Options

Breaking Bad Season 5 - US Pace - No Spoilers

Comments

• Options
    Paulie WalnutsPaulie Walnuts Posts: 3,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ACU wrote: »
    I dont think there is too much wrong with it. A book on its own, is not conclusive proof of anything. However it will be interesting if Hank compares the writing in the book with the notes Gale was making when he was working with Walt (they have those in evidence - as they were taken from Gales house when he was murdered - or were they?). Hank will also have to make the link of GB being Gale (Gale didnt sign the book using his name, he just put his initials of GB).

The initials (WW) in the book are also explainable. The page on which Gale wrote the message was titled Leaves of Grass, it was Gales favourite poem. The author of the poem is Walt Whitman. I think the two talked about the poem, and the coincidence of Gales two favourite people having the same initials.

However it does give ideas to Hank, and will be interesting to see what he does with this piece of information.

A very very very long shot here - Walts former love, Gretchens (co-owner of Grey matter, former co-worker of Walt) full name is Gretchen Schwartz. Schwartz is German for black. Thus giving her initials of GB as well. Like I say a long shot...but another possible out for Walt.

I don't think it matters if the book is 'explainable' or not. Hank will be pretty much in the process of putting 2 & 2 together and will not require the book as evidence, he now has reasonable grounds to suspect that Walt is Heisenberg.

What he should do is inform the senior management at DEA and get them to start work on Walt - putting a tail on him, doing some financial investigations etc.

It could be that he discovers that Skylar is also implicated though which forces him to make some bad decisions.
  • Options
    redandwhiterobredandwhiterob Posts: 1,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got one more episode of season 5 to watch before I catch up completely. For us in the UK where and when do people think we will be able to catch the rest

Has Netflix already got the rights to the final episodes after AMC have finished showing them?

Going to be a long wait I feel:mad:
  • Options
    BenFranklinBenFranklin Posts: 5,814
    Forum Member
    Got one more episode of season 5 to watch before I catch up completely. For us in the UK where and when do people think we will be able to catch the rest

Has Netflix already got the rights to the final episodes after AMC have finished showing them?

Going to be a long wait I feel:mad:

The Breaking Bad S5 DVD is on sale in June.
  • Options
    redandwhiterobredandwhiterob Posts: 1,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Breaking Bad S5 DVD is on sale in June.

Is that just the first 7 episodes?

Cant see the point of buying it till you can get all the episodes:confused:
  • Options
    suffolkbluesuffolkblue Posts: 4,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First 8 episodes of S5 are on netflix now. But to be honest I have never watched it do might give it a go from the start.
  • Options
    thetvkingthetvking Posts: 333
    Forum Member
    Netflix got the first 7 episodes in the UK a couple of months after it aired in the US. As it is a big draw for Netflix UK I suspect it will be the same again so not too long. We will have to wait until it finishes in the US as Netflix don't do one episode at once.
  • Options
    LushnessLushness Posts: 38,170
    Forum Member
    First 8 episodes of S5 are on netflix now. But to be honest I have never watched it do might give it a go from the start.

You're in for a treat - I'm almost jealous! :D:p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    Whatever happens i hope Walt doesn't die, we need more Breaking Bad.

I don't think he will. My guess - he'll be forced to leave his family and everyone he's ever cared about, his cancer will come back and the last shot of the last episode will just be him on sat in a crappy hotel room with a pile of cash and a shotgun, with the realisation that he's been a total dick for the past 2 seasons and deserves to die alone.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 145
    Forum Member
    outatime wrote: »
    I don't think he will. My guess - he'll be forced to leave his family and everyone he's ever cared about, his cancer will come back and the last shot of the last episode will just be him on sat in a crappy hotel room with a pile of cash and a shotgun, with the realisation that he's been a total dick for the past 2 seasons and deserves to die alone.
    Poetic justice, I like it.
  • Options
    irishfeenirishfeen Posts: 10,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it ok to discuss how Breaking Bad will end in this thread? ... as it says "No Spoilers" would it be to be appropriate for me to start a thread entitled "How will Breaking Bad end - [spoilers included]" because we kind of need to reveal some stuff to form an opinion on how it will end...
  • Options
    Paulie WalnutsPaulie Walnuts Posts: 3,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    irishfeen wrote: »
    Is it ok to discuss how Breaking Bad will end in this thread? ... as it says "No Spoilers" ....................

It's absolutely fine, there has been plenty of speculation already and that's what this place is for.

Unless you have some kind of insider knowledge of course.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's absolutely fine, there has been plenty of speculation already and that's what this place is for.

Unless you have some kind of insider knowledge of course.
    :) No inside knowledge, just fortunate to have watched probably the best series ever made.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just hope Vince Gilligan is in total control of the end and not the executives at AMC.

My own thinking on the end will be something serious will happen to Walt Jr/Skyler to push Walt into the abyss, no return and is a danger to himself and anyone who knows him, basically completely different in every single way to the man we saw in the first episode.

Jessie will somehow find out about Jane's/Mike's death and the Lily of the Valley and we will ultimately be left with just Walt and Jesse on their own, face to face in a discussion which might even take up the entire last episode, they will discuss everything since the start, how they met, how Jesse got the RV, the death of Gale, Gus ... etc.

I think it will end with Jesse killing Walt in tears as he did with Gale, he knows Walt deserves to die and maybe even Walt will welcome death as his long discussion with Jesse will open old wounds that he has chose to forgot. Jesse will promise to look after Walt's family and both will end on good terms as Walt will realise himself he must die to protect his family. He will understand it can only be Jesse to stop him destroy himself/his family, he will have outsmarted everyone including Hank, the police and the Mexican gangs.

Walt will then have the capacity to build his "empire" rather easily but he will never get it, it will dawn on him with Jesse holding the gun that he was never destined to become anything more then a father and a brilliant high school chemistry teacher.... we will hear the gun shot, Walt collapse and then Jesse walking away. That's what I think we could see in the final episode of this great series.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 449
    Forum Member
    outatime wrote: »

Walter White will definitely die. That is the only possible conclusion. This isn't a story of heroism or redemption, it is one of self-destruction. He just won't escape death. The very premise of the show demands it as the man is quite literally Breaking Bad. The fate of Walter White is a bleak one....But Heisenberg has had it coming..
  • Options
    ACUACU Posts: 9,104
    Forum Member
    Another idea has come to mind, after watching the Godfather 3 over the weekend. Walt now has a big pile of cash, more than enough to look after his family. I think he will want to pull out of the drugs business. However he wont be allowed by his female partner (forgot her name, the one that setup the contacts in Europe).

The series will be about Walt trying to get out of the drugs business, whilst others do all they can to force him to continue. The last episode Walt has managed to get out, however the cancer and the fight with the drugs gang has made him weak and thus dies from cancer, with his family around his bed.
  • Options
    kempshottkempshott Posts: 1,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he will want to pull out of the drugs business.

Isn't he already? Walt says "I'm out" (twice) to Skyler towards the end of the last episode.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    kempshott wrote: »
    Isn't he already? Walt says "I'm out" (twice) to Skyler towards the end of the last episode.

Walt may have tolder Skyler, but has he told his drug friends, hes out? That is when the problems will start.
  • Options
    Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I tend to think a lot of people will die , Walt's son included which will destroy him and he'll start doing crack and end up another victim of the drug .
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,966
    Forum Member
    I tend to think a lot of people will die , Walt's son included which will destroy him and he'll start doing crack and end up another victim of the drug .

I'd have thought he was most likely to do crystal meth rather than crack personally.
  • Options
    Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd have thought he was most likely to do crystal meth rather than crack personally.

Whoops !
  • Options
    satellitesatellite Posts: 8,181
    Forum Member
    irishfeen wrote: »
    I just hope Vince Gilligan is in total control of the end and not the executives at AMC.

My own thinking on the end will be something serious will happen to Walt Jr/Skyler to push Walt into the abyss, no return and is a danger to himself and anyone who knows him, basically completely different in every single way to the man we saw in the first episode.

Jessie will somehow find out about Jane's/Mike's death and the Lily of the Valley and we will ultimately be left with just Walt and Jesse on their own, face to face in a discussion which might even take up the entire last episode, they will discuss everything since the start, how they met, how Jesse got the RV, the death of Gale, Gus ... etc.

I think it will end with Jesse killing Walt in tears as he did with Gale, he knows Walt deserves to die and maybe even Walt will welcome death as his long discussion with Jesse will open old wounds that he has chose to forgot. Jesse will promise to look after Walt's family and both will end on good terms as Walt will realise himself he must die to protect his family. He will understand it can only be Jesse to stop him destroy himself/his family, he will have outsmarted everyone including Hank, the police and the Mexican gangs.

Walt will then have the capacity to build his "empire" rather easily but he will never get it, it will dawn on him with Jesse holding the gun that he was never destined to become anything more then a father and a brilliant high school chemistry teacher.... we will hear the gun shot, Walt collapse and then Jesse walking away. That's what I think we could see in the final episode of this great series.

I think this sounds very plausible. I can only imagine the finale will be Walt v Jesse, and Jesse finding out about the Lilly of the Valley, also there is the poison cigarette hanging around still behind the switch - wonder if that has any significance and Walt smokes it to kill himself?

Whatever happens, BB has been one of the best series made, ever.....bitch! :D
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another idea has come to mind, after watching the Godfather 3 over the weekend. Walt now has a big pile of cash, more than enough to look after his family. I think he will want to pull out of the drugs business. However he wont be allowed by his female partner (forgot her name, the one that setup the contacts in Europe).

The series will be about Walt trying to get out of the drugs business, whilst others do all they can to force him to continue. The last episode Walt has managed to get out, however the cancer and the fight with the drugs gang has made him weak and thus dies from cancer, with his family around his bed.

But didn't Walt have a big pile of cash long ago, and could have pulled out then, given that he had made what he calculated he needed to provide for his family after he died?

But instead he kept going, and went back into it...
    Walt wrote:
    You asked me if I was in the meth business or the money business. Neither. I'm in the empire business.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Matt D wrote: »
    But didn't Walt have a big pile of cash long ago, and could have pulled out then, given that he had made what he calculated he needed to provide for his family after he died?

But instead he kept going, and went back into it...

That money has gone, or has very little left. Didnt Skyler give a load to her bit on the side. Also they bought the car wash. I think Walk didnt have enough to retire on.

From memory (so I could be wrong), I think Walt was shocked when you saw how much money Skyler had in the lockup. Now I think Walt thinks he has enough to retire, there should be no problems pulling out.

Like I said it was just an idea. Its plausible.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    satellite wrote: »
    I think this sounds very plausible. I can only imagine the finale will be Walt v Jesse, and Jesse finding out about the Lilly of the Valley, also there is the poison cigarette hanging around still behind the switch - wonder if that has any significance and Walt smokes it to kill himself?

Whatever happens, BB has been one of the best series made, ever.....bitch! :D
    Yeah I totally agree with you, i think it can only be Jesse who can stop Walt, we have seen time after time that Walt has outsmarted anyone who stands in his way, I don't actually give much notice to Hank reading that message in the bathroom, yes he might suspect Walt and try bring him down but eventually Walt will outsmart him like he has done to everyone else. Walt might even kill Hank or anyone else to protect himself from the law but he won't kill Jesse (I'm almost certain of that). Walt's inability to control and shut Jesse up will I think be his ultimate demise, he has just managed to keep Jesse's anger under control and manipulate his thoughts... That will come to an end when Jesse finds out about Mike, the poisoning of the child, Jane's death etc ... It will be a sad day when the curtain falls on the last ever show, all I hope for is a fitting end to this great series.
  • Options
    NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Breaking Bad returns for its remaining 8 episodes starting on Sunday, August 11

Seems like ages away :(