Options

Migrant Coverage

Comments

• Options
    John_HuxleyJohn_Huxley Posts: 2,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jesaya wrote: »
    Oh, I think he made a bad decision, as do all the people risking their lives to reach Europe - but I don't need to pick over the reasons why he made that decision, trying to eke out even more things to beat a grieving man over the head with. I certainly don't need to do so in order to oppose allowing refugees into Europe, I can think of much better reasons than demonising the poor sods who are trying to get here and give their families a future.
    You do realize it was the 'but think of the humanity' group of people that used the incident to further their moral campaign.

Your complaint is fundamentally dishonest since you should have an axe to grind against them, not those who simply question the accuracy of the story after some details come to light.

Using 'But think of the humanity' to silence investigation of the truth is an interesting tactic, but i would caution you that it is far too transparent.
  • Options
    jesayajesaya Posts: 35,597
    Forum Member
    Malliday wrote: »
    That does not last long. As soon as refugee status is granted and people are allowed to move freely and work they simply go straight to London, or to wherever there is an established community of their people or religion.

The government's policies won't prevent the long-term migration of anybody they accept towards areas that are already overcrowded and feeling the pressure.

Why do you assume that? We have lots of established refugees living here - about 10,000 of them... about 0.33% of our population. There are 126,000 refugees in the UK, about 0.2% of the population... so Wales hosts a higher percentage per capita.
  • Options
    OxygenatedOxygenated Posts: 1,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dekaf wrote: »
    It really is. An absolute disgrace.

I agree. They are meant to be neutral, and it clearly isn't.

Earlier, I went through the petitions available on the governments petitions website, and noticed one to abolish the BBC licence. And yes, I happily signed it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You do realize it was the 'but think of the humanity' group of people that used the incident to further their moral campaign.

Your complaint is fundamentally dishonest since you should have an axe to grind against them, not those who simply question the accuracy of the story after some details come to light.

Using 'But think of the humanity' to silence investigation of the truth is an interesting tactic, but i would caution you that it is far too transparent.

So in order to challenge them I have to first agree with you about something else?
  • Options
    exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    Well said. I don't know what is worse. The blatant manipulation by the media or the naive gullibility of the individuals desperate to compassion shame others.
    I noticed on the early evening news yesterday the BBC showed a pic of that woman and her child lying on the railway line with her husband lying across as if to protect her from the cops.

When you see the actual clip you can see he clearly pushed her down and with no regard to the child's safety.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEcwoXVtF7s
  • Options
    Musicman103Musicman103 Posts: 2,238
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

As much as I think it's probably true, why are they giving away their plans?
  • Options
    ilarilar Posts: 415
    Forum Member
    Because they are terrorists and and to spread fear and chaos ahead of the actual thing, keeps people guessing.
  • Options
    thisthis Posts: 296
    Forum Member
    As much as I think it's probably true, why are they giving away their plans?

They have always said what they want to be fair, islamification of Europe.

islam needs to be eradicated it is a danger, extremists come from moderates so that old excuse is not valid. But our leaders lack balls some through anatomy but you can see what I'm saying.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Nicola Sturgeon: Scotland ready to take 1,000 refugees.

Like wow, how generous.
  • Options
    RedcarmanRedcarman Posts: 91
    Forum Member
    I noticed on the early evening news yesterday the BBC showed a pic of that woman and her child lying on the railway line with her husband lying across as if to protect her from the cops.

When you see the actual clip you can see he clearly pushed her down and with no regard to the child's safety.

Noticed that myself ...
    In actual fact I flinched when he threw them down on to the track because he could have easily cracked their skulls if they had made contact with the rail ...
    What was noticeable though was the fact that he appeared to use them to cushion his own "fall" ...
    Certainly no gentleman in my opinion, nor loving father or husband either it appears ...!!
  • Options
    chloebchloeb Posts: 6,501
    Forum Member

Absolutely he did push her, the look of shock on her face!
    Rather get run over by a train or electrocuted than follow due process
  • Options
    PedroPedro Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    This is probably why Poland has sensibly said it will take 50 refugee families and they must be Christian.
  • Options
    Musicman103Musicman103 Posts: 2,238
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ilar wrote: »
    Because they are terrorists and and to spread fear and chaos ahead of the actual thing, keeps people guessing.

I think the next incident that happens will trigger a miliatry response. Storm Syria?

I'm not sure these jack asses know what they are dealing with.

They think our generosity stretches to us fighting them with water pistols

The one thing we don't want is civil unrest in this country, or they have acheived their goal. Destabilisation.
  • Options
    chloebchloeb Posts: 6,501
    Forum Member
    Pedro wrote: »
    This is probably why Poland has sensibly said it will take 50 refugee families and they must be Christian.

Oh if only
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That will be poo-pood from the rooftops by some.
  • Options
    MadBettyMadBetty Posts: 1,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The rolling 24 hour coverage has had the effect that I have not bothered watching the news for the past 48 hours. I'm fed up with this 'March of the Migrants' saga. Watching people collecting bags of western-style clothes to donate to muslim women in veils and long dresses.....do people not think things through? they wont wear them!
  • Options
    thisthis Posts: 296
    Forum Member
    If boff, boff "Cam" allows 'em, when they commit atrocities a class action should be leveled at the government for gross negligence after all they are our employees rofl
  • Options
    U96U96 Posts: 13,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Terrified residents in Greece react to the migrant riots on their doorstep
    https://vid.me/fdxe

edited - posted wrong link before.

That's pretty shocking.What a disgusting way to treat your hosts.That is Polish commentary. .No wonder the Poles are saying 'nie!'.
  • Options
    U96U96 Posts: 13,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Like wow, how generous.

She is late to the party.But Scotland is quietly filling up with all the stuff the English have been tolerating for many years now.Ask any Scottish person and they'll tell you how they've noticed more and more immigrants in our midst.
    SNP are very pro immigration.That's why i never vote for them.Even more reason not to now.
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    LostFool wrote: »
    I wonder how many people on waiting lists for council housing will happily give up their place?

i`ve been desperate to move for a couple of years, i would happily have refugees go in front of me, or indeed anyone else whose need is greater.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Like wow, how generous.

Ms Sturgeon said: "It has been suggested that we in Scotland should ready ourselves now to accept 1,000 refugees and I certainly believe we should do so - not as a cap or a limit but as a starting point for a meaningful discussion about how much we can practically contribute.
  • Options
    Dr. ClawDr. Claw Posts: 7,375
    Forum Member
    blueblade wrote: »
    Well, the Germans are welcome to them - applauding them in off the trains at Munich station :o

I agree with others that they are still trying to assuage their collective consciences from the Hitler era. Although I think there is a huge difference in attitude between West and East Germans in this regard.

look at their white guilt in action. they all need to see shrinks :kitty:
  • Options
    PedroPedro Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    I think the next incident that happens will trigger a miliatry response. Storm Syria?

I'm not sure these jack asses know what they are dealing with.

They think our generosity stretches to us fighting them with water pistols

The one thing we don't want is civil unrest in this country, or they have acheived their goal. Destabilisation.
    Storm Westminster would probably have a more desirable effect ..........................
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i`ve been desperate to move for a couple of years, i would happily have refugees go in front of me, or indeed anyone else whose need is greater.

Does not count as your already in a home. Why don't you live on the street and let a Syrian take your current residence. That would count as a sacrifice.
This discussion has been closed.