Options

Is this soap forum slightly boring lately?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    Chris Mark wrote: »
    Full of racist, batshit insane nutters you mean.

BIB: :confused::confused::confused:
  • Options
    J-BJ-B Posts: 18,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ebeale wrote: »
    Its been like that since the ds redesign, the grey background is depressing causing people to turn away.
    Preferred the old design, at least some colour...

True, though the few immediate days following the redesign were some of the funniest I can remember on here... the great War of the Smilies, singing songs of protest... endless fun :D
  • Options
    ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,441
    Forum Member
    The thing is there are far too many forum police these days. Many threads have been started only for other members to come along and moan that they should not have been opened. Posters who are a bit different lile Beaconboof get bullied off the forum. Its no wonder some posters have stopped coming on here.
  • Options
    Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've seen some get locked just because a user doesn't like it, terrible.
  • Options
    AndreaMCAndreaMC Posts: 3,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It seems to me if you have an opinion on this forum which deviates from the norm or the general consensus you will be shunned or derided.
    There is one poster, a ever present one, in particular who will never respond to my post or wish to start up any dialogue with me but will always join the thread immediately after my post on a completely different tangent. A response designed to let me know I'm being ignored again, yawn.
    It's not my paranoia either, it's a long established pattern of behaviour designed to exclude and ostracise.
    This sort of cliqueishness is not appealing and unfriendly and is going to make sure that a lot of people with something to say don't bother coming here sadly.
  • Options
    BrooksideBrookside Posts: 1,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    The thing is there are far too many forum police these days. Many threads have been started only for other members to come along and moan that they should not have been opened. Posters who are a bit different lile Beaconboof get bullied off the forum. Its no wonder some posters have stopped coming on here.

Forum police is the right word.
    AndreaMC wrote: »
    It seems to me if you have an opinion on this forum which deviates from the norm or the general consensus you will be shunned or derided.
    There is one poster, a ever present one, in particular who will never respond to my post or wish to start up any dialogue with me but will always join the thread immediately after my post on a completely different tangent. A response designed to let me know I'm being ignored again, yawn.
    It's not my paranoia either, it's a long established pattern of behaviour designed to exclude and ostracise.
    This sort of cliqueishness is not appealing and unfriendly and is going to make sure that a lot of people with something to say don't bother coming here sadly.

I understand this but I will add to that.

When you make a great comment but someone else thinks there's is more important. They over ride the thread with their "friends" with silly remarks that get the thread closed as it is classed as irrelevant.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    J-B wrote: »
    Can't argue with that! An upstanding member of the community.

Seconded. If more posters were like that guy this place would be all the better for it.

I would add that the removal of the roll-eye smilie deteriorated the quality of discussion significantly... how are people meant to know how right I am if I can't adequately express it pictorially? :(
  • Options
    Charley Says...Charley Says... Posts: 1,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love this place...

It gives you a chance to air your opinion even when it's not relevant...

The way everyone jokes and laughs and rub along creates a wonderful atmosphere...

Forum police... I don't know what you mean... :confused:
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seconded. If more posters were like that guy this place would be all the better for it.

I would add that the removal of the roll-eye smilie deteriorated the quality of discussion significantly... how are people meant to know how right I am if I can't adequately express it pictorially? :(

I really miss the eye rollie >:(

Especially when it comes to the constant digs at Eastenders fans on here. I find there are many double standards on here. Seemingly it's fine to classify all EE fans as crazy and obnoxious and littering the forum with EE threads yet I've seen god knows how many Nick Tilsley and Tina Threads on here over the while so that's blatantly not true

I watch all the soaps and I dont mind if there are loads of threads on the same subject whenever there's a big episode coming up but it does annoy me when it's made out like it's always the EE doing this when it's not
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tbh in the five years on here I've never seen it this quiet and I know the forum is still v.active but there was times it was full to burst, it feels like even the discussions and debates on threads are pale in comparisons to what it use to be some.

There still some great posters on here but we've lost a lot of good members and regulars who have either been banned or deserted :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It does seem a little disingenuous to think about the forum being quiet whilst there are several major sporting tournaments going on, the annual 'soap slump' of the summer, and spells of nice weather across the country.

If it's quiet in October / November that's when you ought to be worried :)
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love this place...

It gives you a chance to air your opinion even when it's not relevant...

The way everyone jokes and laughs and rub along creates a wonderful atmosphere...

Forum police... I don't know what you mean... :confused:
    *ahem*

Who said you could get off the Naughty Step? >:(
  • Options
    Charley Says...Charley Says... Posts: 1,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    *ahem*

Who said you could get off the Naughty Step? >:(

Still on it OJ... with one foot shuffling on the carpet... ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It does seem a little disingenuous to think about the forum being quiet whilst there are several major sporting tournaments going on, the annual 'soap slump' of the summer, and spells of nice weather across the country.

If it's quiet in October / November that's when you ought to be worried :)

I agree the summer could be a big reason, but I think since May it's started to really slow on here, if it's still like by Autumn then yes you know it's more then the weather.
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scrabbler wrote: »

Agree with this. I noticed the posters who get off on whining about others always flocked to his threads to tell him off.
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    0...0 wrote: »
    Agree with this. I noticed the posters who get off on whining about others always flocked to his threads to tell him off.

It happens to vaslav aswell
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes, vaslav too - who is from what I can see a fairly decent innocuous poster.:confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with the point Scrabbler made. There sees to be quite a few uptight people on here who seem to target various forum members who have a laugh. It is one of the reasons why I rarely come on here nowadays.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aaron1995 wrote: »
    I agree with the point Scrabbler made. There sees to be quite a few uptight people on here nowadays which seem to target various forum members who have a laugh. It is one of the reasons why I rarely come on here nowadays.

That's a shame. I like your posts Aaron.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Are you sick of the word "puerile" being thrown about on this forum on a regular basis?
  • Options
    Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with the point Scrabbler made. There sees to be quite a few uptight people on here nowadays which seem to target various forum members who have a laugh. It is one of the reasons why I rarely come on here nowadays.

:(:(:(
  • Options
    thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Just post what you like Aaron and if anyone has a problem they can deal with it :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with the point Scrabbler made. There sees to be quite a few uptight people on here who seem to target various forum members who have a laugh. It is one of the reasons why I rarely come on here nowadays.

Sad it come to that, haven't seen TK, Maurice, Dan or PP for ages on here.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Harlowe wrote: »
    Sad it come to that, haven't seen TK, Maurice, Dan or PP for ages on here.

They're all lovely lively posters too.
  • Options
    O-JO-J Posts: 18,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This forum is nothing without people, Mods should take note and stop banning people permanently or just give the blue layout back!
This discussion has been closed.