Options

Rooney tries boxing Bardsley & gets knocked the **** out.

Comments

• Options
    JoTaylorJoTaylor Posts: 9,870
    Forum Member
    codeblue wrote: »
    He looked out of it before his head his the hard surface.

There is a reason why we're are not seeing the rest of the clip, my guess is that it was a lot of frantic panicking.

If that's the case then why would they not show it? Surely if you sell a story to the papers you're going for the scandal element?
  • Options
    Bingo_Bingo_ Posts: 1,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    celesti wrote: »
    An apology to who?

African orphans, of course.
  • Options
    The_don1The_don1 Posts: 17,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    An apology to who?

The children of the world
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tribec wrote: »
    Had Rooney been "knocked out" as is being suggested, do you not think he'd have not said anything?? With all the rules and regulations about at the moment, any sort of head injury like that would/could lead to a couple of weeks out. In the position he's in, he'd be stupid not to say anything to the medical team at United if he had been hurt.

He probably didn't say anything about it because he would have likely faced disciplinary action over it, and if it was when Ferguson was still in charge, he would have most likely been thinking he'd be sold as well.

I have to agree with codeblue as well in that the rest of the video is likely a mass panic thinking he's seriously hurt and certainly not him "jumping straight back up", although, to be fair, there may well not actually be any more if they've stopped filming as soon as he was on the floor
  • Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rooneys a pretty talented stuntman if he can free fall like that on to a hard surface without instinctively trying to break his fall or avoid furniture.
  • Options
    Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An apology to who?

Soldiers and nurses.
  • Options
    JoooeJoooe Posts: 8,662
    Forum Member
    :D Don't be so wet.

Two blokes having a laugh in their house. Clearly no one was seriously injured. Get over it.
  • Options
    TheMunchTheMunch Posts: 9,024
    Forum Member
    Bingo_ wrote: »
    African orphans, of course.

What about the soldiers and nurses?

Jamesp84 wrote: »
    Soldiers and nurses.

Oops, you beat me to it. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    He probably didn't say anything about it because he would have likely faced disciplinary action over it, and if it was when Ferguson was still in charge, he would have most likely been thinking he'd be sold as well.

I have to agree with codeblue as well in that the rest of the video is likely a mass panic thinking he's seriously hurt and certainly not him "jumping straight back up", although, to be fair, there may well not actually be any more if they've stopped filming as soon as he was on the floor

It was last month.
  • Options
    codebluecodeblue Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    An apology to who?

Perhaps the United and England fans who pay his wages and expect that he takes reasonable steps not to injure himself, and the companies who pay him millions to promote and advertise their brand?

Its highly likely that if he had been seriously injured, then no insurance would have been payable to his family or to his employers. £150m (according to some) of an asset wiped off your companies net worth overnight.
  • Options
    Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I'm sure you're really concerned about that...
  • Options
    celesticelesti Posts: 26,056
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Sorry to the fans for not missing any football with the injuries I didn't get, and apologies to the companies who pay millions for the name association for my name being everywhere'
  • Options
    Forum Member
    'Sorry to the fans for not missing any football with the injuries I didn't get, and apologies to the companies who pay millions for the name association for my name being everywhere'

Hey this is serious!!! Tom & Jerry were going to be the faces of Whiskas til Jerry nailed Tom's tail to the floor.

Kids in playgrounds were attempting it on a daily basis.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JoTaylor wrote: »
    It was last month.

Fair enough. Either way, he's still unlikely to own up to it for fear of disciplinary action - which could now still happen as well.

At the end of the day, he's a professional footballer - not a boxer. As I said, he's free to arse around in his own house as much as he likes but if it's going to potentially result in a serious injury, as this could have, in his position, people are going to have something to say about it.
  • Options
    TheMunchTheMunch Posts: 9,024
    Forum Member
    Kids can be very impressionable. I've still got lumps on my head from my days of headbutting bricks hoping I'd get a coin. And who knows how many prostitute murders I have against me? I can't even begin to imagine the amount of warthog police I've killed because of a certain Duke Nukem.

Good thing Game of Thrones wasn't on when I was a child, and that I didn't know ASOIAF existed, or I'd have more headcounts than ISIS.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Apologies for stating the obvious here but all this outrage about Rooney.....erm what about Bardsley? He's a PL player as well or does that not fit the agenda?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JoTaylor wrote: »
    Apologies for stating the obvious here but all this outrage about Rooney.....erm what about Bardsley? He's a PL player as well or does that not fit the agenda?

Personally I'm not outraged about anybody but I suppose the obvious answer is obvious - Bardsley wasn't spark out on the floor so people aren't that bothered about his involvement
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,575
    Forum Member
    Perhaps the United and England fans who pay his wages and expect that he takes reasonable steps not to injure himself, and the companies who pay him millions to promote and advertise their brand?

Its highly likely that if he had been seriously injured, then no insurance would have been payable to his family or to his employers. £150m (according to some) of an asset wiped off your companies net worth overnight.

Perhaps all footballers should only be allowed to cross roads if accompanied by chaperons ?!

It was a pretty unexpected happening in a bit of fun with a friend. It was part of life !! ( unless you want to totally closet footballers up, in which case you would probably say they are no longer any part of life or role models and this is shameful, as is not wearing blue ).

This whole episode and much of this thread says a lot more about much of today's society than it does about Wayne Rooney.
  • Options
    d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,554
    Forum Member
    Fair enough. Either way, he's still unlikely to own up to it for fear of disciplinary action - which could now still happen as well.

At the end of the day, he's a professional footballer - not a boxer. As I said, he's free to arse around in his own house as much as he likes but if it's going to potentially result in a serious injury, as this could have, in his position, people are going to have something to say about it.

You and the other person posting this nonsense are just being ridiculous now. The video proves nothing and speculation about 'what happened next' is pointless unless and until a longer video emerges.

The story came out at least 8 hours before United's match, would have been discussed with LVG and the medical staff, and nobody in Roo's position would dare try and pull any wool over their eyes because then, if contradictory proof emerged later on, he really would have been in deep doo-doo. If he'd really have been out cold only three weeks ago, the club would have known and would have sent him for scans and days of medical goodness-knows-what before letting him anywhere near a football pitch again.

On the other hand, I have seen incontrovertible proof in a high quality photo that he was knocked out cold before he fell and hit the ground when celebrating a goal yesterday... http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/81663000/jpg/_81663314_wayne_rooney_punch_rex_pound_two.jpg - Just look at his rigid limbs and staring fixed facial expression, absolute proof of a serious head injury that will keep him out of football for months! :o
  • Options
    Eye ItchEye Itch Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This thread is comedy gold.
  • Options
    Tal'shiarTal'shiar Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So he could have died, and children might copy things secretly filmed in his house. I'm just glad we're keeping it rational.

Codeblue, I often wonder if you are some evil, poundshop genius who sits their and spouts utter drivel to annoy people.

Also, what was your childhood like? because we did daft stuff like this growing up all the time, and we didnt need to get the idea from a footballers daft video. Not to mention, if your children are so stupid as to copy without question, then maybe the dumb dumb needs a good whack in the head. Piss poor parenting is excused by trying to make the entire world do it instead.
  • Options
    NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    An apology to who?

Any poor sod who has stumbled across a subscription only newspaper website and has had to tear themself away from witnessing such filth.:D
  • Options
    TribecTribec Posts: 9,335
    Forum Member

Perhaps Enner Valencia should also be saying sorry for standing on a broken cup. We all accept footballers earn silly wages in the Premier League, they should be able to employ cleaners and butlers/maids who can fetch and bring things for them. The clubs should make it compulsory wouldn't you say? That way freak injuries like this and the one where Dave Beasant dropped the jar of salad cream on his foot could be prevented.
  • Options
    Mark FMark F Posts: 54,492
    Forum Member
    I wonder had Rooney punched somebody in the head during a fight about food if he would have got the same level of support as Mr Clarkson has..?

Somehow think not...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    d'@ve wrote: »
    The story came out at least 8 hours before United's match, would have been discussed with LVG and the medical staff, and nobody in Roo's position would dare try and pull any wool over their eyes because then, if contradictory proof emerged later on, he really would have been in deep doo-doo.

I think it's fairly obvious he wouldn't have tried to pull the wool over anyone's eyes yesterday when the story ran because he wouldn't have been able to.

But anyway, I've said my piece about this and i'll leave it alone now.