Options

The Ratings Thread (Part 64)

Comments

• Options
    West End BoyWest End Boy Posts: 870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hawaii Five-O has got to be one of Sky1's most consistent performers. Now in it's fifth season - and still pulling in good numbers and up on last few weeks too.

Season averages:

Season 1: 863k
    Season 2: 1.08m
    Season 3: 876k (inc +: 997k)
    Season 4: 826k (inc +: 931k)
    Season 5: 851k (inc +1: 920k)*

*still airing (4-more consolidated numbers still to come but most likely will be around the season 4 average)

Home Fires started well - about a million more than I was expecting. And Palladium also put in a good rating. Overall, not a bad weekend for ITV - with the exception of Celeb Squares and Play It To The Whistle.

For itv this is nothing short of tremendous ;-)
  • Options
    cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stv viewer wrote: »
    I can understand why the first series had different hosts as itv didnt have much time to find another host after Peter Kay pulled out but the second series should have had one host only

I didn't know Peter Kay pulled out. He would have been a good host.
  • Options
    Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For itv this is nothing short of tremendous ;-)

Ninja and BGT doing very good business, Palladium quite good with catch up. However, tomorrow should be the usual flopzone, 3.5 hours of foreign football that only a football anorak cares about. The end of the Champions League can't come too soon for ITV.
  • Options
    excel99excel99 Posts: 744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How did Ninja Warrior's repeat rate yesterday at 1750 - quite a prominent slot for a repeat
  • Options
    Jay LeeJay Lee Posts: 4,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Countryfile and Antiques Roadshow topped the night for BBC One with 5.42m and 5.22m respectively. Good, solid performers.
  • Options
    LHolmesLHolmes Posts: 13,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Servalan wrote: »
    I don't know if the FMs branding The C Word as too depressing actually watched it, because I'd argue that wasn't the case at all: considering the subject matter, it was a good balance of poignant and funny, and managed to be uplifting despite its subject matter. I'd be curious what the final consolidated/iPlayer comes to - because it certainly wasn't the gloom-fest some people seem to have been expecting.
    I agree. It wasn't as depressing as some, who would never go near a BBC drama, have suggested. It was tinged with sadness but also really funny throughout, the sheer spirit of the girl was life-affirming. A shame it lost out to a ten-a-penny drama on the other side, I hope it makes up the difference on iPlayer.
  • Options
    hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The C Word is one of these who could get a good iPlayer number today.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Enfield Haunting spooks over 750k on Sky Living

The Enfield Haunting opened to over 750,000 viewers on Sky Living on Sunday night, overnight data suggests.

Timothy Spall's supernatural thriller was the second most-watched broadcast on the multichannels with 752k (3.4%) at 9pm.

ITV's new Women's Institute drama Home Fires rallied 4.82m (21.8%) at 9pm (519k/3.1% on +1), while Sheridan Smith's The C-Word on BBC One was seen by 3.79m (17.4%) at 8.30pm.

Earlier on in the evening, Celebrity Squares and Sunday Night at the Palladium entertained 1.77m (9.3%) and 4.0m (18.9%) respectively (45k/0.2% and 228k/1.0%).

As usual, Countryfile topped the night's ratings with 5.42m (30.8%), while Antiques Roadshow collected 5.22m (26.1%).

On Channel 4, 8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown returned with 1.09m (5.0%) at 9pm (320k/2.0%), and Henning Wehn's An Immigrant's Guide to Britain pulled in 780k (4.3%) from 10pm (214k/1.9%).

Channel 5 aired Legally Blonde to 813k (4.1%) at 7.10pm (133k/0.6%) and Resident Evil: Afterlife to 801k (4.1%) at 9pm (108k/0.8%).

BBC Two's Snooker World Championship coverage pocketed 1.95m (9.5%).

Elsewhere, BBC Three's showing of Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull roped in 918k (4.2%) from 8.05pm.
  • Options
    stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cylon6 wrote: »
    I didn't know Peter Kay pulled out. He would have been a good host.

He made some strange requests for guests

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/peter-kay-pulls-out-itv-4181242
  • Options
    Dan RDan R Posts: 2,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shame about no consolidated numbers today :-/ I wanted to update my BGT graphs! :P :P
  • Options
    Dan RDan R Posts: 2,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good figure for the C Word. I myself wouldn't consider watching it as it's far too distressing. I've heard it was quite well-done though.
  • Options
    davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New Channel 4 drama No Offence trailed during the Corrie ad break. Looks like Channel 4 is really pushing this one. Could this buck the trend and be a drama hit for 4?

The channel has done very well these last couple of weeks and there doesn't seem to be much competition at 9pm tomorrow, and it's a new cop show - police procedurals are usually easy genres to turn into rating hits. I think it'll get a decent sampling from the viewers tomorrow.
  • Options
    yorkie100yorkie100 Posts: 9,372
    Forum Member
    New Channel 4 drama No Offence trailed during the Corrie ad break. Looks like Channel 4 is really pushing this one. Could this buck the trend and be a drama hit for 4?

The channel has done very well these last couple of weeks and there doesn't seem to be much competition at 9pm tomorrow, and it's a new cop show - police procedurals are usually easy genres to turn into rating hits. I think it'll get a decent sampling from the viewers tomorrow.

Its supposed to be a comedy though I think.
  • Options
    davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yorkie100 wrote: »
    Its supposed to be a comedy though I think.

Ah yeah, it's billed as a 'comedy drama'. I guess there's a danger it could go the same way as Babylon, it sounds similar to that and that bombed.
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jay Lee wrote: »
    Countryfile and Antiques Roadshow topped the night for BBC One with 5.42m and 5.22m respectively. Good, solid performers.

Antiques Roadshow wasn't shown in Scotland, they had an election debate
  • Options
    grahamzxygrahamzxy Posts: 11,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Snooker is very tight, should be a great rating - no competition now on the other channels aside from BBC News. It is definitely going to overrun though.
  • Options
    ScoreScore Posts: 17,288
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if Safe House will drop again? It has been doing OK but took a sizeable hit last week and reviews have been mixed. If it falls much further it could be kissing goodbye to that second series they've mentioned.
    LHolmes wrote: »
    I agree. It wasn't as depressing as some, who would never go near a BBC drama, have suggested. It was tinged with sadness but also really funny throughout, the sheer spirit of the girl was life-affirming. A shame it lost out to a ten-a-penny drama on the other side, I hope it makes up the difference on iPlayer.

I'm sure it was an incredibly well made drama and was the things you have said it was, but people will have had their reasons for not wanting to watch it and I think you demeaning that by putting it down to some childish network bias is pathetic, rude and insulting.
  • Options
    BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,674
    Forum Member
    grahamzxy wrote: »
    Snooker is very tight, should be a great rating - no competition now on the other channels aside from BBC News. It is definitely going to overrun though.
    Not a big snooker fan but I was delighted that Stuart Bingham won. He deserved it.

An enjoyable final.
  • Options
    LHolmesLHolmes Posts: 13,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Score wrote: »
    I'm sure it was an incredibly well made drama and was the things you have said it was, but people will have had their reasons for not wanting to watch it and I think you demeaning that by putting it down to some childish network bias is pathetic, rude and insulting.
    That wasn't my intention at all, but there are posters on this thread who give the impression that they stick to certain channels. The posts about people being put off by the drama's content did seem like they came from people who didn't watch it, and if you don't watch something you can't really have an opinion on its content.
  • Options
    yorkie100yorkie100 Posts: 9,372
    Forum Member
    Dancc wrote: »
    Not a big snooker fan but I was delighted that Stuart Bingham won. He deserved it.

An enjoyable final.

First time I have watched the final for years and it was really tense and the nice guy won as well.
  • Options
    BushmillsBushmills Posts: 2,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Safe House - 4.2m (4.4m inc +1)
    VE Day - 2.8m
    Snooker - 3,3m average (peaked at 4.5m)
    Stranger on the Bridge - 1.4m (1.6m)
    Gotham - 900k (1m)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bushmills wrote: »
    Safe House - 4.2m (4.4m inc +1)
    VE Day - 2.8m
    Snooker - 3,3m average (peaked at 4.5m)
    Stranger on the Bridge - 1.4m (1.6m)
    Gotham - 900k (1m)

Thanks Bushmills. An underwhelming Bank Holiday. Safe House not the big rater I expected it to be. Anything for the soaps or slow TV on BBC4?

Also does anybody know how Tatau is doing on BBC3?
  • Options
    jlp95bwfcjlp95bwfc Posts: 18,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LHolmes wrote: »
    That wasn't my intention at all, but there are posters on this thread who give the impression that they stick to certain channels. The posts about people being put off by the drama's content did seem like they came from people who didn't watch it, and if you don't watch something you can't really have an opinion on its content.

Surely the point being made was that there were many people who didn't watch it because it was about cancer (I was one of them). I doubt they care whether it was heartwarming and funny or not when they've been through it themselves. I'm a massive fan of Sheridan Smith but I didn't watch as I didn't want to watch a drama so close to home for myself. But no it must be because I hate the BBC. How insulting. And no I didn't watch Home Fires either.
  • Options
    stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cylon6 wrote: »
    Thanks Bushmills. An underwhelming Bank Holiday. Safe House not the big rater I expected it to be. Anything for the soaps or slow TV on BBC4?

Also does anybody know how Tatau is doing on BBC3?
    I think a lot of people will be recording Safe House and watching it later skipping the ads
This discussion has been closed.