Options

Maria and Marcus

Comments

• Options
    valtimmyvaltimmy Posts: 7,158
    Forum Member
    hetty100 wrote: »
    I thought they had really good chemistry, I think he bedded her a bit too quickly though, It seemed strange that Marcus would have had sex with a woman so instantly, they should have been together a while first.
    Can't wait for the fall out:p

Yes it seems a bit rushed to me.
  • Options
    valtimmyvaltimmy Posts: 7,158
    Forum Member
    So who the heck are Paul and Priya? In fact what's a Priya? Without saying what they're in (presumably they're characters in another soap), you might just as well have said Pinky and Perky.

Yes I agree. I presume they are in Hollyoaks but if you don't watch the soap then you haven't a clue who they are talking about. The only Priya I know is in Emmerdale.
  • Options
    trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,998
    Forum Member
    valtimmy wrote: »
    Yes I agree. I presume they are in Hollyoaks but if you don't watch the soap then you haven't a clue who they are talking about. The only Priya I know is in Emmerdale.

They aren't in Hollyoaks :confused: I have no idea who they are or what soap they are in if they are indeed in a soap or if they have a similar story line.

Anyway back to Maria and Marcus, I was very intrigued with this story line and am happy to believe a gay man could fall in love with a heterosexual woman and certainly that a heterosexual woman could fall for a gay man but Corrie simply haven't done it justice.

The kiss wasn't realistic and the passion with which Marcus did it it and dragged her off to bed was cringey and totally unbelievable.

I think Corrie wanted this story so much they haven't thought it through and done it justice. Perhaps these 2 cannot carry it off because they are such good pals really.
  • Options
    mvlocamvloca Posts: 955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Louise32 wrote: »
    I don't see how Marcus can be gay if he's slept with a woman.

That's like eating steak and saying you're vegetarian.

I think there's a sexual spectrum and he's mostly but not completely gay.

Unless you just got blotto and unwittingly grabbed a Big Mac on the way home? Sorry we are still talking about vegetarians right?
  • Options
    avon942avon942 Posts: 18,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    40-40J's wrote: »
    Any Gay men/women on here that can shed some light on the subject or know anyone that it has happened to?

Would be interesting to hear.

Charlie Condou (Marcus) who is gay in real life has given some fantastic interviews about this story line - well worth a read!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    40-40J's wrote: »
    Any Gay men/women on here that can shed some light on the subject or know anyone that it has happened to?

Would be interesting to hear.

I know a girl who was a lesbian her "whole" life. Then aged 24 she moves in with some friends. One is a lad, she left her girlfriend for him. They're no longer together but she's got someone new (male).

She insists she "falls in love with a person" but to me that's just bisexuality and trying to avoid labels. Because honestly, it's one thing to have a close relationship and quite another to want to have sex and give that person sexual pleasure in every way you can (are we getting my meaning? I don't wish to be crude)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So who the heck are Paul and Priya? In fact what's a Priya? Without saying what they're in (presumably they're characters in another soap), you might just as well have said Pinky and Perky.

Neighbours ;)
  • Options
    Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well Marcus deep down is still attracted to men (at least he's bisexual) so odds are if they become a couple he'll cheat with men.

And what's Maria gonna do then? Realistically seeing the man you love sleeping with others is soul destroying and heart-breaking. Unless she agrees to an open relationship but I can't see it.

Three months at tops!

Somehow it would be even worse if your partner was more attracted to men. there wouldn't be anything you could do about it, like when Cheryl Barrymore found out her husband was gay.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    way I see it being bisexual is more or less siting on a fence you cant decide what you want to be so your stuck in both worlds some people would be happy to settle with both .
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think the writers know what to do with Maria's character anymore. She's run her course and should have been written out years ago, having her suddenly seduce a gay man is ridiculous.

Hear hear!
  • Options
    Tal'shiarTal'shiar Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well the so called "ages" of feeling a deep love seem to be a few weeks. And Marcus has at least lived gay, and he has never spoken about some girl he was with. So, in many ways, this is his first time with a new set of rules, I dont think he would be so eager. It just feels really odd, yet another retarded turn around in which something we thought about a character (Marcus is gay) is changed to (Marcus is gay, but seemingly loves to bang women now all of a sudden, even though the entire time he was with Shaun he never showed this emotions or desires, but **** it right, Tracy is slap stick now so who gives a **** for continuity)

Shaun will be awesome to watch though, as his nose starts to bleed and he faints under the sheer magnitude of trying to understand why his ex gay boyfriend is now in love with his female best friend.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Marcus and Maria just don't work for me. Not sure why.
  • Options
    MsWilder11MsWilder11 Posts: 13,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I still believe Maria/Marcus would've worked better if it had stayed an unrequited love story. I'd have believed in it more if it had've been Maria pining for Marcus but him not reciprocating. The jump from a kiss (which left both of them very confused) to suddenly sleeping together was too fast and just felt false. I liked their friendship romanticising it hasn't worked for me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fridays episodes and Monday's episodes are going to be very intresting. I think people will get a better understanding of the storyline after that.
  • Options
    dancingdemelzadancingdemelza Posts: 536
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Neighbours ;)
    You've obvously assumed that we all watch Neighbours and possibly other soaps as well.

I only watch Corrie and this is a Corrie thread. The rest of my time is too valuable to waste on others.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You've obvously assumed that we all watch Neighbours and possibly other soaps as well.

I only watch Corrie and this is a Corrie thread. The rest of my time is too valuable to waste on others.

I didn't make the original comment. I just explained it to those who were confused thank you very much. :(:'(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has Stuart Blackburn taken over CS yet?

No not till January
  • Options
    linc52linc52 Posts: 1,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    avon942 wrote: »
    Fridays episodes and Monday's episodes are going to be very intresting. I think people will get a better understanding of the storyline after that.

i really hope so
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't have an issue with Marcus falling for Maria. Sexuality is a fluid spectrum and when we meet someone we click with I can completely see how it may open you up to experiences you never thought possible.

But I think it's ridiculous that he dragged her straight to the bedroom. Aside from the lack of experience (I remember him saying he was always gay and always confident in his sexuality so presumably his lady-notches are pretty low if at all...) it's also out of character.

Yes we're all human with hormones but I can't see Marcus doing such a thing. He's sensible and thoughtful, desire would not have clouded his thoughts of Aiden, Jason and indeed his friendship with Maria and Liam. Now if he had of been drunk I'd be more likely to believe it (sad but true!)

Doing that kinds killed it for me. Although to be fair this may also be because I've never rated Maria as an actress and Aiden is even worse. How can a 40-something man still think acting means looking like a startled fawn? Quicker they get rid of him the better.
  • Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    avon942 wrote: »
    ............ I think people will get a better understanding of the storyline after that.

A better understanding of what? As I see it, marcus has just discovered he's bisexual. What's wrong with that?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jsmith99 wrote: »
    A better understanding of what? As I see it, marcus has just discovered he's bisexual. What's wrong with that?

Nothing's wrong with it but some people were complaining that they didn't understand how the storyline could be possible.....
  • Options
    Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well Marcus deep down is still attracted to men (at least he's bisexual) so odds are if they become a couple he'll cheat with men.

And what's Maria gonna do then? Realistically seeing the man you love sleeping with others is soul destroying and heart-breaking. Unless she agrees to an open relationship but I can't see it.

Three months at tops!

Marcus could become like bisexual Bazz from Hollyoaks who cheated on Lucy about 15 years ago. Ironically, Aiden is played by the same actor who played Bazz!
  • Options
    Louise32Louise32 Posts: 6,784
    Forum Member
    I think Paul and Priya have good chemistry which is why I compared it to Maria and Marcus who I think don't have chemistry.

I didn't really think about the fact it was another soap to be honest. It was just a general comparison but I maybe should have used a Coronation Street comparison to avoid confusion.

Just the Paul/ Priya storyline is currently happening so I compared it to that.
  • Options
    Louise32Louise32 Posts: 6,784
    Forum Member
    mvloca wrote: »
    Unless you just got blotto and unwittingly grabbed a Big Mac on the way home? Sorry we are still talking about vegetarians right?

Well you'd need to be very drunk!:D
  • Options
    trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,998
    Forum Member
    mvloca wrote: »
    I don't have an issue with Marcus falling for Maria. Sexuality is a fluid spectrum and when we meet someone we click with I can completely see how it may open you up to experiences you never thought possible.

But I think it's ridiculous that he dragged her straight to the bedroom. Aside from the lack of experience (I remember him saying he was always gay and always confident in his sexuality so presumably his lady-notches are pretty low if at all...) it's also out of character.

Yes we're all human with hormones but I can't see Marcus doing such a thing. He's sensible and thoughtful, desire would not have clouded his thoughts of Aiden, Jason and indeed his friendship with Maria and Liam. Now if he had of been drunk I'd be more likely to believe it (sad but true!)

Doing that kinds killed it for me. Although to be fair this may also be because I've never rated Maria as an actress and Aiden is even worse. How can a 40-something man still think acting means looking like a startled fawn? Quicker they get rid of him the better.

This is very much how I feel. The concept fine but the execution of it useless. It's a real pity as the idea is very interesting but the way it's been done I just find it a joke and don't believe it for one minute.