Options

Coronation Street 25/12/10 - Brawling In A Winter Wonderland (Merged)

1111213141517»

Comments

• Options
    linnyloulinnylou Posts: 18,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The one that made me laugh was when Tracy said something about having a kiss under the mistletoe, and he replied: "Whilst there's dogs roaming the streets?"

And 'earth to family' and singing 'Happy Birthday to me' . David actually had a couple of good ones tonight.
    I love the way Tracy's return has added a spark to Becky's character

Yep, me too. I did cringe when Tracy delivered her opening lines after getting out of the cab on Xmas Eve, and admittedly, I wasn't looking forward to watching tonight's ep, and nearly didn't bother, as I've never been all that impressed by Kate Ford's acting.

But, I think the friction with Becky and Steve, will be good fun to watch.
  • Options
    PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved David on the stairs singing "Happy birthday to me" :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    linnylou wrote: »
    Yep, me too. I did cringe when Tracy delivered her opening lines after getting out of the cab on Xmas Eve, and admittedly, I wasn't looking forward to watching tonight's ep, and nearly didn't bother, as I've never been all that impressed by Kate Ford's acting.

She had one line in that first Christmas Eve episode and she still managed to be utterly appalling.
  • Options
    LemonadeManLemonadeMan Posts: 81,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agent F wrote: »
    I thought Corrie was brilliant tonight. Loved Rita's song at the end.

Not just me then!

I really enjoyed it. Most out of all the soaps actually. :o

TracyLuv wasn't as bad as last night but I think that might just be because Becky made their interaction entertaining. Kat Kelly had me amused throughout.

I think they really need to tone down the panto aspect to Tracyluv though and give Dreary a backbone.
  • Options
    PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Tracy is being made more nasty than usual due to the start of the whodunnit next week, so she can piss off as many people as possible
  • Options
    NostalgicNostalgic Posts: 7,201
    Forum Member
    I was pleased to see all the old cast members (bar Liz) making an appearance, but the highlight for me was Rita singing the David Essex song, which brought a tear to my eye as it was such a lovely way to end the christmas episode.
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The one that made me laugh was when Tracy said something about having a kiss under the mistletoe, and he replied: "Whilst there's dogs roaming the streets?"
    My problem with Platt is that I could never ever concede that he was amusing
    linnylou wrote: »
    And 'earth to family' and singing 'Happy Birthday to me' . David actually had a couple of good ones tonight.
    I thought they were cringworthy but totally in character for someone self obsessed.
  • Options
    Walter NeffWalter Neff Posts: 9,243
    Forum Member
    Last night reminded me of an episode of Midsomer Murders, where they give nearly every member of the cast a reason to kill Tracyluv. Sadly, it looks like she will only be injured, and the plot will still revolve around her ridiculous character. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    IndegIndeg Posts: 1,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really wish that the writers would allow Tracy to have at least some redeeming features - if for example we were allowed to feel that she was genuinely devoted to her family, at least, and treated them with love and respect, no matter how badly she behaves toward outsiders. Alas, though, it is impossible to believe that she loves or cares even a tiny bit for anyone but herself. Even her behaviour toward Amy comes across as point-scoring rather than genuine affection. It would be so much easier to appreciate her as a love-to-hate character if she had even one redeeming feature, rather than being played as a panto villain right from the moment of her return.
    Another negative point for me was Leanne's sudden turnaround in her feelings for Nick. Only a couple weeks ago she told Nick at the hospital while Peter was on his deathbed that she didn't love him and had chosen Peter over him. Now, all of a sudden she has done another another U-turn. The scene between her and Nick just didn't feel right.
    kerry1681 wrote: »
    The whole Leanne and Nick thing has really pissed me off as well. I thought all that was over What on earth does she see in the chimp? Answers on a postcard please

I'm guessing it's all coming out in the 'second wedding' then. I hope Peter can walk by then, not to get married but to knock Nick out, please.

I thought Leanne had 'made up her mind' and now she is all up for it and undecided again. I mean forgiven i guess up to the tram crash at a push, but afterwards when she insisted it's what she wanted and made a song and dance about Carla, and now still carrrying on.

Oh and her letting Nick take over his bookies as well and letting him think Nick is his saviour, Peter wouldn't even be in a wheel chair and i'm guessing to have aslow recovery if it wasn't for Nick. It's totally taking the piss out of him.
    Not liking it.
    Leanne gave me whiplash in this episode - I was appreciating the slow-burn of her and Peter's storyline up till now, but this about-face was just too abrupt and needed more build-up. Throughout the tram crash disaster, the way Jane Danson played the character there didn't seem to be the slightest doubt that Peter was the one she was in love with, even if she was still a little confused by her latent affection for Nick. The whole time they were trapped, she was entirely focused on Peter and when he was brought out, she didn't even seem to remember that Nick existed, never mind that he was still trapped. She seemed to have had the wake up call she needed and was wholly focused on Peter, for better or for worse. Now, though, she's back making googly eyes at Nick? That needed a better build-up - I can believe that she is already finding Peter's disability a tough adjustment which would make Nick an attractive alternative, but we needed to be shown more to build-up to where we saw them in this episode.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 274
    Forum Member
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    There is no realism in her behaviour, and that ruins it. Coupled with the poor acting, it's a lose/lose.

Best description of the Kate/Tracy problem I have seen!