Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So far the content of Home fires seems that it could air at 8.30 pm
  • Options
    C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fudd wrote: »
    Another reason Britain's Got Talent is soaring this year is it's against Atlantis for part of the episode followed by a lottery quiz which people are happy to dip in and out of. The 8pm start time has helped too alongside, for a change, a decent lead in. I'm previous years it's had a 7pm start, Doctor Who and The Voice all against it plus You've Been Framed as a lead in. I'm not knocking the figures at all; they're holding strong and if people hated it they would simply switch off. But it is getting an easier ride than previous series.

Ninja Warrior has really settled down as a medium sized hit ITV desperately needed. Does anyone have the quarter of an hour breakdowns for it please? It obviously got a boost post Pointless but I wonder by how much. Is it getting close to beating Pointless head-to-head?

4.0, 4.3, 4.6, 5.9

Including +1, Ninja Warrior averaged 4.85m. Even without BGT I think it would probably be doing 4.4m-4.5m average so it's definitely a success for ITV.
    Dan R wrote: »
    You make some very good points sir! :p
    It will be interesting to see what happens when the contracts end next year, hopefully BGT's ratings stay like this because then we could definitely be seeing a 3-year renewal! Simon is gonna have much tougher time getting ITV to renew X Factor considering it's lost (on some occasions) 7-8 million viewers in 5 years!Things could change this year of course but I wouldn't put money on it!

And I agree BGT just has more appeal, the different variety each year makes things less predictable, plus don't forget the judges and Ant&Dec! :P It's just a much more joyous more family-oriented show!

Obviously a lot depends on what happens this year and next but at current levels and the more managed decline of 2013-14, ITV are hardly going to be turning their noses up. That it's quite exciting for them to have a 4.5m+ rating entertainment show sums up the overall situation.

XF is almost certainly more lucrative for ITV than BGT. Partly due to the time of year, partly due to a younger audience profile but mainly because it turns out twice as many hours across a 3 & 1/2 month period.
  • Options
    Ice dragon1Ice dragon1 Posts: 19,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Literally in tears after watching the C Word. I no it's a very hard subject and is really close to home for some, but that was done in a beautiful way, that helps get some points across to the viewers.
  • Options
    H of De VilH of De Vil Posts: 26,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did anyone watch Sunday Night at the Palladium tonight? It was a good old fashioned variety show and seemed to fit so well with Bradley Walsh presenting.
  • Options
    hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dan2008 wrote: »
    Yeah, I don't see why they couldn't have. I mean it's not like BBC 1 are airing anything special for Mayday.

Land Girls 1:30pm
    Escape to the Country 2:15pm
    Decimate 3:00pm
    Flog It 3:45pm

Same shows just in a different order/slightly different time slot.

Don't get me started on how Bank Holiday TV has fallen, We need comedy and films but TV won't put any on.
  • Options
    yorkie100yorkie100 Posts: 9,372
    Forum Member
    stv viewer wrote: »
    So far the content of Home fires seems that it could air at 8.30 pm

It could air at anytime if the 1st ep is anything to go by. Thought it was all a bit flat really.
  • Options
    West End BoyWest End Boy Posts: 870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree re the C Word, beautifully writen and acted. A tough watch, but well worth it.
  • Options
    stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did anyone watch Sunday Night at the Palladium tonight? It was a good old fashioned variety show and seemed to fit so well with Bradley Walsh presenting.

I agree I really enjoyed it
  • Options
    cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ninja Warrior UK doing better than Play To The Whistle which follows Britain's Got Talent. Makes Ninja Warriors performance more impressive in my opinion.
  • Options
    PEARLY331PEARLY331 Posts: 571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The C word could achieve 6-7 million imo
  • Options
    H of De VilH of De Vil Posts: 26,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I thought The C Word and Home Firs were excellent.

Though I hope both get good audiences and its not BBC domination totally, potentially killing off Home Fires from its 1st ep. From what I've seen it could actually have been at 8pm.

Yorkie I imagine you found it flat because the war hadn't started yet.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stv viewer wrote: »
    To be honest I dont know the content of Home Fires as I havent seen it yet but could it not air 8.30 - 9.30. With BGT around it from 7pm - 8.30pm with the results at 9.30pm - 10pm like the old Dancing on Ice Sundays

Home Fires is designed for Sunday nights. Looks like it could be an 8pm show. Why isn't it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Bradley Walsh should be hosting Sunday Night At The Palladium for the whole series.
  • Options
    Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cylon6 wrote: »
    Home Fires is designed for Sunday nights. Looks like it could be an 8pm show. Why isn't it?

I agree it's Sunday night 8pm fodder. Fine as it goes but not exactly earth shattering. Mind you a few will have given it a try avoiding BBC offering.
  • Options
    ScoreScore Posts: 17,288
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cylon6 wrote: »

Because ITV schedulers are unimaginative and think all drama needs to go at 9pm. I think a good schedule could have been Palladium at 7pm, Home Fires at 8pm and Long Lost Family (back in a few weeks anyway according to Nicky Campbell) at 9pm. It's not aired there before but LLF could suit a Sunday and would be a decent drama alternative.
  • Options
    yorkie100yorkie100 Posts: 9,372
    Forum Member
    Well I thought The C Word and Home Firs were excellent.

Yorkie I imagine you found it flat because the war hadn't started yet.

Possibly thats true and of course it was only the 1st ep, I wll stick with it though for now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Score wrote: »
    Because ITV schedulers are unimaginative and think all drama needs to go at 9pm. I think a good schedule could have been Palladium at 7pm, Home Fires at 8pm and Long Lost Family (back in a few weeks anyway according to Nicky Campbell) at 9pm. It's not aired there before but LLF could suit a Sunday and would be a decent drama alternative.

That could work.
  • Options
    BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,674
    Forum Member
    The C Word: 3.79m (17.4%)

Home Fires: 4.33m (19.6%) exc. HD and +1
  • Options
    lewiep93lewiep93 Posts: 5,880
    Forum Member
    Dancc wrote: »

Gosh, I thought it would be the other way round. I can see why The C Word was sub 4 million though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Home Fires IS Sunday night.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Rating of the night? Sky Living's new 3 part drama The Enfield Haunting, which pulled in an excellent 0.75m (3.4%) at 9pm.
  • Options
    stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think it could be due to HF being a 6 part drama and The C word was a one off and next week is the Bafta awards
  • Options
    newkid30newkid30 Posts: 7,797
    Forum Member
    Rating of the night? Sky Living's new 3 part drama The Enfield Haunting, which pulled in an excellent 0.75m (3.4%) at 9pm.

We watched this, it was excellent, great cast and well made.
  • Options
    xfactorfan27xfactorfan27 Posts: 1,237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Truly shocking ratings there- I really thought the subject matter and star-power of Sheridan Smith would easily see that with 6m upwards. I guess this was a topic too close to home for many, who simply didn't want to be reminded of this through drama. Nevertheless I suspect the drama and Smith herself will be recognised by BAFTA etc as it was an outstanding performance.

To me Home Fires appeared dreary from the trailers so surprised that did so well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    A few others before I'm on my way:

World Snooker Championships: 1.95m (9.5%)
    Celebrity Squares: 1.63m (8.6%) exc. HD and +1
    Sunday Night at the Palladium: 3.59m (17.0%) exc. HD and +1
    8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown: 1.09m (5.0%) exc. +1
    Legally Blonde: 0.81m (4.1%) exc. +1
    Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull: 0.92m (4.3%)
    Hawaii Five-O: 0.54m (2.5%)
This discussion has been closed.