Options

Coronation Street - Suspension of Reality (Part 8)

Comments

• Options
    HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Devs eyebrows are getting creepier by the week. They are now so arched and plucked that he looks startled. Also what was that extra bit of curly hair on the front of his brow line last night. Even hubby noticed and he seldom watches Corrie.
  • Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mel94 wrote: »
    I remember Kal telling Dev that he had to ask his dad for help with the money on the condition that he'd be a silent partner but he seems to be misunderstood on the silent part :D

Literally a partner? I'd have thought a limited company was more likely than a partnership. If it's a partnership then I assume Dev would have to agree, and they'd need to completely rewrite the partnership agreement.

Err...they do have a partnership agreement, I take it?
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Which would save a hell of a lot time as they are becoming more and more frequent. The only issue with this is she would have to be wearing the same outfit as it would interfere with continuity.

The only continuity they'd have to worry about is her tan, but then they could just add tints or change the contrast in post-production to make the scene look fresh and different from the last one.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't understand why Beth said something along the lines of other girls being prettier at school, and she now wanted what others had (a change from previously not caring how she was seen). When she was introduced, it was established that Steve had gone out with her when they were teenagers, and she'd been a beauty who was well out of his league.
  • Options
    hatpeghatpeg Posts: 3,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand why Beth said something along the lines of other girls being prettier at school, and she now wanted what others had (a change from previously not caring how she was seen). When she was introduced, it was established that Steve had gone out with her when they were teenagers, and she'd been a beauty who was well out of his league.

Well spotted - i remember that, she was a cracker when Steve first knew her, and when she turned up in later years, she had a tooth missing and Steve was really disapointed in how she had changed.
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Mel94 wrote: »
    Why was Katie shopping at Dev's when it was apparently too expensive for Izzy to afford about 2 weeks ago? Surely there are cheaper alternatives?
    Yes, didn't make sense. And it was too expensive for Lady Muck Anna when she wanted washing up powder a month back, and cans last week.
    Janet43 wrote: »
    They could save a lot of money on production by just filming Tina asking if she can go on her break just once and inserting a recording of it at appropriate points in each episode.
    Every time Tina now says "Can I go on my break now" I actually laugh!

I never really noticed it until I started reading/posting on this thread!!
    :D:D
    Picture the funeral. Liz sobbing into a tissue, Steve consoling her with Michelle standing and folding her arms from afar. The Corrie women wearing all black, Rita with a ridiculous hat.

"Well love, you're on a break. A well earnt one. You can take as long as you want, y'hear!"
    That shoehorned scene of Tina pretending to take a photo of Tony, Rob and Tracy - purely just to add 3 more suspects to her impending murder.
    I agree, the shop scene was terrible. I was genuinely embarassed whilst watching it.
    ewoodie wrote: »
    How likely is it that they would both harrass and plead with Dev or Sharif, at the same time and whilst walking from opposite ends of the street, meeting up at the Rovers and both be given the job on the quiet?;-)
    Stupid scene. I found it funny when Dev and Sherif both said there had to be an interview as a 'formality', what like a cosy chat in t'Rovers? :p
  • Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, didn't make sense. And it was too expensive for Lady Muck Anna when she wanted washing up powder a month back, and cans last week.

Yeah, like the Windybum-Armstrongs would even bother washing-up plates and stuff anyway. They'd just do what grunters Fiz and Ty Trotter do across the road and lick their plates clean! :D:o
  • Options
    davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, like the Windybum-Armstrongs would even bother washing-up plates and stuff anyway. They'd just do what grunters Fiz and Ty Trotter do across the road and lick their plates clean! :D:o

Lawd!! That's enough to put me off food for a week. :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lawd!! That's enough to put me off food for a week. :o

There are some gross families in Corrie. There's Fiz and Ty with their burnt pie and disgusting sty of a house, the Windybum-Armstrongs with that carrot and pasta bake and let's not forget Beth's cooking and that special meal.......... :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotgossip wrote: »
    Devs eyebrows are getting creepier by the week. They are now so arched and plucked that he looks startled. Also what was that extra bit of curly hair on the front of his brow line last night. Even hubby noticed and he seldom watches Corrie.
    After the murder he's hoping to become the street's new Tina!
  • Options
    sam_geesam_gee Posts: 48,962
    Forum Member
    There are some gross families in Corrie. There's Fiz and Ty with their burnt pie and disgusting sty of a house, the Windybum-Armstrongs with that carrot and pasta bake and let's not forget Beth's cooking and that special meal.......... :o

And much as I love Tim, his cheese and potato pie didn't sound too good.
  • Options
    pegasus2pegasus2 Posts: 5,293
    Forum Member
    sam_gee wrote: »
    But worst of the lot has to be Dierdre's stuffed marrow.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sam_gee wrote: »

Is that a local dish?
  • Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why would you talk about two interview candidates in earshot so they could hear the feedback!
  • Options
    Doctor_DonnaDoctor_Donna Posts: 825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why would you talk about two interview candidates in earshot so they could hear the feedback!

And why realistically would you even consider Gail over Kateh? Who's even been into a gym and seen a receptionist over the age of 25?

Young, pretty Maria stalking Tyrone....seriously?

Not a SOR but is Chesney morphing into Sloth off the Goonies?
  • Options
    Tom_MullenTom_Mullen Posts: 893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why were dev and Sharif discussing the job in earshot of Gail and Katie, why didn't they just discuss it in the office.:confused: The whole scene was ridiculous. also why did they turn up for the interview at the same time, wouldn't they have been given different interview times:confused:
  • Options
    RealityRocksRealityRocks Posts: 4,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is that a local dish?

I live in Manchester and have cheese and potato pie at least once a month, it is lovely! Especially with baked beans, or green beans if you're being posh.
  • Options
    RealityRocksRealityRocks Posts: 4,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tom_Mullen wrote: »
    Why were dev and Sharif discussing the job in earshot of Gail and Katie, why didn't they just discuss it in the office.:confused: The whole scene was ridiculous. also why did they turn up for the interview at the same time, wouldn't they have been given different interview times:confused:

It was especially stupid because Gail has a cleaning job at the bistro (and sometimes waits on tables) and she looks after David and Kylie's invisible baby, too. So she could only ever have applied for a part time job. Katie too has a child who is too young for free childcare and a family who all work, and would need part time shifts to fit in with Chesney's job at the kebab shop. So there was little need for the competition.

..Katie saying she'd love to ogle the men in shorts... I have never ever before seen a gym where the reception is within the gym itself so anyone off the street can just walk in and see the people working out, potentially get to the changing areas etc. It seems to be smaller inside than the bistro is, but in the same space?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Very, very unprofessional. Was the job even advertised to the local community, because that's usually a formality?

No need to check for references of course. Katy, cheeky mare for suggesting an extra pound in the pay. Anywhere else and she wouldn't get a look in for the job.

Plus the two candidates live in..........you guessed it, Weatherfield! Full employment in the town -- Esther McVey would be so proud of them. Gail's managed to bag two jobs close to home, lucky her. :kitty:

How deranged is Maria? Tyrone is an idiot. And Fiz would happily wash her hands off him after Kirsty....talk about heat of the moment.
  • Options
    priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know it's been mentioned a million times on here, but who looks after the kids??
    Today Katy/Owen/Anna were in the Rovers, Chesney/Fiz/Tyrone/Maria were in the park.. I feel sorry for Emily, she must be a robot.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did anyone notice that it took half an episode for Tracey to come down the stairs and out of the door. Maria had had her chat with Audrey, and met Tyrone in the park in less time than it took for Tracey to lock Peter in and see Carla as she came out of the door. Very bad continuity there.
  • Options
    Mark_WilkinsonMark_Wilkinson Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    I'll tell you what an SOR is.......... Tyrone not having an affair with Maria. What man in his right mind would stay with the skip lizard that is Fiz, when he has someone else interested in him.
  • Options
    MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can I just ask - is Eva looking for somewhere to stay? I'll clear out the spare room for the wife !;-):D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    priscilla wrote: »
    I know it's been mentioned a million times on here, but who looks after the kids??
    Today Katy/Owen/Anna were in the Rovers, Chesney/Fiz/Tyrone/Maria were in the park.. I feel sorry for Emily, she must be a robot.
    What's happened to baby Jake? Izzy and Gary have gone through hell trying to conceive and convincing Tina they were his rightful parents........now he doesn't seem to get a look in. They can't pay rent, the bills -- who feels the brunt? Jake of course.

And he turns one in a week or so -- I'd expect they'll throw a party for him..........not.

Windass-Armstrong clan frittering their money in t'Rovers. What was the special occassion exactly? Another family that moans about financial difficulties, yet it isn't hard to see why they are struggling. Mockery of 'cost of living crisis'.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll tell you what an SOR is.......... Tyrone not having an affair with Maria. What man in his right mind would stay with the skip lizard that is Fiz, when he has someone else interested in him.

Judging from the looks Maria gave Fiz in the park and outside the house, the biggest SOR for me is that we are probably meant to feel great sympathy for poor Fiz and think Maria is a bitch. Well, I don't because I don't like Fiz. And all that stamping about, shouting, whinging and overacting she did tonight doesn't help.
This discussion has been closed.