Options

Death in Paradise Series 4 Thursday Jan 8th 2015

Comments

• Options
    hansuehansue Posts: 14,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    myscimitar wrote: »
    Is it worth watching again... Nooooooo, they lost the best reason to watch.. Hope she back at some point.

Ive just read that she is leaving half way through this series so yes she has gone and probably wont be back.

I wonder if this will be the last series now.
  • Options
    Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As I predicted, it didn't take long for the new sergeant to get into some shorts. It was before the end of this episode!
    Then in the trailer for next week we saw her in two different pairs as well as a very short dress!

Seems to have a softer personality than Camille.

Good send off scene for her, nice dress.

She'll do well with that Spiral crew, no she won't the Parisenne low-life would have her for dinner!
  • Options
    J-ZeeJ-Zee Posts: 557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh hell, why has Camille gone? It won't be the same, she is one beautiful lady.
  • Options
    DragonicDragonic Posts: 2,146
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who's the actress playing the new person entering next week? The women I mean who seemed to be in the preview
  • Options
    nic6nic6 Posts: 745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sara Martins (Camille) has gone back to France to work for French TV but at least it's left open for her to do a guest appearance in the future. The programme producers know they have got to work hard now to keep the male viewers happy hence the new girl in the shorts during next weeks preview. Sara Martin's (Camille) best outfit? The bikini she wore in episode 1 season 1. ;-)
  • Options
    Jim_UlaJim_Ula Posts: 2,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As I predicted, it didn't take long for the new sergeant to get into some shorts.

Careful, don't go waking that fool troll up again with such outlandish comments :o
  • Options
    WillpurryWillpurry Posts: 2,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dragonic wrote: »
    Who's the actress playing the new person entering next week? The women I mean who seemed to be in the preview

What new actress/person? :) Can you put up a screenshot? :)
  • Options
    RoseAnneRoseAnne Posts: 3,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Willpurry wrote: »
    What new actress/person? :) Can you put up a screenshot? :)

I think it's Florence with her hair down, in a pretty top and in shorts. I barely recognised her. I think it's the "Oh Miss Jones you're beautiful" effect!
  • Options
    WillpurryWillpurry Posts: 2,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RoseAnne wrote: »
    I think it's Florence with her hair down and in shorts. I barely recognised her. I think it's the "Oh Miss Jones you're beautiful" effect!

I knew that, hence my amused smileys.
  • Options
    saralundsaralund Posts: 3,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't think it's a new woman, I think it's Florence newly promoted to detective and with her hair down. The new member of staff seems to be a bloke.

Sorry to see Camille go, but a lot of her raison d'etre went with Richard Poole. The producers have carefully chosen a very pretty replacement...for the blokes.

Dwayne must be fed up with all the changes. Or rather, Danny John Jules and Don Warrington should be asking for much more money!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Willpurry wrote: »
    I knew that, hence my amused smileys.

I thought you did actually, but since you responded to Dragonic I put your post there too. :)
  • Options
    HumidHumid Posts: 1,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, No, No, No, No..... I demand they bring Sara Martins back.
  • Options
    bilsheenebilsheene Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    What the hell I didn't no she was leaving 😢😢😢😭😭😭😭

And there is know way she's coming back.
  • Options
    Hyram FyramHyram Fyram Posts: 3,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "No" way.
  • Options
    Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jim_Ula wrote: »
    Careful, don't go waking that fool troll up again with such outlandish comments :o

That's DS for you, some can take a comedy drama far too seriously.

The changing into shorts was predictable wasn't it?

I mean, why else hire someone like her?

Anyway, "There was clear evidence" available for the producers that "Florence" would look good in shorts.

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1076748032/nm2907225?ref_=nmmi_mi_all_pbl_10
  • Options
    SurrenderBillSurrenderBill Posts: 19,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "No" way.

Bless, feel better now?
  • Options
    DragonicDragonic Posts: 2,146
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RoseAnne wrote: »
    I think it's Florence with her hair down, in a pretty top and in shorts. I barely recognised her. I think it's the "Oh Miss Jones you're beautiful" effect!

Holy smoke, so it is! I really should have checked her IMDB xD
    Thanks for the help though :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What the hell I didn't no she was leaving 😢😢😢😭😭😭😭
    bilsheene wrote: »
    And there is know way she's coming back.
    "No" way.

I think blisheene deliberately wrote "know" instead of "no" to show Ice dragon's use of "no" instead of 'know"!

* runs away * before getting a "Bless" from pork.pie. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Holy smoke, so it is! I really should have checked her IMDB xD
    Thanks for the help though :)

You're welcome. I've just checked the IMDB pic and :o:o
  • Options
    nic6nic6 Posts: 745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Logically they should bring another female in to even up the numbers next week, not a bloke. Another French girl wouldn't of gone amiss. :D
  • Options
    RFSRFS Posts: 7,627
    Forum Member
    I think they've just gone full circle and brought it back to the original format of two uniforms and a male and female DS, although I grant you they had three officers right at the start before she turned out to be the murderer of the week.

BTW the overnights from last week's episode has not been updated on wiki and it was quite a fall from the week before that... Be interesting to see how the ratings fare
  • Options
    gurney-sladegurney-slade Posts: 29,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    These long running 'formula' series (Silent Witness, New Tricks) are like Trigger's broom; it's still a broom but there's nothing left of the original. Being female, I won't miss Camille as much as some - and her replacement looks more than adequate!! :blush:

http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2014/10/tobi-bakare-joins-bbc-ones-death-paradise-series-regular/

So long as Harry stays I'll be happy.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Humid wrote: »
    No, No, No, No, No..... I demand they bring Sara Martins back.

Sorry the 'new girl' is not a patch on Sara, even in shorts.
  • Options
    SallysallySallysally Posts: 5,070
    Forum Member
    myscimitar wrote: »
    Sorry the 'new girl' is not a patch on Sara, even in shorts.

I am not into women so cannot be relied upon to be knowledgeable about what ticks men's boxes, but am I the only one who actually thinks that Florence is just as pretty as Camille and given half a chance, could be just as sexy?

She won't find it hard to be a better actress, or indeed detective, than Camille was in the last 2 episodes. Sara Martin seemed to spend her entire time totally disinterested in the proceedings.
  • Options
    Hyram FyramHyram Fyram Posts: 3,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eventually there will be no actors left, just a camera facing the beach for an hour.