Options

The Brit Awards 2015

Comments

• Options
    shirlt9shirlt9 Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    What disturbs me most about all those laughing at Madonna are the same people who keep calling her gran or saying she is too old. A 60 year old just fell backwards down some steps in an incident that could have been pretty serious and all people can do is say she deserved it?

Terrible sign of the times.

Nonsense im only a few years younger than Madonna I laughed. .I also fell spectacularly on a day out recently. .I laughed my head off as did the friends I was with. .they knew I was ok. .its funny. .Madonna got up and carried on..it was funny.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    sarahj1986 wrote: »
    Why was it funny? It just was

Madonna has a stupidly high opinion of herself and whilst I appreciate she is 56 years old maybe she should start acting it..?
    Exactly my point. .if someone humble had fallen my reaction would be sympathy. .if Madonna had seriously injured herself my reaction would be sympathy. .it was just a bit of humiliation. .pride hurt
  • Options
    Living4LoveLiving4Love Posts: 1,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Straker wrote: »
    She's not 60. Your exaggeration to make a point is interesting though isn't it...?

I'm rounding up to the nearest number. If you think a woman of that age falling down steps backwards is funny it says more about you.
  • Options
    Living4LoveLiving4Love Posts: 1,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shirlt9 wrote: »
    Nonsense im only a few years younger than Madonna I laughed. .I also fell spectacularly on a day out recently. .I laughed my head off as did the friends I was with. .they knew I was ok. .its funny. .Madonna got up and carried on..it was funny.

Of course Madonna got up and carried on. She is a total pro and a professional. You wouldn't expect anything less.
  • Options
    Tom2023Tom2023 Posts: 2,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An appalling show chock-a-block with mediocre "artists" singing tuneless songs and praising their management teams for getting them awards.

And why is ITV censoring an "artist"?

Modern day morals mean someone of obvious African heritage can say this n-word but white people are not even allowed to hear it!

White people should have our own n-word
    'Ye in the building like a hallway, nincompoop, Big in the game like an arcade, nincompoop, I jump in the whip, Audi R8, nincompoop, Still got the 100 with the small face, nincompoop'.
  • Options
    AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sarahj1986 wrote: »
    Why was it funny? It just was

Madonna has a stupidly high opinion of herself and whilst I appreciate she is 56 years old maybe she should start acting it..?

Why do you think she has a high opinion of herself? I have read many interviews with her, from the most personal to the most bizarre. I have established that she does not consider herself to be a great singer, she knows there are many many dancers out there way better than her, she takes advice from producers who obviously know more than she does and she performs on stage the way she does because it releases her "twisted emotions" that she carries around with her due to her never really coming to terms with the death of her mother when she was 5. She was bullied by her brothers, beaten by her ex-husband had a turbulent relationship with her stepmother. She considers herself an artist rather than a singer because she feels that what she says is relatable to everyone - and millions clearly agree - and that she feels misunderstood with regards to her sexual references, both on stage and on record. She says that these "sexual references are clearly meant to be funny" . Therefore I would argue that it is the media and the rest of the world who take her far more seriously than she does herself.

And, how exactly, does a 56 year old person need to act? Are you that age yet? If so, how do YOU act and behave? Are we meant to stop being creative? Are we meant to stop giving others enjoyment in our work? Are we meant to stop enjoying ourselves? Are we just meant to buy Last of the Summer Wine DVD's and wait for the reaper to give us an invitation to heaven?
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm rounding up to the nearest number. If you think a woman of that age falling down steps backwards is funny it says more about you.

And why do you feel the need to round-up? I reckon Madge would be more annoyed at being called "a 60 year old" than at anything that happened last night.

Madonna laughed it off. Why are you sucking on a lemon?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly my point. .if someone humble had fallen my reaction would be sympathy. .if Madonna had seriously injured herself my reaction would be sympathy. .it was just a bit of humiliation. .pride hurt

Well, I think at least you have been honest. Glad to see you would have been sympathetic if she had seriously hurt herself. Some people aren't. I think she will have more success in Paris next week. But I was amazed when I saw her wear the same shows she wore at The Grammy's. She couldn't walk in them then so why did she think it would be different in the UK? Perhaps we can put it down to a "practiced senior moment".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Madonna laughed it off.

Has she? Last I heard she was going into the design industry by launching earrings made from Armani's testicles.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wizzywick wrote: »
    Has she?

Yes, she has. In fact it's done her so much good that she'll be taking over from Miranda in a sit-com called Madge where she plays the title character who falls over a lot and people laugh at her falling over.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, she has. In fact it's done her so much good that she'll be taking over from Miranda in a sit-com called Madge where she plays the title character who falls over a lot and people laugh at her falling over.

Now, THAT would be funny!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now, THAT would be funny!

Sadly BBC cutbacks meant that the show was greenlit and then cancelled within 5 minutes this morning by Danny Cohen, telly genius.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The number of people saying that Madonna should 'start acting her age' is very depressing.

Lots of celebrities falling off stage here for those that like that sort of thing, plus most of them are under 50.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/celebs-who-fall-stage-shocking-5233331
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sadly BBC cutbacks meant that the show was greenlit and then cancelled within 5 minutes this morning by Danny Cohen, telly genius.

That's a shame. Perhaps it can go online to BBC Three+6 when it launches in 2025. Just before the TV Licence is axed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's Madonna's new least favourite film?

Cape Fear! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vidalia wrote: »
    The number of people saying that Madonna should 'start acting her age' is very depressing.

Lots of celebrities falling off stage here for those that like that sort of thing, plus most of them are under 50.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/celebs-who-fall-stage-shocking-5233331

Great video, but none of those fell as hard as Madonna did! Still, a story to tell her grandkids one day!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's Madonna's new least favourite film?

Cape Fear! :D

Sky News had a great headline. "Cape Calm and Carry On!"
  • Options
    glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    I would like to know why people always seem to go back to age when trying to make a point about Madonna. I can't remember the likes of Tina, Cher, Debbie Harry getting ageist comments thrown around like M seems to. She can't do right for doing wrong.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    glyn9799 wrote: »
    I would like to know why people always seem to go back to age when trying to make a point about Madonna. I can't remember the likes of Tina, Cher, Debbie Harry getting ageist comments thrown around like M seems to. She can't do right for doing wrong.

No idea. .im almost 50 and don't feel any different than I did at 30..I've got a big age gap between children. .grown up children and then a 7 year old. .I sometimes think I've more energy than some of his friends mums in their 20s..Madonna is fitter than many girls in their 20s...I laughed last night. .it just tickled me. .id have laughed if I fell!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No idea. .im almost 50 and don't feel any different than I did at 30..I've got a big age gap between children. .grown up children and then a 7 year old. .I sometimes think I've more energy than some of his friends mums in their 20s..Madonna is fitter than many girls in their 20s...I laughed last night. .it just tickled me. .id have laughed if I fell!

I get annoyed with the "Madonna should act her age" comments. I'm 46 but my friend is 57 and she really tires me out! She goes clubbing at weekends, wears really cool gear and listens to current music I can't even bear to hear! She fell off a table while dancing, but she wasn't as lucky as Madonna, she broke her leg! But it didn't keep her at bay for long. She still goes out clubbing and believes "life is for living, not waiting for it to stop!"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I get annoyed with the "Madonna should act her age" comments. I'm 46 but my friend is 57 and she really tires me out! She goes clubbing at weekends, wears really cool gear and listens to current music I can't even bear to hear! She fell off a table while dancing, but she wasn't as lucky as Madonna, she broke her leg! But it didn't keep her at bay for long. She still goes out clubbing and believes "life is for living, not waiting for it to stop!"

I say as long as your not hurting anyone x
    I would never do anything to embarass or hurt my children. .but you do reach an age where you realise just how many years are behind you. .and makes you want to make the most of the years ahead. .whatever interests you. .do it. X
  • Options
    anthony davidanthony david Posts: 14,507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lisa.B wrote: »
    Paloma's a game bird. Chuffed for her.

So am I, she might be an acquired taste but the lyrics she writes are from the heart not the usual bubble gum. She wasn't miming or auto tuned either unlike Taylor Swift.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So am I, she might be an acquired taste but the lyrics she writes are from the heart not the usual bubble gum. She wasn't miming or auto tuned either unlike Taylor Swift.

She should consider it. The word "caterwauling" came to mind last night.
  • Options
    tawetawe Posts: 570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What I cant understand is why her cape needed to be tied ? why didn't they use Velcro like they do with most things that need coming quickly on stage .
  • Options
    tawetawe Posts: 570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What I cant understand is why her cape needed to be tied ? why didn't they use Velcro like they do with most things that need taking off quickly on stage .