Options

the secret life of the cat : bbc2 9pm tonight

2»

Comments

• Options
    TissyTissy Posts: 45,749
    Forum Member
    We always get our cat in at night - around 5pm on the dark winter nights and in the summer he stays out until about 8ish or even later if we`re pottering in the garden.

Neighbours must think I`m mad shouting `Gizzy - bedtime` each evening :o
  • Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to think my cat slept all night, but after watching the show last night, I'm now not quite so sure!!!
  • Options
    guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to think my cat slept all night, but after watching the show last night, I'm now not quite so sure!!!

My cats get shut in at night so I know where they are BG!

Their daytime patch involves, bed, settee, back door step, on top of our fence and that's about it!...Oh and Max's cot if they get a chance..:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My cats get shut in at night so I know where they are BG!

Their daytime patch involves, bed, settee, back door step, on top of our fence and that's about it!...Oh and Max's cot if they get a chance..:(

Mine has a cat flap and I do occasionally hear it "click" during the night but I never know if she's coming in or going out!

Wherever the sun is in the garden, you'll be sure to find my cat - lolling and sunbathing..in between sleeping and eating.

Such a hard life eh!
  • Options
    guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mine has a cat flap and I do occasionally hear it "click" during the night but I never know if she's coming in or going out!

Wherever the sun is in the garden, you'll be sure to find my cat - lolling and sunbathing..in between sleeping and eating.

Such a hard life eh!

I envy them!

Mind you one of them (Eric) was battling a magpie this morning!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I envy them!

Mind you one of them (Eric) was battling a magpie this morning!

Bless.

Are you MPD'ing tonight?

edit: Just seen your "bump" :D
  • Options
    Jennell_SierakoJennell_Sierako Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    We have 4 cats. They like to bring us presents. Sometimes we manage to rescue the presents. They are in at night because we live in London and cats have no road sense. If we were in the countryside it would be different.
  • Options
    LadyQuakeLadyQuake Posts: 162
    Forum Member
    I wish the programme was longe r, or over a few weeks, was interesting, thou didnt show much of all 50 cats, could have done 5 cats a week footage or something. Still good thou.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LadyQuake wrote: »
    I wish the programme was longe r, or over a few weeks, was interesting, thou didnt show much of all 50 cats, could have done 5 cats a week footage or something. Still good thou.

I agree.

Apparently a girl at work had her cat tagged but we didnt see it on the show...if it was on for a bit longer, we might have seen it!
  • Options
    kwynne42kwynne42 Posts: 75,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LadyQuake wrote: »

You should have watched the 2nd Horizon cat programme at 10pm friday night, the secret diaries of 4 of the cats featured in the first programme which went into much more detail, it included the search for a mystery stray cat which kept appearing on Camera's and a cat which decided it didn't like where it was living and moved across the street to a new owner.
  • Options
    culttvfanculttvfan Posts: 2,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caro07 wrote: »
    The first thing my hubby said when the experts were described was that the only way they could be cat experts in a university was if it was funded by the cat food industry.

The conclusion they came to that cats didn't kill that much wildlife and mainly only ate in each other's houses, because cat food is soooo tasty, seems to support this.

The fact that they brought back parts of 20 bodies does not mean that they were the only ones killed. They also ignored the endangered species among those caught.

Before anybody asks, my husband has a doctorate in organic chemistry and has worked in the food industry so knows how uni funding and the industry in general works.

An excellent, enlightening post that confirms my own feelings. Parts of the programme seemed disingenuous to say the least. Just shows we are being spun to in the unlikeliest of places.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    I wanted to see more of the cats and less of the scientists. The noise from the squabbling cats did make one of my cat freak out a little. I watched it on i-player and fast forwarded through the science bit. The programme was not as interesting that I would have expected.
  • Options
    Purple.Purple. Posts: 4,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really enjoyed this :)
  • Options
    PuddleduckPuddleduck Posts: 1,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    curmy wrote: »
    It really worries me that so many owners let their cats roam free at night.

My cat is totally safe at night, we live in the middle of nowhere, unfortunately the wildlife isn't so safe. He is a Norwegian Forest Cat and hunting is in his (and most cats) DNA. Besides, if we locked his catflap, we wouldn't get any sleep, he would pace the house wailing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Puddleduck wrote: »
    My cat is totally safe at night, we live in the middle of nowhere, unfortunately the wildlife isn't so safe. He is a Norwegian Forest Cat and hunting is in his (and most cats) DNA. Besides, if we locked his catflap, we wouldn't get any sleep, he would pace the house wailing.

I live in a town but my cat is safe. We have a field behind my house and I've had her for 6 years. She goes out every day and each evening and would go absolutely mental if I didnt let her out at night! She'd miaow the house down!
  • Options
    LadyQuakeLadyQuake Posts: 162
    Forum Member
    kwynne42 wrote: »
    You should have watched the 2nd Horizon cat programme at 10pm friday night, the secret diaries of 4 of the cats featured in the first programme which went into much more detail, it included the search for a mystery stray cat which kept appearing on Camera's and a cat which decided it didn't like where it was living and moved across the street to a new owner.

Thanks watched on catchup.