Options

Charlie may be more vulnerable than we know.

2»

Comments

• Options
    ShadowTillNowShadowTillNow Posts: 2,646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel sad for her. I think she thought she could make it all OK but Jason seems scared to try again. I also think he's not really into putting it out there on TV and it's stopping him from even considering further action. I'm not into the couples thing at all, but I feel sad when he keeps his distance from her as you can see she's really hurting. I don't like watching it and actually hope they do come out of this OK.
  • Options
    Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cavalli wrote: »
    As story arcs go, Craig and Anfoneee did it better. I give zero f*cks about the Charlie and Jason situation - partly because I just don't buy it as genuine, the whole set up is way too contrived, IMO.

Do you know what, I think you're right.What woman in her right mind would embarrass herself the way Charlie is
  • Options
    scout2006scout2006 Posts: 7,084
    Forum Member
    cavalli wrote: »
    The germolene coloured lipstick sets them off a real treat doesn't it :p

OMG! That's the exact shade of pink :o:D
  • Options
    PDHPDH Posts: 1,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kopite1763 wrote: »
    It's easy for us to sit here and say he should say this or that. We have no connection to the people involved.

I just think it's a really tricky situation for Jason, as he has said in the past, Charlie has a volatile temper, and when she blows, she blows.

IMO, he is trying to get through this the best way he can by placating her, but at the same time telling her nothing will happen between them in the house, so she backs off. Despite him telling her this, she still pushes herself on him, still wants him to tell her where she stands, still pursues him.

Seems to me he is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't
    If he sits her down and says, "I don't want you back, we are finished" - it would come across as perhaps cruel and embarrassing, by declaring that on nation TV and humiliating Charlie.
    If he placates her, as he is doing, he is accused of leading her on.

I feel sorry for him. He seems a genuinely nice bloke.

I agree with you. I do feel sorry for Jason.
  • Options
    Miss.DMiss.D Posts: 2,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel sorry for both of them, it is an awful situation. But people seem intent on laughing and calling Charlie a stalker. It's cruel.
  • Options
    Gaz22Gaz22 Posts: 18,952
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Miss.D wrote: »
    I feel sorry for both of them, it is an awful situation. But people seem intent on laughing and calling Charlie a stalker. It's cruel.

I've never called her a stalker but if she was a guy and Jason was a girl they'd definitely be called a stalker.

It's a horrible situation to be in but the fact is that all the pressure is coming from Charlie.
  • Options
    HelenbemerryHelenbemerry Posts: 5,738
    Forum Member
    I feel sorry for him as well, he seems to come across as a genuinely nice guy. He has made it very clear to her that they are just friends and has made the point that when they come out of the house, they will be just friends and she should move on and find someone else. He does seem a bit scared of her and she is ruining his BB experience as he is treading on eggshells around her and probably can't enjoy himself as much as he could with the others in case she has a tantrum. It must be a very awkward situation for both of them but if I remember rightly, when we first saw her in the other house, she was talking about him but not saying anything about getting back with him. She only seemed to do that a couple of days before they were going into the main house and during the reveal. She is now acting like a dog with a bone and will not let it go. The cynical side of me thinks she can see magazine deals as a couple whereas he just wants to enjoy his time in the house and get as far away as possible from her when they get out.
  • Options
    SpiritedAwaySpiritedAway Posts: 10,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After this highlights show after more hush hush talk and reassurances from Jason that he hasn't slated Charlie, I'm sure there must be something off about her (outside of the clear delusion and stalking), even if it is as small as being oversensitive. He is handling Charlie with kid gloves for a reason, no doubt. I just hope it's nothing too serious.

I also hope the rest of the audience are picking up on the subtle illusions Jason makes and don't misinterpret his actions as stringing her along. At times, his message has gotten muddled in the pacification. But I've heard he only wants to be friends not just in the house but in general several times and apparently that's no different than what he has been saying on the outside. Think of it this way, if Charlie had any doubts that Jason is not up for it, she wouldn't need to try to win him back for 4 months. She is receiving the message. She just filters out most of it.