• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    i liked him tonight, i also like Jay :)
  • Options
    GetridofcoleGetridofcole Posts: 1,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Came back well tonight after his bootcamp debacle but in truth him and fleur stood out for the overs. In fairness to his bootcamp song though nobody should try replacing jagger on one of his songs
  • Options
    sheff71sheff71 Posts: 8,293
    Forum Member
    I bet he can't wait until Crowded House week... :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    Tredder wrote: »
    Improve in what way Barbara?

He's only worn Jeans and a t shirt

I don't see the probem in there despise that tshirts are not total apropriate for his age. The worst is the chain necklace, this needs to take off.

He can improve in way to wear edgy clothes like a leather jacket
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see the probem in there despise that tshirts are not total apropriate for his age. The worst is the chain necklace, this needs to take off.

:confused::confused::confused:

Since when?
  • Options
    Nobby BurtonNobby Burton Posts: 1,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tshirts aren't appropriate for 29 year olds :o

What should he be wearing? A sensible knitted sweater?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I have T-shirts that are older than him!
  • Options
    Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Both Ben and Jay are good, but at the moment I'm finding it hard to tell them apart :blush:
  • Options
    Safi74Safi74 Posts: 5,580
    Forum Member
    I love him and think he ticks many boxes.

His mum works just down the road from here, so I'm going there now to follow her until I get a glimps of the man himself!!!!😉
  • Options
    lazy marelazy mare Posts: 135
    Forum Member
    Patti-Ann wrote: »
    Both Ben and Jay are good, but at the moment I'm finding it hard to tell them apart :blush:

Ben can sing :D
  • Options
    aggielaneaggielane Posts: 5,356
    Forum Member
    Loved him so much better than Jay. I thought Simon was going to pick one or the other shame he chose both.
  • Options
    DangermooseDangermoose Posts: 67,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not really an X Factor viewer anymore but happened to be on when he sang Hotel California at the boot camp thingy and he made me stop what I was doing to watch. Just fantastic! Hope he does well on the lives :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 382
    Forum Member
    On tonight's show, great talent, lovely bloke, down to earth, every thing that X Factor should be about.

No previous recording contract, no supporting of a big(ish) pop act, just raw bare boned talent.

Be great to read what everyone thinks.

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE his voice - he will surely be in the top two alongside Andrea - phenomenal voices both of them. Overall great top 12 in my opinion, although I would have definitely picked Helen (mum with Redhair) over Jay James.
  • Options
    VanbastVanbast Posts: 88
    Forum Member
    I like the way he acknowledges and shows appreciation for the musicians and backing singers who are playing with him.

In Boot Camp he thanked the guitarist and seemed genuinely impressed by his playing skills. In the Judges House he seemed to sing with the backing singers as though part of a group.

The rest of them just treat them like props.
  • Options
    yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,533
    Forum Member
    Patti-Ann wrote: »

Ben is the good looking one who has been fantastic at every part of the show.

Jay is the one with the sob story which has carried him through each time despite underwheling performances since his first audtion
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 382
    Forum Member
    Surely, SURELY!

last night must have changed some peoples opinions, he's leagues above Jay James.

oh by a million miles - Jay James just doesn't do it for me, very overrated. Ben is AMAZING
  • Options
    hannahhannah Posts: 13,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really like Ben he has everything and gets better at every stage.
  • Options
    ArtyAttackArtyAttack Posts: 67,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vanbast wrote: »
    I like the way he acknowledges and shows appreciation for the musicians and backing singers who are playing with him.

In Boot Camp he thanked the guitarist and seemed genuinely impressed by his playing skills. In the Judges House he seemed to sing with the backing singers as though part of a group.

Agree.Have noticed him do that on both occasions. Love him and he hasn't put a foot wrong for me so far. Just worried that Simon is still going to favour Jay over him with songs and singing order on the live shows.
  • Options
    BirdcageBirdcage Posts: 6,499
    Forum Member
    I really like Ben, love his voice and his attitude and hope he wins.
  • Options
    qwerty_1234qwerty_1234 Posts: 950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oh I love Ben - he's a good singer, sings the sort of music that I would be interested in and he's the best looking contestant in my opinion!
  • Options
    CranberryappleCranberryapple Posts: 12,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surely, SURELY!

last night must have changed some peoples opinions, he's leagues above Jay James.

He's in a totally different league to Jay James. IMHO:)
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Totally different league. Really don't get the Jay hype but Ben singing makes the hairs on my neck stand up. Absolutely fantastic

Me neither!
    All the angst ridden songs along with the equally angst ridden faces he makes ( surprise surprise ) another one at Judge's houses, just bores me to tears.:cry:
    aggielane wrote: »
    Loved him so much better than Jay. I thought Simon was going to pick one or the other shame he chose both.

It is a shame. He seems to be hooked on Jay's sob story>:(
    How many more times do we need to hear how he was injured whilst in the Navy/!^_^
    Not really an X Factor viewer anymore but happened to be on when he sang Hotel California at the boot camp thingy and he made me stop what I was doing to watch. Just fantastic! Hope he does well on the lives :)

I LOVED his version too:)
    Ben is the good looking one who has been fantastic at every part of the show.

Jay is the one with the sob story which has carried him through each time despite underwheling performances since his first audtion

So true, and so annoying.:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    Vanbast wrote: »

I completely agree with you! I don't get who thinks Ben is cocky/arrogant person because i find him very humble and likeable
  • Options
    cheesebigginscheesebiggins Posts: 337
    Forum Member
    Not my type of music, but his voice MAKES it my type of music. It's incredible, and he seems like a genuinely nice guy. And I think he's hot. ;)
  • Options
    ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's very likeable and has a really decent voice.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like him. I predict he'll make Week 4.