Options

Google Nexus 10 32GB

cmorriscmorris Posts: 6,157
Forum Member
After a year of Samsung Tablet going wrong I have decided togo for a Google Nexus 10 32GB then later on a Nexus 5 phone.

Any Pros or Cone for the Google Nexus 10?

Floor is open!

Comments

• Options
    corfcorf Posts: 1,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its old and unlikely to be refreshed with a new model.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Are you talking about the phone
  • Options
    omnidirectionalomnidirectional Posts: 18,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got the Nexus 10 about 2 months ago and was apprehensive as it's an old tablet, first released in October 2012.

However it's been absolutely fine so far, and even runs the latest games without problems. I use it more than my Nexus 7 now. The display is stunning.

Here's my recent thread about whether to buy it or not: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1941865
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Does the Google Nexus 10 allow you to use USB devices?
  • Options
    ssrssr Posts: 297
    Forum Member
    Simply buy a dirt cheap OTG CABLE and plug in any USB MEMORY STICK
  • Options
    Forum Member
    How good is the charging unit on the nexus as the reason I had to give my Samsung Tablet back is it refused to charge, sometimes it did and sometimes it didn't
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cmorris wrote: »
    How good is the charging unit on the nexus as the reason I had to give my Samsung Tablet back is it refused to charge, sometimes it did and sometimes it didn't

I've not had a problem with charging but it does take a while with the standard USB charger (about 6 hours to go from <20% to 100%.).

It has a connection for an optional 'Pogo' charging cable which is supposedly faster, but I haven't tried that. http://www.amazon.co.uk/MagNector-Magnetic-Nexus-Charging-Cable/dp/B00B2166BS
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If I had a choice between Samsung Tablet and Google Tablet which one would you choose?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't like the TouchWiz interface on Samsung's own tablets, so my personal preference would be a Nexus simply because it runs original Android.

The Nexus 10 is made by Samsung though so in either case you're getting a Samsung device.
  • Options
    Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If I had a choice between Samsung Tablet and Google Tablet which one would you choose?

It depends on the particular tablets. I have a Samsung galaxy note 3, I like Samsung, however the nexus 10 is a better all round tablet than the tab 2 or 3. However I'd choose the Note 10.1 2014 or the galaxy tab pro 10.1 over the nexus 10.
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you believe the tech blogs there are different rumours coming out every day about a 2nd generation Nexus 10, but I'm sure most of it is clickbait. I'm very happy with my Nexus 7 but sometimes it would be nicer to have a bigger screen so I'd love a new model to be released. I'd buy it immediately.

I have looked at the Samsung 10 inchers but they are more expensive than I think I'd be willing to pay and I'm not a big fan of TouchWiz
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I have decided to go for this on

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Samsung-Google-Nexus-10-10-32-GB-Android-4-2-JellyBean-Wi-Fi-Tablet-Black/161267872680?_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222005%26algo%3DSIC.PROD%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140107083358%26meid%3D6176848858739829660%26pid%3D100011%26prg%3D20140107083358%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D10%26sd%3D251501975558

The only problem is I am worried about this statement

"This item in this listing is 100% brand new. This is a USA version supplied with an adapter"

Am I getting a UK or a USA version of this and should I be worried?
  • Options
    GeordiePaulGeordiePaul Posts: 1,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't be worried. You can buy a uk charger if you wish but this one should be fine.
  • Options
    c4rvc4rv Posts: 29,716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    corf wrote: »
    Its old and unlikely to be refreshed with a new model.

still one of the best spec'ed tablets even after 1 1/2 years.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What would the difference be?
  • Options
    corfcorf Posts: 1,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    c4rv wrote: »
    still one of the best spec'ed tablets even after 1 1/2 years.

Shows the bad state of Android 10" tablets as it wasn't that great when released
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    corf wrote: »
    Shows the bad state of Android 10" tablets as it wasn't that great when released

It was. It had the highest resolution display on an 10.1 inch tablet abs even had a higher resolution then the iPad with retina display. The ARM processor was cutting edge at the time, despite it being a dual core processor.

Android tablets compared to what?

The iPad whilst snappy in its performance, has pretty mediocre specs on paper. Apple also offer minor improvements each year with each new model.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What would the difference be?

The wall adapter might be configured for a US wall e.g have two prongs instead of three. You could always buy an adapter
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So that's it nothing else
  • Options
    mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You could always buy an adapter

No need:
    "This is a USA version supplied with an adapter"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Do all tablets sold on ebay cone with EU power adaptors and if so why.
  • Options
    alan1302alan1302 Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member
    Do all tablets sold on ebay cone with EU power adaptors and if so why.

No, they don't
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Duplicate
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I have decided to go with this one

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=271455470788&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:GB:1123

as I was too later to buy the other one

What do people think?
    Is the price Ok?
    Is it Brand New and will it come with all accessories? (and what are they ie headphones etc)
    What does it mean when it says "Please note that UK power plug is not included and that the retail box may be unsealed"?

Can I buy a UK Plug for this unit Or will the USB charger be sufficient
  • Options
    MissWalfordMissWalford Posts: 728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have decided to go with this one

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=271455470788&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:GB:1123

as I was too later to buy the other one

What do people think?
    Is the price Ok?
    Is it Brand New and will it come with all accessories? (and what are they ie headphones etc)
    What does it mean when it says "Please note that UK power plug is not included and that the retail box may be unsealed"?

Can I buy a UK Plug for this unit Or will the USB charger be sufficient

If its anything like the Nexus 5 you get a usb cable and the plug comes separate with a usb socket on it. So you'd just need to get a new adaptor. Or just charge it from your computer.

Why is is so cheap anyway? Impending update on the Nexus 10? Or is returned old stock?