Sarah Jane Adventures: Goodbye Sarah Jane Smith - W/C 15/11/2010

13»

Comments

• Options
    JohnFlawbodJohnFlawbod Posts: 4,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    eye3 wrote: »
    Great final 2 episodes....I too would love to see SJA on an early evening slot next year saturday anbd sunays!

Don't forget if it leaves CBBC, it will also mean it leaves the Children's Budget and joins Drama and in all likelihood would have it's production costs merged with DW's which are already under strain as it is.
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    macdawson wrote: »
    Season 5 is already scheduled for 2011 :)

I thought it was the last series but I noticed they said 'SJA will return in 2011' James Bond style.

Has it done so well they've commissioned another series because of ratings?
  • Options
    nebogipfelnebogipfel Posts: 8,375
    Forum Member
    It was announced a while back so before they knew what the ratings for the current series would be. It seems to be a case of having faith in the thing .

I only saw any for the first time this year and was impressed. I dont think they should muck about with a winning formula. Leave it where it is (schedule and dept.) What a nice after school treat.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was the last series but I noticed they said 'SJA will return in 2011' James Bond style.

The first half of Series 5 was filmed along with Series 4, so it was always going to happen.
  • Options
    JAS84JAS84 Posts: 7,430
    Forum Member

It was never going to be the last series. 4 and 5 got commissioned together, and with half of 5 already filmed, maybe they'll move it to earlier in the year (i.e. summer, due to Doctor Who being on in Autumn next year).
  • Options
    davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
    Forum Member
    I think there should be a compromise - SJA should air on CBBC first, followed by repeats on saturday and sunday afternoons.

That way, it would stay part of the Children's budget, and the whole family can see it at a good time, where we know it would do well :)
  • Options
    Jennifer JayneJennifer Jayne Posts: 9,022
    Forum Member
    When ruby is pleeding with SJS does she say 'No, don't send me back into the tardis' or is it my dodgy hearing playing tricks on me?
  • Options
    AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    *marv* wrote: »
    When ruby is pleeding with SJS does she say 'No, don't send me back into the tardis' or is it my dodgy hearing playing tricks on me?

She says 'back into the darkness', but we can all dream eh? :p
  • Options
    ListentomeListentome Posts: 9,804
    Forum Member
    I enjoyed it. Quite a low key finale, which was nice. My only complaint, for this whole series, is a lack of Sarah Jane. It seemed much more focussed on Clyde and Rani, except for The Death of the Doctor. I don't want to see SJS become a supporting character in her own show as it seems like her character has run its course.
  • Options
    DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *marv* wrote: »

I thought that's what she said too!
  • Options
    Salford_WhoSalford_Who Posts: 4,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Listentome wrote: »
    I enjoyed it. Quite a low key finale, which was nice. My only complaint, for this whole series, is a lack of Sarah Jane. It seemed much more focussed on Clyde and Rani, except for The Death of the Doctor. I don't want to see SJS become a supporting character in her own show as it seems like her character has run its course.

With Luke leaving, they had to allow Clyde & Rani to take a more leading role, which is probably why it looked like SJS had taken a back seat.

But I thought the series worked well, but don't think they will condemn SJS to the Stenna stairlift just yet.
  • Options
    AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    Listentome wrote: »

I agree with you here, except for the low-key part. It was one of only two instances in the series (the other being The Empty Planet) where there was an event affecting the entire world (the fake comet strike at the end) and also featured the return of Luke and K9, which considering the fact it was a very character-driven finale, made it quite epic. But then thats just my opinion. I thought last years The Gift was the low key finale of the set ;):)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I agree with you here, except for the low-key part. It was one of only two instances in the series (the other being The Empty Planet) where there was an event affecting the entire world (the fake comet strike at the end) and also featured the return of Luke and K9, which considering the fact it was a very character-driven finale, made it quite epic. But then thats just my opinion. I thought last years The Gift was the low key finale of the set ;):)

I think you described what I was trying to get at. Even though it had a global threat, it was done in a low key way. The Holographic meteors only featured briefly and most of the story focussed on character. Hence for me it felt low key. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    With Luke leaving, they had to allow Clyde & Rani to take a more leading role, which is probably why it looked like SJS had taken a back seat.

But I thought the series worked well, but don't think they will condemn SJS to the Stenna stairlift just yet.

:D

I think she can managed those stairs to the attic for a good few years yet. I understand why Clyde and Rani were given more to do, and I like them as characters. But for me more SJS screen time is always better. :)