Options

EE Should they recast Peter

13»

Comments

• Options
    Aaron_SilverAaron_Silver Posts: 32,993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Peter's too important a character to rest on the schedule and decisions of one actor. The likes of Law and Hardy are just laying the foundations for those to come. Eventually, hopefully we'll get an actor to really define the character and take Peter forward long term, it'd be nice if it were one of them, but we should always be willing for another to step in. What would have happened for instance if they had stopped at Janine #2? It's unthinkable.

Brilliant point couldn't have said it any better myself
  • Options
    J-BJ-B Posts: 18,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Utterly loathe Peter.

Thanks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    J-B wrote: »
    Utterly loathe Peter.

Thanks.

J-B you are the sunshine in my life what would I do without your positive attitude and kind words, Love you mwah :blush::D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With the short term return of Lauren and her having now given birth to Louie, I am all the more convinced that they must recast Peter for her full time return in the new year. :);-):p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    J-B you are the sunshine in my life what would I do without your positive attitude and kind words, Love you mwah :blush::D:D

I just tell it like it is, Aar. Most on here let characters off the hook far too easily. I tell the facts as I see them.

Thanks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just tell it like it is, Aar. Most on here let characters off the hook far too easily. I tell the facts as I see them.

Thanks.

Facts as you see them may just be a bit biased perhaps? :D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Facts as you see them may just be a bit biased perhaps? :D:D

Too many people let characters get away with murder. Good, honest, attractive, modest folks like me bring a sense of morality and justice to the debate.

Now please, let's not derail my thread, and get back to how much we loathe Beale.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Too many people let characters get away with murder. Good, honest, attractive, modest folks like me bring a sense of morality and justice to the debate.

Now please, let's not derail my thread, and get back to how much we loathe Beale.

Peter is oh so lovely his girlfriend Lauren told me ;-);-)
  • Options
    Fallon9Fallon9 Posts: 806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Peter and Lauren are my favourite EE pairing and I'd love to see them grow into a real power couple. I don't really want to see Lauren with anybody else, but at the same time I loved Ben Hardy's interpretation of Peter. I thought he brought an old fashioned decency, nobility and dignity to the role. They should probably recast him but with Ben's Peter as a template.
  • Options
    Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    just bring back thomas law
  • Options
    hae2811hae2811 Posts: 93
    Forum Member
    Such a shame Ben left, he really started to come into his own after Lucy's death...I think bringing back Thomas Law would be a mistake, I did like him, but I feel like Ben allowed Peter to grow up a bit, and I can't see Thomas and Jacqueline connecting as well.

I just hope Ben wants to come back, it's way too quick for a recast because he was too prominent in the Lucy storyline.
  • Options
    dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,290
    Forum Member
    NO.

Bring back Ben Hardy
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think if and when they recast Peter, they need to put him on a three year contract at least :D They do that on Neighbours.....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aura101 wrote: »
    just bring back thomas law

From what I read somewhere he's not interested in re - entering the soap genre so that maybe a no-no
  • Options
    nickymongernickymonger Posts: 11,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be fair, if somehow Lauren drops his brother in it, it may be a reason Lauren/Peter split and she returns to Eastenders for daddy's support (when Max returns)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    I think if and when they recast Peter, they need to put him on a three year contract at least :D They do that on Neighbours.....

I agree but they won't just in case the public don't take to the new actor
  • Options
    Hanna_YasminHanna_Yasmin Posts: 1,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll never forget the scene where Ian walked into the pub to tell Peter about Lucy's death. Everyone fell silent, and then when Ian took him outside and that scream he let out... Great stuff. That's why it was so amusing when people were saying he killed Lucy.
  • Options
    david_leewarddavid_leeward Posts: 2,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got a better idea, why not just recast all of the cast and be done.
  • Options
    MissMonkeyMooMissMonkeyMoo Posts: 3,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think after Lauren and Peters sentimental exit in February that it seems a shame to either split them up offscreen or to recast Peter too soon. I think either option will undermine and subtract from their exit.

Peter shouldn't be recast for at least 5 years in my honest opinion.

I agree with this. I would rather Lauren didn't come back, or she died come back with Peter played by Thomas law.
  • Options
    DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree with this. I would rather Lauren didn't come back, or she died come back with Peter played by Thomas law.

There was no way Lauren was being killed off, she is the biggest young person character and one of the biggest characters in the show full stop
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    There was no way Lauren was being killed off, she is the biggest young person character and one of the biggest characters in the show full stop

I agree, Lauren is brilliant and one of the most consistent in the show :)
  • Options
    johnloonyjohnloony Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    Either Ben Hardy or Tom Law but nobody else unless he's equally gorgeous.
  • Options
    firefly_irlfirefly_irl Posts: 4,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thomas Law would be who I'd try to get back if I worked at EE, the audience would accept it quicker than yet another face for Peter.
  • Options
    writer_composerwriter_composer Posts: 1,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bring back Thomas Law! I think he'd have better chemistry with Jacqueline and overall could authentically take the character further if Ben inevitably goes off to other Hollywood roles following X-men.