Options

The Big Reunion - ITV2 next Thursday

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,122
    Forum Member
    5ive were the best imo

liberty ex - kevin was great, kelli was awful

honeyz - vocals were weak. heavenlis hair - uhh WHY???

bwitched - main singer weak again...

blue - lee amazing, simon was good - overall i can't stand them coz they are so smug and annoying but best vocally i thought.

atomic kitten - great
  • Options
    mimi123456mimi123456 Posts: 2,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Makson wrote: »
    Celena was a gorgeous woman back in her Honeyz heyday and I'd love to see her get really back in shape again...her stage outfit was very unflattering:(
    Mariama looked amazing. Wow at that body!
    Heavenli's hair was bleh.

I was looking at the old photos of the Honeyz. Celena looked stunning. She has not aged very well (not that I can talk!).

I think it's kind of obvious they will ask Naima back. I hope she turns round and says "Talk To The Hand" and "I Won't Take It Lying Down". Hahaha. Having said that, it was mainly Heavenli dissing Naima saying she can't sing, and Mariamma saying she tried to ride my boyfriend. Celena didn't say anything so there might be a chance she comes back?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 54
    Forum Member
    Really enjoyed this show, like most others thought five, especially Abz, would be really annoying but they've come across well, as has Kerry I think.

B*witched my faves although thought they struggled a bit last night when singing on their own, hopefully just nerves and they'll improve on the tour.

Don't like Blue as I thought they were v arrogant but I do like their songs and thought they were the most polished but that's prob cos they've performed together quite a bit recently.

Enjoyed atomic kitten, thought they sounded good, also liked Liz and Tash backstage. Really enjoyed five too, now have a proper crush on Richie, haha.
  • Options
    MajorkeyMajorkey Posts: 328
    Forum Member
    cfc86 wrote: »
    Also all this Lindsay love? Everyone behind me. She's been mine since the beginning of B*Witched :p

You. Me. Flintlock pistols. Dawn.:eek:;)
  • Options
    annwannw Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still for me Abz was the star of the show down to earth, funny, kind and supportive of all the others in the band [esp. Sean] Really didn t expect to like him but how he was changed my mind.
  • Options
    cfc86cfc86 Posts: 31,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Majorkey wrote: »
    You. Me. Flintlock pistols. Dawn.:eek:;)

I'm rather exhausted from last night ;):p
  • Options
    myssmyss Posts: 16,575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved the way that they all seemed to support each other. They all just seemed to become one big family and looked out for each other which was amazing. All dancing along to each others tunes and having a great time :)

It looks like most of them have learned how to enjoy it now and learned how to be around each other again. If nothing else this should a lesson to the likes of Lil Mix and One Direction about the pitfalls of early fame and being run ragged by record companies.
    Fully agree, it's more or less what I said in my previous post, especially re. the youngest singers in the industry. Just look at what a wanna-slap icon Bieber is turning into!
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimi123456 wrote: »
    I was looking at the old photos of the Honeyz. Celena looked stunning. She has not aged very well (not that I can talk!).

I think it's kind of obvious they will ask Naima back. I hope she turns round and says "Talk To The Hand" and "I Won't Take It Lying Down". Hahaha. Having said that, it was mainly Heavenli dissing Naima saying she can't sing, and Mariamma saying she tried to ride my boyfriend. Celena didn't say anything so there might be a chance she comes back?

Yeah I think Celena and Naima are on good terms as they were friends before Honeyz. They actually formed the group together and then their label brought in Heavenli to the mix:)
  • Options
    vkmaxvkmax Posts: 3,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Times are different now thankfully.

You've got to think that from about 1992 - 2004 there were dozens of carbon copy acts coming out of the wood work trying to make it, trying to get on TOTP/CDUK etc and you were a flop if you sold less than platinum.

Artists make their money in different ways now and selling 200k and having a few top 20's gets you a lot further thanks to the way the industry works plus on the pop horizon there's far less competition.
  • Options
    topcat3topcat3 Posts: 3,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vkmax wrote: »
    Heavenli very clearly did not bank on them going for a full reunion. She just isn't interested you can see it on twitter, in their interviews, in the fact that nearly all the promo has just been the other two.

I just hope she steps down before they release anything. Mariama was on form she looks amazing at nearly 36 you could slot her into any girlgroup and her vocals were spot on.

out of interest how old is heavenli? Id say shes definitely the oldest out of the reunion so i could understand her not want ing to do the tour. i agree she doesnt seem into it
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JamieHT wrote: »
    I was disappointed by the B*witched's vocal, well mainly Edele. Very weak. I thought it might be the dancing, but Blame It On The Weatherman was not great either.

Honeyz were good. Heavenli's hair though . . .

All the others were quite good but Blue were really unnecessary (and unlikeable). As someone said, Michelle was really milking that fall.

I never was a Bewitched fan, but the vocals were awful. I also thought the Honeyz were not as good as I thought they would be. It was great to watch the performance and I did enjoy Blue being there,although Duncan was irritating when being filmed off stage...
  • Options
    sparkle22sparkle22 Posts: 1,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    natasha is a quarter black her mum is a redhead and she obviously takes after her and her sister has dark curly hair.
    and obviously takes after their dad most interacial families have one darker and one child lighter see mariah careys sister
    back to the show marima sounded great agree that she should have done it with solid harmonie.
    also loved 911 lee's vocals were very strong on bodyshakin.
    and his voice sounds the same as back in the day also the dancing was great considering their almost 40.
    also wish we could have heard jimmy sing more also thought they should have done night to remember not a little bit more.
    never rated the song also michelle can sing anyone remember when she did that programme about drinking.
    they showed her singing for a panto apperance also kelle was dissapointing kevin was great vocally.
  • Options
    Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We absolutely loved it. Best night's telly in a long time.

Five were head and shoulders better imo. They should have headlined. They have some cracking songs unlike Blue. Fair play to Simon though, thought his voice was pretty strong.

We enjoyed 911 too. By far the best dancers.

Liberty X and the Honeyz were nothing to write home about.

If only Jay had come back :o
    Blue have some good songs too, I disagree with you on that.

Natasha Hamilton is stunning though.
  • Options
    vkmaxvkmax Posts: 3,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    topcat3 wrote: »
    out of interest how old is heavenli? Id say shes definitely the oldest out of the reunion so i could understand her not want ing to do the tour. i agree she doesnt seem into it

Celena and Mariama are 35, Heavenli is 38.

Also, Makson, Celena and Naima didn't form the group. Heavenli and Celena did and Naima was bought in as T&A as stated numerous times on the show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    topcat3 wrote: »

Heavenli is 38.
    Both Celena and Mariama are 35.

Surprisingly, Naima is the oldest at 39!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vkmax wrote: »
    Celena and Mariama are 35, Heavenli is 38.

Also, Makson, Celena and Naima didn't form the group. Heavenli and Celena did and Naima was bought in as T&A as stated numerous times on the show.

oh really?!:eek:
    As a big Honeyz fan back in the day, I'm sure the story went that Celena met Naima when they were both working at eurodisney in Paris. They decided to form a group and then their label suggested that Heavenli join them. Heavenli was living in Germany at the time and was originally signed to some German label as a solo artist before joining Honeyz.
    I'm almost sure of this lol!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 958
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually thought the main singer of B*witched actually sung really well, however, the problem was when her sister took some of the vocals over, and it went a bit south.

Liberty x - kellis voice just came over very squeeky, and not as stong as it used to, though the guy can sing.

Five - the programme had featured them so heavily that i was just a bit fed up with them when they were on.

Blue - they can sing, but they just seemed to oversing it.

Atomic Kitten - Tash has a great voice, and Lizs harmonises with it well. Kerry Katona ruined it a bit for me, as she seemed to be trying to outsing Liz and Tash all the time, so her voice stuck out on the harmonies.

Honeyz - mariamma really showed what a great voice she has.

911 - well at least they could dance.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surprisingly, Naima is the oldest at 39!

Wow. She does not look it at all.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure how ill get through the show when i see it in may, cried through most of that!
  • Options
    iCandy77iCandy77 Posts: 1,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ukool wrote: »
    Not sure how ill get through the show when i see it in may, cried through most of that!

Why did you cry??

The only thing that ruined it for me was Michelle's foul language. She came across as rough and common :(
  • Options
    barracuda91barracuda91 Posts: 3,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thought it was great! Need to get the full concert on DVD so I can see all their performances. Strange B*Witched, Atomic Kitten and Honeyz had a song omitted from the show, but I was glad C'est La Vie was shown in its entirety. That was fab. I actually think B*Witched are really good singers, perhaps a wee bit nervous, but overall very good. I thought every group was good vocally.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    5 - I never really liked them so there section was a bit pointless for me. Also, wonderful to see Sean get over his issues. He seems like a brand new man, very speedy recovery. Also, there was no J and the performance lacked because of this.

Blue - Not a fan of them, their section was OK. Bloody hell, if Duncan loved himself anymore, he would have been playing with himself. LOL.

AK - Wow. Liz is sooooo hot. Kerry was OTT as usual. How can people fancy Tash? She looks so fake. Too much surgery, those lips look wrong on her. She looked stunning before though. All emphasis was on Kerry.

Honeyz - Mariamma can sing and she is gorgeous. I never knew she could sing like that. I thought she was meant to be the step in bimbo. She looks very much like Amelle Berrabah mixed up with Jade Ewen. I like Heavenli's dragged through the bush hairdo, very fetching NOT! Feel sorry for Celena, I bet she thought it would be all emphasis on her, it was actually Mariamma that stole the show!

911 - Awkward.

LibertyX - Hmmm, not as good as I thought they would have been, All emphasis was on Michelle.

BWitched - Loved their performance though I feel Edele should have kept all the lead vocals. I reckon they could release some new material and get high chartings. Mmmm at Lyndsay. Wow.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimi123456 wrote: »
    5 - I never really liked them so there section was a bit pointless for me. Also, wonderful to see Sean get over his issues. He seems like a brand new man, very speedy recovery. Also, there was no J and the performance lacked because of this.

Blue - Not a fan of them, their section was OK. Bloody hell, if Duncan loved himself anymore, he would have been playing with himself. LOL.

AK - Wow. Liz is sooooo hot. Kerry was OTT as usual. How can people fancy Tash? She looks so fake. Too much surgery, those lips look wrong on her. She looked stunning before though. All emphasis was on Kerry.

Honeyz - Mariamma can sing and she is gorgeous. I never knew she could sing like that. I thought she was meant to be the step in bimbo. Very surprised. I like Heavenli's dragged through the bush hairdo, very fetching NOT!

911 - Awkward.

LibertyX - Hmmm, not as good as I thought they would have been, All emphasis was on Michelle.

BWitched - Loved their performance though I feel Edele should have kept all the lead vocals. I reckon they could release some new material and get high chartings. Mmmm at Lyndsay. Wow.

I think Jay could have completed the group instead of just refusing to do it. Unless he suffers from stress or depression perhaps.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    I think Jay could have completed the group instead of just refusing to do it. Unless he suffers from stress or depression perhaps.

The performance lacked his growl. Hahaha.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    oh really?!:eek:
    As a big Honeyz fan back in the day, I'm sure the story went that Celena met Naima when they were both working at eurodisney in Paris. They decided to form a group and then their label suggested that Heavenli join them. Heavenli was living in Germany at the time and was originally signed to some German label as a solo artist before joining Honeyz.
    I'm almost sure of this lol!

Honestly, the stories involving the honeyz have MANY freaking chapters.

So here's what I know for definite...

Circa 97 mariama dated an older German producer, Sven Kirschner. He was road manager for ace of base at the time, and snap, 2 unlimited before that.he paid for mariamas dancing and singing classes and was instrumental in her getting a record deal. She was put together with becky onslow and Melissa can't remember to form Solid Harmonie. Before they recorded their first album, mariama s mum became I'll and she quit the band to care for her. At this point they other two were in the states about to start recording. They were talking about how everything had gone tits up, when the owner of the restaurant heard and suggested they listen to her daughter, she sang for them in the toilets and the next day...as in 24 hour, they recorded songs for the first solid Harmonie album.

Signed to Jive records and on the verge of releasing their debut, Mariamas mum died and she was invited back into the band...apparently Sven was again very influential. mariama accordingly re joined, and promoted the album and singles having never recorded a note on the album or any of the singles. She split from sven before their first single and later got for a nose job which she had done just before their third single, I wanna love

Sven's next girlfriend was none other than Heavenlii Abdi, who he apparently dumped mariama for. History repeated itself as he helped Heavenlii get a manager who hooked her up with Celena. Naima was tits and ass and the Disney story was bullshit, no doubt inspired by the Disney tripe of NSync.

On the rise heavenli left Sven for Matthew marsden who was in corrie and somehow managed to sing a duet with destinys child, but that's besides the point, she quit the band as she just wanted to be his wife and have his babies...he cheated 3 months later. Meanwhile, mariama replaces heavenli in the honeys after solid Harmonie are dropped. So in comes mariama to replace the girl who essentially stole her ex. At this point mariama is dating a footballer, naima is a filthy bitch...you know that bit. Simon Cowell harassed her, but she was having none of it. Naima was into some guy from BBMak, so naturally, when Mariama broke up with footballer she started dating this guy, Christian IIRC from BBMak...who wrote a thank you to Mariama in his album sleeve. Something like, "thank u mariama for your love and Honey".

Naima was jealous, mariama left, then got dumped, Heavenlii rejoined.....

It's an absolute 50 chapter tale.

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/MATTHEW+WRIGHT'S+COLUMN%3A+SVEN'S+TASTE+OF+HONEYZ.-a060388409
    Some evidence to back it up.

Apologies for the typos etc, smartphones and fat fingers etc.