Options

At least 250 'British' ISIS terrorists BACK on UK soil

2»

Comments

• Options
    Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    AnnieBaker wrote: »
    Why do you assume they would not use their new-found killing expertise and brutal mindset to kill their fellow Brits?

They may well do, but we'd know where they are.
    Also, I doubt they'd last long.
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    AnnieBaker wrote: »
    Why do you assume they would not use their new-found killing expertise and brutal mindset to kill their fellow Brits?

They couldn't do that if they were permanently locked up.
  • Options
    SemieroticSemierotic Posts: 11,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Odd Socks wrote: »
    Under terrorism laws we don't even need to wait for them to break laws do we?

That's the Guantanamo Bay slogan.
  • Options
    roger_purvisroger_purvis Posts: 968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dust of the Orange jumpsuits and start cranking up camp xray again i reakon. I know the uber liberals wont like the idea but hard nose reality wins out im afraid.
  • Options
    SemieroticSemierotic Posts: 11,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dust of the Orange jumpsuits and start cranking up camp xray again i reakon. I know the uber liberals wont like the idea but hard nose reality wins out im afraid.

Except 'hard nose reality' is bloody complicated and irritatingly reticent in providing easy answers. Camp X-Ray is a PR disaster for US foreign policy.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Semierotic wrote: »
    That's the Guantanamo Bay slogan.

I'm not commenting on the rights and wrongs, just what is.
  • Options
    I, CandyI, Candy Posts: 3,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The people calling for the British ISIS fighters returning home to be arrested - how exactly are we going to know if that's what they have been doing? I doubt they are going to get off a plane at Heathrow wearing a facemask and carrying an AK-47.
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    I, Candy wrote: »
    The people calling for the British ISIS fighters returning home to be arrested - how exactly are we going to know if that's what they have been doing? I doubt they are going to get off a plane at Heathrow wearing a facemask and carrying an AK-47.

I agree. The people in their communities will know full well who they are but I very much doubt they'll inform the authorities.
  • Options
    ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No, but a number of them have been providing a handy commentary on their adventures in ISISland on social media - those at least should be easily identifiable.
  • Options
    FilliAFilliA Posts: 864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Allow them back in,
    Arrest them if they break any laws.
    Pretty simple really.

Like running someone over and then cutting off their head outside a primary school? That's the kind of thing people are afraid of. The latest beheading of the American man got a lot of publicity but its just the tip of the iceberg. They have been beheading people in groups, there are videos of children being beheaded. I don't think a wait and see approach is appropriate.
  • Options
    jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,593
    Forum Member
    FilliA wrote: »
    Like running someone over and then cutting off their head outside a primary school? That's the kind of thing people are afraid of. The latest beheading of the American man got a lot of publicity but its just the tip of the iceberg. They have been beheading people in groups, there are videos of children being beheaded. I don't think a wait and see approach is appropriate.

If it can be proved that they have committed a crime by their actions abroad, then they can be arrested as soon as they get here. Wouldn't have to wait and see.
  • Options
    I, CandyI, Candy Posts: 3,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shrike wrote: »
    No, but a number of them have been providing a handy commentary on their adventures in ISISland on social media - those at least should be easily identifiable.

Well, I hope the authorities are tracking them in that case.
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps we should award them all Knighthoods.

But seriously our security services are being simply overwhelmed (and incredibly f****g Tory Boy is implementing financial cuts on them whilst this crisis continues to escalate) - an atrocity on home soil in inevitable and I fear serious civil unrest will follow.

People are becoming sick and tired of these home-grown extremist bastards.
  • Options
    FIN-MANFIN-MAN Posts: 1,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Raquelos. wrote: »
    Two words Sarah Palin! Alaska has its own problems!

I know, those moose jihadists are threatening the Alaskan way of life. The US government better do something about Bullwinkle before he gets out of control.
  • Options
    welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Just look on their twitter feeds, facebook or YouTube pages
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    welwynrose wrote: »
    Just look on their twitter feeds, facebook or YouTube pages

Or ask their friends and family...
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    3sweet5u wrote: »
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2730602/The-homegrown-jihadists-fighting-ISIS-How-one-four-foreigners-signed-Islamic-State-British-half-ALREADY-UK.html?offset=100&max=100&jumpTo=comment-61967017#comment-61967017

I can understand wanting to keep an eye on them, but simply why let them back in in the first place. I hate how the government is so relaxed with this whole scenario. The UK is at risk.

I knew this would happen. We probably don't even know for sure they are ISIS, but just suspect.

Hmmm - let's hope they don't plan another 7/7 or similar..........
  • Options
    jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    our authorities don't have a DAMN CLUE how many went over there OR are coming back, just picking numbers out of thin air