Options

Shia La Beouf -"A Woman Raped Me"

Comments

• Options
    mintchocchipmintchocchip Posts: 16,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A disturbing and disturbed person.

The guy seriously needs help and it's been clear for a while.

He's a Disney kid and I do wonder about the way they're looked after when working at such a young age.
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He does sound like he really needs help, whatever might or might not have happened. Not a well bunny, generally.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He should have made an excuse and left the room. A performance artist is not obliged to stay in character while being sexually assaulted.
  • Options
    ellesworthellesworth Posts: 919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Conehead wrote: »
    He should have made an excuse and left the room. A performance artist is not obliged to stay in character while being sexually assaulted.

From what I read he was tied to the chair and so couldnt leave.
  • Options
    wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ellesworth wrote: »
    From what I read he was tied to the chair and so couldnt leave.

Then he is putting himself in a very silly, vulnerable position amongst people he doesn't know and encouraging them to use implements on him, total strangers...

:o
  • Options
    FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    Conehead wrote: »

I'm not sure what happened, but if in fact he was raped, then no one can tell him how he should've reacted. Some people freeze when they are raped/attacked, and this in no way makes it their fault or them weird.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure what happened, but if in fact he was raped, then no one can tell him how he should've reacted. Some people freeze when they are raped/attacked, and this in no way makes it their fault or them weird.

Unless you tie yourself to a chair, offer up a range of implements, and specifically invite people to do what they want with you. At that point, you have to accept a degree of responsibility yourself, surely?

Not that I believe SBL's story anyway.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And therein lies the problem. Nobody's sure. It's all based on his word.

Were there cameras about in a venue that agreed to take part in such an act, even if just to legally cover themselves if anything happened in a private room? No security for a celeb?

So many details missing here at present.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A quick scout round the net shows that he WASN'T tied up during this art project. He could have stopped this woman at any time (he fancies himself as a bit of a tough guy), but CHOSE not to, in the same way he chose not to say anything to his girlfriend after it had happened because he wasn't 'allowed' to speak. If a man had walked in and started punching him in the face I'm willing to bet he wouldn't have jus sat there and accepted it in the name of art.

He wasn't raped, he's a lying s**t, and I hope his career is now ruined.
  • Options
    big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    kaybee15 wrote: »
    A quick scout round the net shows that he WASN'T tied up during this art project. He could have stopped this woman at any time (he fancies himself as a bit of a tough guy), but CHOSE not to, in the same way he chose not to say anything to his girlfriend after it had happened because he wasn't 'allowed' to speak. If a man had walked in and started punching him in the face I'm willing to bet he wouldn't have jus sat there and accepted it in the name of art.

What a horrible, ignorant post. 'Chose' not to stop the woman, seriously?

I find some of the flippant comments on this thread quite disappointing.
  • Options
    WhedoniteWhedonite Posts: 29,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unless you tie yourself to a chair, offer up a range of implements, and specifically invite people to do what they want with you. At that point, you have to accept a degree of responsibility yourself, surely?

Not that I believe SBL's story anyway.

Erm... no? Why would he anticipate being raped in public? Tying yourself to a chair isn't giving someone permission to rape you, just like wearing something revealing and walking down a dark alley isn't asking for rape.

You're vile if you truly believe this. Many people freeze during rape. Many many people. If your friend told you that some guy held her down and she just froze and couldn't fight, would you say she wasn't really raped? If so, seek help.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hold on. Are people assuming just he was sat on and made love to by this woman or by raped he means she stuck something into a cavity of his, aka one of these 'implements' fans are allowed to trot in with?

But then we are also saying he wasn't restrained and she had time to undress him as well?

Where to even begin knowing where the truth is...the whole thing just seems chaotic. I don't even know why he'd do this kind of thing to start with, knowing strangers might be out to harm.

Guys, the floor is all your's. I'm outta this one.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wilehelmas wrote: »
    Hold on. Are people assuming just he was sat on and made love to by this woman or by raped he means she stuck something into a cavity of his, aka one of these 'implements' fans are allowed to trot in with?

But then we are also saying he wasn't restrained and she had time to undress him as well?

Where to even begin knowing where the truth is...the whole thing just seems chaotic.

He wasn't "made love" to. Why would anyone refer to rape as that?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whedonite wrote: »
    He wasn't "made love" to. Why would anyone refer to rape as that?

Because it's not evident he's BEEN raped. He could be yanking your chain for all you know.

Honestly, you can battle this one out between you. I neither believe or disbelieve him but something's off about it and given this is Hollyweird, nothing would surprise I'm afraid. Good day.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    big dan wrote: »
    What a horrible, ignorant post. 'Chose' not to stop the woman, seriously?

I find some of the flippant comments on this thread quite disappointing.

I think it certainly shows that male rape still remains a taboo. Then on top of that we live in a society where rape rarely gets reported, rarely leads to a conviction and has a culture of victim blaming. While disappointing i wouldn't say any comments are unique
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    big dan / whedonite

If either of you think I am in any way disparaging victims of rape you are sorely mistaken. Head on over to the GD forum and check the Ched Evans thread for how I feel about rape and the people who perpetrate it.

What annoys me almost as much is people who treat the subject with disdain, as LaBoeuf is doing here. He is trying to get attention, yet again, and I find him appalling. Because I utterly refuse to believe his story.

He was not restrained in any way. He has a history of physical confrontation, and of bare-faced lying. He chose not to call for assistance (it would be very surprising if there were no security at the venue). He sat there while the woman undressed him.He sat there while the woman whipped him. He continued with his performance immediately after being 'raped'. He would not discuss the 'rape' with his girlfriend immediately afterwards as he was still in character. The 'rapist' was happily telling everyone in the queue what had happened, and her boyfriend appeared remarkably unconcerned.
    whedonite wrote:
    If your friend told you that some guy held her down and she just froze and couldn't fight, would you say she wasn't really raped?
    No-one held him down. Irrelevant, and insulting to people who actually HAVE been raped.
    big dan wrote:
    . 'Chose' not to stop the woman, seriously?
    Yes, seriously. He made no attempt to stop this 'assault' at all. SLB is a fit, healthy 28 year old male. It is very difficult to conceive how a woman could possibly overpower him enough to not only rape him, but do so undetected.

He was NOT raped.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wilehelmas wrote: »
    Because it's not evident he's BEEN raped. He could be yanking your chain for all you know.

Honestly, you can battle this one out between you. I neither believe or disbelieve him but something's off about it and given this is Hollyweird, nothing would surprise I'm afraid. Good day.

Except the phrasing in your post made it sound like you were referring to rape as making love. "Hold on. Are people assuming just he was sat on and made love to by this woman or by raped he means she stuck something into a cavity of his, aka one of these 'implements' fans are allowed to trot in with?". You were still referring to it as rape.

Even if it was a consensual act, she was a stranger. What love are we talking about?
    big dan / whedonite

If either of you think I am in any way disparaging victims of rape you are sorely mistaken. Head on over to the GD forum and check the Ched Evans thread for how I feel about rape and the people who perpetrate it.

What annoys me almost as much is people who treat the subject with disdain, as LaBoeuf is doing here. He is trying to get attention, yet again, and I find him appalling. Because I utterly refuse to believe his story.

He was not restrained in any way. He has a history of physical confrontation, and of bare-faced lying. He chose not to call for assistance (it would be very surprising if there were no security at the venue). He sat there while the woman undressed him.He sat there while the woman whipped him. He continued with his performance immediately after being 'raped'. He would not discuss the 'rape' with his girlfriend immediately afterwards as he was still in character. The 'rapist' was happily telling everyone in the queue what had happened, and her boyfriend appeared remarkably unconcerned.

No-one held him down. Irrelevant, and insulting to people who actually HAVE been raped.

Yes, seriously. He made no attempt to stop this 'assault' at all. SLB is a fit, healthy 28 year old male. It is very difficult to conceive how a woman could possibly overpower him enough to not only rape him, but do so undetected.

He was NOT raped.

Except you are disparaging certain victims of rape and you just did it again. You're basically claiming that sex doesn't need to be consensual. Doing nothing =/= consent.

So basically, if someone climbs on top of someone and proceeds to have sex with them without permission, it's not rape if the victim freezes. Unless you put up a fight, it's consensual. There's no such thing as a victim who goes into shock and doesn't know what to do.

We don't know what happened, but to say it's not rape because he didn't do anything is an insult. Not everyone reacts the same way to something so shocking.

This reminds me of the time my old best friend put his hand on my arse and I froze in shock and fear. Not fear of him necessarily, but fear of what was happening. I didn't want to do anything and thankfully it was left at that. Very very mild in comparison to what we're discussing, but excusing rape because the victim didn't react in a way that you approve of is just disgusting to me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So Hollywood actor Shia LaBeouf, a man not known for being the retiring type, was struck completely dumb and immobile with shock whilst being raped, despite the multitude of people around who could have assisted. Fortunately, he then recovered sufficiently to immediately carry on with his performance, including staying in character with his own girlfriend.

You're falling for this? Really? :o
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never Nude wrote: »
    I think it certainly shows that male rape still remains a taboo. Then on top of that we live in a society where rape rarely gets reported, rarely leads to a conviction and has a culture of victim blaming. While disappointing i wouldn't say any comments are unique

I don't think any comment in this thread has shown that. People are not questioning the validity of Shia's claim because he's a man; it's because of his past behaviour.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How did he continue with the performance? What did he do afterwards? What was his character? As far as I'm aware, he was pretty stagnant and silent. Rape victims never act like that?

So now, if you don't have an immediate breakdown, it's all a lie? So many rules to how victims need to behave. I also wasn't aware that if you're not the retiring type that you can't freeze up. Good to know.

"When she came in she asked for an explanation, and I couldn’t speak, so we both sat with this unexplained trauma silently. It was painful."

If we were discussing an actress, would your attitude be the same? That only people who don't mentally and physically freeze are telling the truth?
  • Options
    BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    WutheringWuthering Posts: 1,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alcockell wrote: »
    The stigma is what kept me quiet for 20-30 years re my abuse.
    It was 2004 before a counsellor told me what happened to me was rape.

"Men are always up for it" is a nasty myth...
    Mix it in with the Feminist Pussypass...

Just thought I'd leave that there.

There are some really ugly, uncalled for comments being thrown at Shia (not here, that I've seen) which is terrible. People can be skeptical without being nasty and degrading.

I'm sorry for what happened to you.

And anyone who doesn't believe female on male rape can be a thing is an ignorant moron.
  • Options
    zelda fanzelda fan Posts: 6,330
    Forum Member
    alcockell wrote: »
    The stigma is what kept me quiet for 20-30 years re my abuse.
    It was 2004 before a counsellor told me what happened to me was rape.

"Men are always up for it" is a nasty myth...
    Mix it in with the Feminist Pussypass...

Just thought I'd leave that there.
    Indeed and it's the same with domestic abuse as many wrongly believe men can't be victims. Hopefully more guys are brave enough to admit when these things happen.
  • Options
    big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Had a woman made this allegation would the comments be the same.?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If he felt a crime had been committed and the assault took place at an art gallery, surely they'd have CCTV to refer to to identify the alleged person if he wanted to press charges and indeed he should sue the gallery for not providing a safe working environment. If he's not doing those things to prosecute the offender under the premise his naked art project is more important than making sure sexual abusers are punished for their crimes, then I am likely to believe this is empty hype for attention rather than speaking out to make sure others do too so justice is served.