Options

Jeremy Kyle New Series

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sunny B wrote: »
    And did you see the state off him!? :o Did you see him and Julie on Channel 5's On Benefits & Proud? >:(:D

Yes unfortunately I did see them on Benefits etc.... :o

The lot of them want putting on a desert island..... no maybe not.... can you imagine the results????? :o:o
  • Options
    JocolahJocolah Posts: 2,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    poppy10 wrote: »
    I'm watching the American Jeremy Kyle. Is it just me but I think Jeremy isn't as cocky to the Americans the way he is with the British guests ?[/QUOTE]

I don't see any difference in his demeanour towards them. Though, when I first heard he was doing shows in the US, I thought he would be less cocky and more milder, as a lot of Americans can be quite fiery and give as good as they get, but no, I think he treats British and US guests the same.
  • Options
    ROWLING2010ROWLING2010 Posts: 3,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :o wow two women in their 50s that are on now obviously have no shame or dignity.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I presume anyone watching JK has seen the ads for "The Speakmans" .... a pair of self styled "psychologists to the Stars".. what a scary looking pair of freaks they are :o

I can imagine that most of their "guests" will be drawn from the JK guest list.... it can't be coincidental that the only place I've seen this show advertised is during the breaks on JK :D
  • Options
    poppy10poppy10 Posts: 1,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Justabloke wrote: »
    I presume anyone watching JK has seen the ads for "The Speakmans" .... a pair of self styled "psychologists to the Stars".. what a scary looking pair of freaks they are :o

I can imagine that most of their "guests" will be drawn from the JK guest list.... it can't be coincidental that the only place I've seen this show advertised is during the breaks on JK :D

The Speakmans worked with Kerry Katona when she finished with Mark Croft and signed up with Claire Powell. Strange, strange pair.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Speakmans worked with Kerry Katona when she finished with Mark Croft and signed up with Claire Powell. Strange, strange pair.

I know Kerry Katona but other than that I don't know who you mean but yes they are strange looking / sounding pair. :confused:

As for KK... if she hadn't become a zlebrity at some point we would have seen her on the JK show, so I think that proves my original point :D
  • Options
    Sunny BSunny B Posts: 7,359
    Forum Member
    This "mother" has been on before! She was fighting with her so called best mate cos she was jealous she was seeing someone and she said the bloke had tried too feel her up! :o>:(:D:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sunny B wrote: »
    This "mother" has been on before! She was fighting with her so called best mate cos she was jealous she was seeing someone and she said the bloke had tried too feel her up! :o>:(:D:p

Haven't seen it yet but it sounds familiar.... mind you most are these days,
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Haven't seen it yet but it sounds familiar.... mind you most are these days,

I wonder if Jeremy mentions she is a returning guest? He usually does and he did when Julie was on about 3 times lol!
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the 'accuser' in that segment was completely off her head and needed a doctor quite urgently.
    She even wanted the lie detector results card. :o

Couldn't understand why her ex-friend went along with it unless it was for a freebie in Manchester.

Apologies for quoting myself.:blush:

That nutcase was back today for an unrelated reason and I just cannot believe that any sane person acts in such a manner.
    She was jailed for 18 months for child neglect and , rather than show any real contrition, she was shouting and being obnoxious (again).

I shouldn't be wasting my time with such rubbish but it is horribly addictive. :blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just when I thought the bottom of the barrel had been well and truly scraped clean, Jeremy parades those two "ladies" out, one calling the other a prostitute (she's 58), and then Jezza asking if she wears a thong. What the hell does that have to do with it? I wasn't aware that only secret prostitutes wore thongs.

A month later and she was back today! :o>:(:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had the bad luck to see the episode that aired yesterday and was anyone appalled at how the mother's walking stick was taken from her, thrown around the stage, waved around by Jeremy...surely this is hate crime behaviour? Whether she is lying or not about her disability, they do not know for sure (and even if she was lying it still wouldn't justify what they did) and I found it abhorrent that this sort of thing was allowed to be broadcast - and first thing in the morning too. It's also true that people with disabilities can have good days and bad days and might not always need assistance all of the time.

I have never felt an urge to write a letter of complaint about anything on TV before, but I'm going to be contacting all relevant parties about this. How such obscene behaviour is allowed in 2014 makes me sick to my stomach and it makes me fear the example it will set in terms of how disabled people might be treated in the real world.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another pair of returnees this morning..... the toothless son and his horrible shouty brother.....

"Where were you when I died 5 times?" yeah right.

And the first bloke.... he said some incredibly vile things about the woman he had sex with..... this show really is reveling in its awfulness these days. It is getting worse every day and I now tend to fast forward through much of it. Anyone else noticed how Welsh people seem to feature in it lately too?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Grey Lady wrote: »
    I had the bad luck to see the episode that aired yesterday and was anyone appalled at how the mother's walking stick was taken from her, thrown around the stage, waved around by Jeremy...surely this is hate crime behaviour? Whether she is lying or not about her disability, they do not know for sure (and even if she was lying it still wouldn't justify what they did) and I found it abhorrent that this sort of thing was allowed to be broadcast - and first thing in the morning too. It's also true that people with disabilities can have good days and bad days and might not always need assistance all of the time.

I have never felt an urge to write a letter of complaint about anything on TV before, but I'm going to be contacting all relevant parties about this. How such obscene behaviour is allowed in 2014 makes me sick to my stomach and it makes me fear the example it will set in terms of how disabled people might be treated in the real world.

I wouldn't normally quote my own post but I'm disturbed no one else appears to feel strongly about how wrong this incident was. I'm sure not long ago there would have been genuine and worthy outrage over such a thing. Have we become so apathetic nothing concerns the majority anymore? :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't normally quote my own post but I'm disturbed no one else appears to feel strongly about how wrong this incident was. I'm sure not long ago there would have been genuine and worthy outrage over such a thing. Have we become so apathetic nothing concerns the majority anymore? :(

Basically.... yes.
  • Options
    MasterjonboiMasterjonboi Posts: 1,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    God yesterday made me want to kiss and cuddle jezza more! He's hot
  • Options
    cathrincathrin Posts: 4,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I saw this appalling incident too, Grey Lady, and I felt as outraged as you do. It seemed to set a new low in a show that had already sunk to unbelievable depths of tastelessness and cruelty. Increasingly, Jeremy seems to be playing it for laughs in totally inappropriate moments (did anyone see him making light of domestic violence recently, when someone said a man had "ragged" (dragged around roughly) their girlfriend, and Jeremy just made light of the incident in a silly "ooh-I've-learned-a-new-word" way, ("Ragged!" I'm cool, me!") for a cheap laugh? Talk about an inappropriate subject for joking!)

The show you mention seemed every bit as offensive as the one that was recently rapped on the knuckles by Ofcom. It made me wonder how often the show simply gets away with totally unacceptable behaviour, purely because everyone has simply come to accept it and so no-one reports it. I'm as guilty as anyone on that score--all too often, I see something on the show that really shocks me, and I post on here about how awful it was and lots of posters agree.....but it never occurs to me to make an official complaint. I suppose I've tended to think that my lone voice wouldn't make much difference; I always assumed they only looked into complaints if loads of people complain.

...But interestingly, when the show had its knuckles rapped recently after that complaint to Ofcom, apparently it was just one viewer who complained. That one complaint triggered Ofcom to check it out, and the complaint was upheld. Obviously they don't uphold every complaint, but it sounds like they do look into them all. The interesting thing about that was, the content of the in question show was pretty much par for the course in JK world: bullying and cruelty towards vulnerable people. In other words, a typical JK show. ....Which makes me wonder if Ofcom simply aren't aware that that's basically what goes on every single day on this programme!

....Anyway, it's reassuring to think that they do look into complaints, even if it's just one person who reports it.
  • Options
    intoxicationintoxication Posts: 7,059
    Forum Member
    Jocolah wrote: »
    I'm watching the American Jeremy Kyle. Is it just me but I think Jeremy isn't as cocky to the Americans the way he is with the British guests ?[/QUOTE]

I don't see any difference in his demeanour towards them. Though, when I first heard he was doing shows in the US, I thought he would be less cocky and more milder, as a lot of Americans can be quite fiery and give as good as they get, but no, I think he treats British and US guests the same.

I find that the Americans are less likely to tow the line with Jeremy. Whilst the British shut up and allow him to get involved In the middle of an argument the Americans are much better in their typical way of just shouting over him and to each other. He has less control over the guests in the US version.

First story Jeremy announces today: Guy has sex with his own aunty. Guy comes out. Jeremy says that the woman is not actually his aunty but a close family friend.
  • Options
    Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did you see how vile he was to the cheaters in yesterday's programme?

"Get out of my building"
  • Options
    BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

If I thought the stories on his stage were 100% genuine, I might feel more outraged, but I'm a bit skeptical about that, I think the production team encourage guests to embellish and exaggerate their stories for maximum effect. The stories are loosely based on actual events I suppose, but I see the JK show as a bit of entertainment, nothing more. For people who appear on the show, I think it's unfortunate that they're not bright enough to realize they're being used in this way, or if they are smart enough to realize it and accept the money and free night in a hotel in Manchester as appropriate compensation for humiliating themselves on national television, maybe I should pity them too, but I don't really.

Perhaps I should reserve my pity for the people who see Jeremy as some kind of hero figure. His old 'I'm just being honest' tagline is often said by people who know they are tactless arseholes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If I thought the stories on his stage were 100% genuine, I might feel more outraged, but I'm a bit skeptical about that, I think the production team encourage guests to embellish and exaggerate their stories for maximum effect. The stories are loosely based on actual events I suppose, but I see the JK show as a bit of entertainment, nothing more. For people who appear on the show, I think it's unfortunate that they're not bright enough to realize they're being used in this way, or if they are smart enough to realize it and accept the money and free night in a hotel in Manchester as appropriate compensation for humiliating themselves on national television, maybe I should pity them too, but I don't really.

Perhaps I should reserve my pity for the people who see Jeremy as some kind of hero figure. His old 'I'm just being honest' tagline is often said by people who know they are tactless arseholes.

Hmm I dont entirely agree with this. With what little experience I have with television I would say your theory on production encouraging guests to embellish and feeding them lines to say is more suited to Jerry Springer where they also coach guests on how they can fight. Certainly production would be coaching the guests on JK and riling them up backstage, this is both for an explosive reaction when they come out plus for the benefit of the backstage camera shots where it cuts to them sitting backstage ranting and raving (production stirring the pot) or laughing at something that is not funny (most likely been just told a joke or production said something bitchy about the guests to make them look like they are callously laughing about something shocking like death)

The way they find their guests is quite underhand too. Yes people willingly call up and go on the show but I know what other lengths they will go to to secure guests, from hanging around hospitals to childrens homes. And of course scouring through Facebook for any dramas they could translate to the show. But to embellish the stories? I personally don't think so. The majority of people on the show are somewhat less intelligent than average folk and probably wouldn't be clever enough to follow orders like that.
  • Options
    Last RequestLast Request Posts: 2,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No sympathy from me the woman who was 24 weeks pregnant. She knew her boyfriend was a cheat yet she keeps taking him back she's deluded.to think he would change.
  • Options
    cathrincathrin Posts: 4,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The more I think about this, the more horrified I am by(a) the fact that it happened in the first place, and (b) was allowed to go out on TV. It really was shocking. Not only did Jeremy and the son mess around with the walking stick, but the son then threw the stick down on the other side of the stage and it was left there for the entire time. The mother asked for it back, but no-one gave it to her, so for the rest of her time on the show she had to sit there with her stick on the ground several feet away. The fact that no-one picked it up and gave it back to her spoke volumes about the level of sheer cruelty involved in this show.

Even when the show restarted after the ad break, the stick was still lying there on the stage, at which point Jeremy made a big thing of giving it back to her. As he handed it over, he said "Your son's accused you of faking your disability, but I don't know the truth, so obviously I'll give you that back." The implication being that he somehow had the power to "withhold" the walking-stick from her at his own whim, and was generously granting her the benefit of the doubt and allowing her to have her stick again.

I can't put into words how shocking this was. Grey Lady's post was spot on.
  • Options
    WhyIsTVSoAwfulWhyIsTVSoAwful Posts: 608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jason100 wrote: »
    Did you see how vile he was to the cheaters in yesterday's programme?

"Get out of my building"

Because folks who cheat aren't vile at all, right?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Because folks who cheat aren't vile at all, right?

If every person who has ever cheated on somebody in their lifetime in some way shape or form was yelled "Get out my building/house" hardly anybody would visit anyone lol