Options

The Casualty Thread (Spoilers) (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    BLADESMAN1889BLADESMAN1889 Posts: 657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    xKatieLx wrote: »
    I don't really get the big deal about her leaving or some of the love for her on here. I thought she was one of Casualty's poorer characters. :o

Agreed :D
  • Options
    Collins1965Collins1965 Posts: 13,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't realise how disgruntled the actor who plays Charlie was about the move to Cardiff. I wonder if he will leave the series because of it?

It wouldn't devastate me if he did. I like Charlie, but he wouldn't be one of my absolute favourite characters.

Good to see that Jordan got the all clear on the mri. Doesn't have to go back for another check up for 18 mths. Yay!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 109
    Forum Member
    I thought they'd brought them is as newly qualified, not students...

i always thought that staff nurse was a promotion from student..the next rung in the ladder so to speak... but all i have to go on tbh is my collection of 'sue barton' books lol :p:o
  • Options
    Jay LeeJay Lee Posts: 4,130
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't realise how disgruntled the actor who plays Charlie was about the move to Cardiff. I wonder if he will leave the series because of it?

It wouldn't devastate me if he did. I like Charlie, but he wouldn't be one of my absolute favourite characters.

Good to see that Jordan got the all clear on the mri. Doesn't have to go back for another check up for 18 mths. Yay!!!

I am in two minds about this. I can see how "Casualty" can cope without Derek Thompson as Charlie Fairhead - he has been "disappearing" for a good number of episodes in recent years and for the large part, you no longer notice this (when Thompson first began "disappearing" during series, it was more pronounced as, up until a point, he had been in virtually every episode of "Casualty").

HOWEVER, another part of me thinks Charlie Fairhead is part of "Casualty"'s DNA. "Casualty" without Charlie full stop would be strange... and it would be sad for the series to lose the only character that remains from the original 1986 cast. Very sad.

And I really sympathise with Derek Thompson, actually, in moving the series from Bristol. In some ways, the whole dynamic of the programme will shift: the locations we see on screen, the relationship the crew had with the Bristol Infirmary, including the doctors, nurses and paramedics who advise on the show. It all seems like a calculated move on the BBC's part just to save some money.
  • Options
    jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cant really see why anybody couldnt still be based in bristol and commute to Cardiff daily you can easily get there in about 45 minutes, i actually live in bristol, so they could stay in bristol, and go to work like normal people.

Bristol will loose a lot from not having Casualty, being based here, my dad used to work for cemetarys in bristol, and was involved in most cemetary scenes, that casuallty has done for the last 20 years, he had say, if they could actually do the funerals and such, bristol city countil have said they could loose 25 million. Sorry about the rant
  • Options
    NonamooseNonamoose Posts: 1,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kessie63 wrote: »
    i always thought that staff nurse was a promotion from student..the next rung in the ladder so to speak... but all i have to go on tbh is my collection of 'sue barton' books lol :p:o

You are right, student nurse qualifies to become staff nurse.

And there's a blast from the past. I loved Sue Barton!!!! :-D I think it was her who made me want to go into nursing - well her and Charlie Fairhead :)
  • Options
    OsusanaOsusana Posts: 7,536
    Forum Member
    Eurostar wrote: »
    Bizarrely, the staff never seem to date anyone from outside the medical profession.

If the producers are determined to have romances on the show, why not introduce regular characters who don't actually work at the hospital?

I've commented on this before - I have never known a more romantically dysfunctional set of fictional characters. I've worked in and around hospitals for 30 years and know that many of the staff have stable, happy relationships, often with.............shock...........horror...............people outside of the hospital microworld;)

As for the Mads argument - didn't like her, one expression that was meant to convey anger, lust, disapproval and happiness. Glad she's gone
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    Spoiler for Saturday 10th September. Interesting...
    Casualty – To Have And Have Not
    Saturday 10 September
    Time to be confirmed BBC ONE

Tension becomes tenderness as Ruth and Jay save a boy's life in this week's visit to Holby City.

Young Jesse has fallen from a rope ladder and keeps blacking out. Ruth and Jay treat him but as his condition worsens he needs urgent surgery to relieve the pressure in his brain.

In CDU, Lloyd is responsible for observing the injured Seb, a cantankerous old man who's desperate to get home to his wife. He slips away and Lloyd races after him making a horrifying discovery at Seb's house. But Seb's life is at risk and Lloyd is desperate to save him.

At the end of the shift, Ruth is grateful for Jay's support during the day. Her gesture of thanks seems to rekindle tenderness between them.

Georgia Taylor stars as Ruth, Ben Turner as Jay, Michael Obiora as Lloyd and Julian Glover as Seb.
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds fab!
  • Options
    Tangledweb7Tangledweb7 Posts: 3,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ruth is grateful for Jay's support during the day. Her gesture of thanks seems to rekindle tenderness between them.

At Last;)
  • Options
    OneTreeHillFanOneTreeHillFan Posts: 7,725
    Forum Member
    YAY, great spoiler :)
    Just watched Saturdays episode and don't really think much of the new nurses so far - I didn't like how they were trying to shove down our throats how attractive the girl nurse was, we can all see she's pretty.

Lee Mead and the boy were good, was nice to see Ruth being a bit more social:)
  • Options
    Carly287Carly287 Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    Ruth is grateful for Jay's support during the day. Her gesture of thanks seems to rekindle tenderness between them.

About time! Been waiting ages:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

At Last;)

The romantic in me approves of your spoiler. It's about time Ruth got happy, poor little sausage has had a pretty rubbishy year.
  • Options
    Tangledweb7Tangledweb7 Posts: 3,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And since Adam's gone they can concentrate on the serious storyline AKA Ruth and Jay.;):)
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yay I hope they do :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    that spoiler sounds amazing :)

and for tonights episode, i nearly didn't recognize Tina O'Brien!
  • Options
    Pandora.Pandora. Posts: 21,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who plays Annie? I recognise her a bit...
  • Options
    monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 57,012
    Forum Member
    Becky245 wrote: »
    that spoiler sounds amazing :)

and for tonights episode, i nearly didn't recognize Tina O'Brien!

me neither i had to double check on the cast list lol
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One of the casualty writers has a serious crush on Greg House...

OMFG what on earth was that ending? Jay saying not to get too involved and get on with the job one minute and cosying up on a patients bed to slack off the next.... poor.
  • Options
    monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 57,012
    Forum Member
    still no mads mention :(
  • Options
    Jennifer JayneJennifer Jayne Posts: 9,022
    Forum Member
    Cyeic wrote: »
    One of the casualty writers has a serious crush on Greg House...

OMFG what on earth was that ending? Jay saying not to get too involved and get on with the job one minute and cosying up on a patients bed to slack off the next.... poor.

That was not to get too emotionally involved when someone dies, a doctor/nurse needs to keep some kind of detatchment (not let a death get to them) or it will start to wear them down everytime a patient dies.
    The final scene is different because the patient wasn't dying,
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty good this week lots going on which i always like

I liked lloyd & scarlett's reaction to their first death, very believable - i kept screaming at the TV for scarlett to TIE HER HAIR BACK!

Despite knowing i could never personally work with him, i find dylan's total lack of any people skills hilarious
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really enjoyed tonight's episode. i turned off x factor for it haha
  • Options
    Jay LeeJay Lee Posts: 4,130
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Having an internal monologue about little pricks." Ha ha ha ha ha, that has got to be one of the funniest lines I've ever heard in "Casualty". I know he isn't really rated on these boards, but Dylan Keogh is a wonderful character. Obviously he's by no means realistic but William Beck makes him so watchable.

Didn't like the "cosy" ending. It felt out of place in what was otherwise quite a decent episode.

Why is Scarlett not tying back her hair, as Ruth instructed her to last week? Is this bad continuity or is it a case of "Casualty" producers prioritising the beauty of their actors over realism? Terrible on both counts, if you ask me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jay Lee wrote: »
    "Having an internal monologue about little pricks." Ha ha ha ha ha, that has got to be one of the funniest lines I've ever heard in "Casualty". I know he isn't really rated on these boards, but Dylan Keogh is a wonderful character. Obviously he's by no means realistic but William Beck makes him so watchable.

Didn't like the "cosy" ending. It felt out of place in what was otherwise quite a decent episode.

Why is Scarlett not tying back her hair, as Ruth instructed her to last week? Is this bad continuity or is it a case of "Casualty" producers prioritising the beauty of their actors over realism? Terrible on both counts, if you ask me.

i love dylan! lol hes so dry witted, i find him hillarious! he brightens up an episode with his eye rolling and witty comments! lol

i too didnt like the awwww loved up ending,,, im not convinced in a hospital setting that would happen,

and i agree.. the first thing i thought of when i seen that nurse was DEAR GOD TIE THAT HAIR BACK! woman dont make ruth tell you twice!.. :D
This discussion has been closed.