Options

Coronation Street - Suspension of Reality (Part 8)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What was the point of that cringeworthy scene in the shoip and the no doubt forthcoming arguements over who should have the job. They would need AT LEAST 2 receptionists anyway, one person cannot be there ALL the time that the gym is open.

P.S/ - Is Lloyd still in the private room that is reserved for Street residents?
  • Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jsmith99 wrote: »
    I have a horrible feeling it was supposed to be a comedy scene. It was just ridiculous, and I felt embarrassed watching it.

How on earth can katy take a job anyway? With gary, owen and anna all working, who's looking after the invisible, silent infant?

After going into the back alley and texting tyrone, pretending to be kirsty, maria then immediately rang fizz. Fiz's phone showed either maria's new number (how?) or the number from which kirsty was texting.

It was undoubtedly meant to be a comedy scene. Corrie have become far too heavy handed with these 'hilarious' scenes. Then there are other comedy scenes which they just repeat like smart, strong clever Michelle and silly Steve.

This and the usual Tina hasselling Peter scene and the Fiz continually glaring at Todd in the cafe scene to show us she was annoyed with him made tonight's Corrie even worse than usual.
  • Options
    Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,569
    Forum Member
    Why was Katie shopping at Dev's when it was apparently too expensive for Izzy to afford about 2 weeks ago? Surely there are cheaper alternatives?

I hated the over the top conversation Dev and Sharif (?) had about the receptionist, did they really need to go into that much detail about the qualities a receptionist at a one roomed gym would need? And also, wouldn't Gail approach Dev instead of Sharif considering Dev has known her for years and Sharif has only seen her at the gym or in the Bistro so far. Not looking forward to the over the top battle between Katie and Gail to prove who is worthy of the job, only for them both to get it in the end.
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think what made that "comedy" scene in Dev's shop worse was the silly, over-exaggerated manner that both Gail and Katie were meandering around the shop with their baskets*rolleyes*
  • Options
    HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    amysmum wrote: »
    What was the point of that cringeworthy scene in the shoip and the no doubt forthcoming arguements over who should have the job. They would need AT LEAST 2 receptionists anyway, one person cannot be there ALL the time that the gym is open.

P.S/ - Is Lloyd still in the private room that is reserved for Street residents?

Remember when Martin Platt worked there and treated everybody from Corrie?:D:D
  • Options
    c120701c120701 Posts: 718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not just 'a good barmaid' but 'me best barmaid'. :D

To be fair she is as Tina is the only barmaid now.
  • Options
    TrebleKingTrebleKing Posts: 2,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why does no one ever notice that Tina takes a break and nips to the smoking area whenever Peter goes there? Every bloody time, or the other way round. Why does no one cotton on?
  • Options
    Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    They could save a lot of money on production by just filming Tina asking if she can go on her break just once and inserting a recording of it at appropriate points in each episode.
  • Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Janet43 wrote: »
    They could save a lot of money on production by just filming Tina asking if she can go on her break just once and inserting a recording of it at appropriate points in each episode.

Every time Tina now says "Can I go on my break now" I actually laugh!

I never really noticed it until I started reading/posting on this thread!!
  • Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mel94 wrote: »
    ................. And also, wouldn't Gail approach Dev instead of Sharif.......................

I seem to remember that sharif actually had no role in the gym's ownership or management. Didn't he come in originally merely to give advice? Even if he put money in, wouldn't that be a loan? I certainly don't remember Dev being consulted about it.
  • Options
    radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That shoehorned scene of Tina pretending to take a photo of Tony, Rob and Tracy - purely just to add 3 more suspects to her impending murder.
  • Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That shoehorned scene of Tina pretending to take a photo of Tony, Rob and Tracy - purely just to add 3 more suspects to her impending murder.

I just wish it would hurry up and happen!
  • Options
    EmrysEmrys Posts: 249
    Forum Member
    amysmum wrote: »

Not to mention a few people manning desks for new members to join at...
    Surely this should have been thought about before the gym opened? And once again, both Gail and Katie have both been practically promised the job without applying or interview. Oh to live in the world of soap!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Like a lot of Corrie, it was transparent and very heavy-handed.
  • Options
    Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    I too hated the shop scene. As soon as dev and sharif mentioned a receptionist and we saw gail and katy in ear shot, they shouldve cut to another scene. It seemed endless!

In devs we only ever see people nipping in to grab something quick, never do you see main cast with baskets meandering like they were. And the facial expressions were ridiculous! From the first eye glance or smirk we got that they both heard the conversation and both wanted the job. Why did we need a whole scene? Are we stupid? Did anyone at all not twig what was going to happen until the last second of that scene?
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tt88 wrote: »
    I too hated the shop scene. As soon as dev and sharif mentioned a receptionist and we saw gail and katy in ear shot, they shouldve cut to another scene. It seemed endless!

In devs we only ever see people nipping in to grab something quick, never do you see main cast with baskets meandering like they were. And the facial expressions were ridiculous! From the first eye glance or smirk we got that they both heard the conversation and both wanted the job. Why did we need a whole scene? Are we stupid? Did anyone at all not twig what was going to happen until the last second of that scene?

According to the writers, yes.
    We really needed a 5 minute scene of Sharif and Dev loudly discussing how they NEEDED A RECEPTIONIST while Gail and Katy gurned and ham-fisted their way through it...
  • Options
    Toffee_AppleToffee_Apple Posts: 358
    Forum Member
    I agree, the shop scene was terrible. I was genuinely embarassed whilst watching it.
  • Options
    sheltsshelts Posts: 511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Regardless of how bad that scene was,as someone else said they need more than one anyway! job share between 3 so at least Deidre can get in on it, first aider maybe
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, the shop scene was terrible. I was genuinely embarassed whilst watching it.

How likely is it that they would both harrass and plead with Dev or Sharif, at the same time and whilst walking from opposite ends of the street, meeting up at the Rovers and both be given the job on the quiet?;-)
  • Options
    chestfieldchestfield Posts: 3,454
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, Gail will get the job, despite her previous. She'll either re-offend, or get found out, and will be sacked - again.

Then Katy will get the job, by default

Simples
  • Options
    Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Janet43 wrote: »

Which would save a hell of a lot time as they are becoming more and more frequent. The only issue with this is she would have to be wearing the same outfit as it would interfere with continuity.
  • Options
    Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,569
    Forum Member
    jsmith99 wrote: »
    I seem to remember that sharif actually had no role in the gym's ownership or management. Didn't he come in originally merely to give advice? Even if he put money in, wouldn't that be a loan? I certainly don't remember Dev being consulted about it.

I remember Kal telling Dev that he had to ask his dad for help with the money on the condition that he'd be a silent partner but he seems to be misunderstood on the silent part :D
  • Options
    ThumbolinaThumbolina Posts: 3,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Which would save a hell of a lot time as they are becoming more and more frequent. The only issue with this is she would have to be wearing the same outfit as it would interfere with continuity.

Continuity is a problem?:D
  • Options
    chestfieldchestfield Posts: 3,454
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

"Continuity" is not a word in the Corrie dictionary
  • Options
    GrannyGruntbuckGrannyGruntbuck Posts: 3,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chestfield wrote: »
    Oh, Gail will get the job, despite her previous. She'll either re-offend, or get found out, and will be sacked - again.

Then Katy will get the job, by default

Simples

They have already announced that Gail will get the job.
This discussion has been closed.