Options

Can a Sky Q card be paired to a sky hd box

2»

Comments

• Options
    PEROYBENPEROYBEN Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    derek500 wrote: »
    Yes. You can do it via MySky, or if your Sky+HD box is connected it will pair automatically when you select a pay channel and follow the prompts.

Just been away for a month using my Sky Q card in a Sky+HD box. Automatically paired back to Sky Q on return.

Alas, it didn't work for me.:cry: Tried pairing the Sky Q card with the Sky+HD box via MySky and all I get is a message saying they are experiencing a problem pairing the card. Please try again or call the technical department.
  • Options
    Sandancer1Sandancer1 Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    BKM wrote: »
    How did you get a hybrid LNB? -I had read that Sky were reluctant to fit these.

No, just people on here talking out of their bottoms. I was told I couldn't have one for the dish I share with my neighbour, which resulted in a week of stressing, but the engineer had one in the van and fitted it no problem.
  • Options
    derek500derek500 Posts: 24,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PEROYBEN wrote: »
    Alas, it didn't work for me.:cry: Tried pairing the Sky Q card with the Sky+HD box via MySky and all I get is a message saying they are experiencing a problem pairing the card. Please try again or call the technical department.

I had a similar problem using MySky. IIRC I filled in one of the fields incorrectly. I think leaving the 'receiver number' blank did the trick.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    derek500 wrote: »
    I had a similar problem using MySky. IIRC I filled in one of the fields incorrectly. I think leaving the 'receiver number' blank did the trick.

Thank for your help Derek. I also tried that. Didn't work. I think I may have to change the LNB at the holiday home ( Algarve )and start bring the Sky Q box back and forward.
    I really wish I hadn't upgraded.
  • Options
    RichardcoulterRichardcoulter Posts: 30,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good idea. I will buy a PVR on Ebay and hook it up to the terrestrial aerial.:)

Wouldn't a Freesat PVR be a better choice?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Wouldn't a Freesat PVR be a better choice?

Not really. The sat dish cables will be hooked up to the SkyQ box when I return from holiday. If i hook up the PVR to the terrestrial aerial I can use both.
  • Options
    derek500derek500 Posts: 24,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank for your help Derek. I also tried that. Didn't work. I think I may have to change the LNB at the holiday home ( Algarve )and start bring the Sky Q box back and forward.
    I really wish I hadn't upgraded.

Just getting ready for a month or so away and paired my Sky Q card with my Sky+HD box.

Just connected the box to the satellite dish (hybrid LNB) and internet, put on a pay channel and clicked the pair prompt. Activated in seconds.

Now downloading films and boxsets.