Options

Strictly Come Dancing...'it takes two'..chat thread.. (Part 15)

Comments

• Options
    TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    edy10 wrote: »
    I dont see it either :confused:

Am I missing something too edy
  • Options
    edy10edy10 Posts: 18,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TerryM22 wrote: »
    Am I missing something too edy

It seems like we are :o:D:D
  • Options
    GeorgousgeorgeGeorgousgeorge Posts: 1,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think some people are projecting, Buddy. Anyone would think this was Big Brother instead of SCD.

I think Simon has a healthy respect for Kristina....................for me, they are poles apart!!! :)
  • Options
    foxyredfoxyred Posts: 15,734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I must be the only one who doesn't see the romantic vibe between Simon and Kristina. :blush:

No I don't see a romantic vibe... I see a really good friendship that has grown out of admiration for each other. So sweet :)
  • Options
    IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I saw Kristina's reactions after the waltz I thought she's in love again. She looks smitten with him.
  • Options
    londongirlGrelondongirlGre Posts: 23,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IvanIV wrote: »
    When I saw Kristina's reactions after the waltz I thought she's in love again. She looks smitten with him.

I think that if they were anywhere but the studio, they would have kissed. I think that's why she put her hands on his chest, to remind him, of where they were. Whatever is going on between them, I don't think that they are ready to admit it or haven't acted on anything.
  • Options
    novicenovice Posts: 3,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The interesting bit for me was the distance between them on the sofa and that they never touched - except Kristina did put a hand on his arm once. And Simon crossed his legs away from her. That had to be deliberate - all the other celebs and their partners cuddle up on the sofa, have arms around each other, huggy huggy stuff for the cameras. They were clearly creating a distance.

What you read into that is anybody's game - either they are being coy about a relationship or there isn't one and they're demonstrating a distance.

But it was veeerrrrryyyy interestings because it was so deliberate!!
  • Options
    MarkBluemelMarkBluemel Posts: 1,781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Simon has a healthy respect for Kristina....................for me, they are poles apart!!! :)

I'm of a similar opinion. Having been a performer (musical, am-dram) with others, I know that when it's gone really well there can be huge emotions and a feeling of closeness between the people involved, but that doesn't mean I'm going to have a romantic affair with them. I can imagine that a similar thing can happen in dance.
  • Options
    Three Left FeetThree Left Feet Posts: 738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    blindside wrote: »
    I wonder if the training time reduction isn't a compromise that has to be made these days if Strictly wants to retain a reasonable level of celeb.

The producers must have some strange ideas of what makes a celebrity as they've turned down Rebecca Adlington in the past, and I would wager that she is more well known than any of this year's line up. Mind you, they were probably doing her a favour, as I doubt it would have ended well, though. If she'd been on in 2012, she and Queen Vic would have flooded the studio with their tears!

Plus her being 6 foot tall would have posed a few problems on the partner front!
  • Options
    edy10edy10 Posts: 18,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Reading some of these replies is like like reading some kind of fanfic :blush::D:p

I never saw anything between Pasha and Rachel (in fact I didnt think they had a lot of chemistry :D ) and never believed that anything was going on between Flavia and Jimmy at the time and look at what happened :D ? So who knows really :D ?
  • Options
    MonksealMonkseal Posts: 12,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think people are inflating massively the amount of training hours people used to do out of nostalgia. Alesha put in 380 hours in Series 5, which works out to an average of 27 hours per week (12 week series plus 2 extra weeks at the beginning). Mark put in 313 hours in Series 4, which works out to 22 hours per week (the same). Both were by far the most diligent trainers in their series. A few perfectly competent dancers did far less - for example Gethin was getting by on bare bones at the beginning, and Matt Dawson by the figures in the official book did about 15 per week.
  • Options
    olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    foxyred wrote: »
    No I don't see a romantic vibe... I see a really good friendship that has grown out of admiration for each other. So sweet :)

I dont see it either
  • Options
    ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    Must say I like that more than the original.
  • Options
    RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello all.:D

Well I hated that I'm afraid.
  • Options
    bendymixerbendymixer Posts: 18,628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How WRONG to have Pixie on singing talk about pushing her
  • Options
    dippydancingdippydancing Posts: 9,428
    Forum Member
    John Lewis' next Christmas ad...
  • Options
    Jennifer_FJennifer_F Posts: 4,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bendymixer wrote: »

We just said that very same thing.
  • Options
    googlebabygooglebaby Posts: 397
    Forum Member

Exactly what I was thinking (but then your posts often are lol!)
  • Options
    RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    John Lewis' next Christmas ad...

Not good enough. Perhaps she's trying for an ad thoughl.

I really loathe the 'breathy little girl remakes' thing.
  • Options
    mia75mia75 Posts: 9,352
    Forum Member

I wouldn't mind if she was any good.
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Franke always gives Pixie dirty looks.
  • Options
    bendymixerbendymixer Posts: 18,628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    they should have had Ivetta and Joanne singing they are both great singers
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Iveta looks incredible. Like an MGM moviestar.
  • Options
    holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What colour was Mark? :o
  • Options
    mia75mia75 Posts: 9,352
    Forum Member
    This constant pushing of Iveta is annoying as well.
This discussion has been closed.