corrie! :eek: Praps Phil taped it for her ;)