Options

Marvel's Agents of SHIELD on Ch4 (Use Spoiler Tags)

Comments

• Options
    varsasvarsas Posts: 1,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why does everyone think will discover Ward first? I expect it'll be Skye but she might be too loved up!
  • Options
    HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    varsas wrote: »
    Why does everyone think will discover Ward first? I expect it'll be Skye but she might be too loved up!

I think it will be Skye, too and I'm actually half-wondering if she already worked it out when erasing his history. I mean, think about it - we see Skye going though his entire history on screen. He's the only one we are actually shown her erasing. Then we get all that talk about how Garrett saved him when he was a teenager and he owes him everything. Are we really to expect uber-hacker Skye isn't going to come across something a little dodgy when erasing him?

If she hasn't already twigged it, I'm sure she will soon - and as for being too loved up, I think that's more Ward than Skye. She's his weakness. So far, the most she's really shown to him is friendship and a bit of sympathy. I think its his attachment to her that will be his undoing, rather than the other way around.
  • Options
    MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    Another really good episode of AOS and I'm really liking the new Ward.It will be interesting to see how the group deal with the revel about Ward when it does happen!

I'm assuming that the other agent that has joined the group.Sorry I forget his name but he will become the replacement for Ward in the group once the reveal happens.

I actually watched CA2 as soon as it came out so I was waiting and wondering to see AOS would deal with that which I found as a good thing!

There is still the question though of will AOS get a second season which I hope it does after these recent episodes!
  • Options
    codename_47codename_47 Posts: 9,684
    Forum Member

I think it will be Coulson.

And he'll say

"Thank you for going deep-deep cover and spying on HYDRA for me, now that the huge series long plot arc is all tied up lets get you reset back into the team so the situation is completely normal for any potential season 2" ;)
  • Options
    LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved the cameo of Patten Oswalt on the show. Shame they couldn't have give him a throwaway line "its ok here, apart from the rats" ;).
  • Options
    slouchingthatchslouchingthatch Posts: 2,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved the cameo of Patten Oswalt on the show. Shame they couldn't have give him a throwaway line "its ok here, apart from the rats" ;).
    I did wonder if they'd drop in a Ratatouille reference, but as it's non-Marvel I guess not. He's having a busy year on TV - has popped up in a couple of episodes of Brooklyn Nine-Nine too.
  • Options
    slouchingthatchslouchingthatch Posts: 2,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it has to be Skye, because she is the one it will hurt the most. Not just because of
    any feelings the pair might have for each other, but because she will feel most betrayed because he's her SO and before the romantic angle started to develop there was always a sense of big brother/little sister about the two of them.

Coulson and the others will feel betrayed too, but not to anywhere near the same extent. To them, he's just a member of the team.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 150
    Forum Member
    Goaty wrote: »
    That was great episode! Again Bill Paxton as Garrett was highlight!

I loved how he said to the HYRDA agent who says “Hail HYDRA!” a bit too enthusiastically: “You’re like a West Texas cheerleader at a pep rally.” Such great dry humour there!

Many Marvel characters references there!

Yes, Bill Paxton stole the show again. He's the best part of the show, hands down. Love his bromance with Ward. Ward has more chemistry with Garrett than with Skye IMO. :D

Ward continuing to be a cold-blooded murderer. Badass Ward is more interesting than bland Ward though. Hope he doesn't do something pukeworthy like dying for Skye.

Fitz acting like a brat over Simmons and Trip. Grow up, boy.

LOL Talbot's fake moustache. Looked like he'd stuck on some black tape or used a black marker pen. :D

Best episode so far for me, largely thanks to Bill Paxton.
  • Options
    CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    These last few episode have actually got me excited to see the next ones now.
    Whilst I've never felt disillusioned like other it did feel like a formulaic style of story telling.

Anyone else think Raina deliberately erased Simmon's data? She doesn't seem all that impressed with Garret and has a little sympathy towards Coulson.
  • Options
    LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I did wonder if they'd drop in a Ratatouille reference, but as it's non-Marvel I guess not. He's having a busy year on TV - has popped up in a couple of episodes of Brooklyn Nine-Nine too.

True, but it is part of the Disney family. ;-) I don't think it was intentional but we had the Seven Dwarfs mentioned in the pilot.

And yeah, he's good in B99 too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sam33 wrote: »
    Fitz acting like a brat over Simmons and Trip. Grow up, boy.

He loves her how else do you think he would react? It's not about growing up it's about caring for someone...it's life...no matter who you are.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I don't think i've seen Ruth Negga in anything else but either she's a bad actress or I hate the way she's acting/being directed in this show.

Doe eyed springs to mind.

and why go on an 8 mile trek in showy wilderness when you have a flying car?
  • Options
    HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »

That's the first thing I thought of, due to the fact that they have to walk right past the friggin' car to leave the plane!

I did like finding out that Coulson is a Call of Duty player, though!
  • Options
    boab34boab34 Posts: 1,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

... or have him improvise a Star Wars filibuster as in Parks & Recreation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDUrw7j0UA4

:D
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Good job they didn't as Lola would have probably been shot down by the automated defenses.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think i've seen Ruth Negga in anything else but either she's a bad actress or I hate the way she's acting/being directed in this show.

Two seater and they're 5people...and maybe just wanting to keep things low key and quiet?
  • Options
    Sherlock_HolmesSherlock_Holmes Posts: 6,882
    Forum Member

Considering that she has a few Irish Film Nominations (and one win, for the biopic about Shirley Bassey) under her belt, it is very likely the latter (for you, anyway).

Personally, I find her totally enchanting (in certain shots she is the most beautiful creature ever :blush:) and just can't help rooting for her (even if she is likely to be dead before the final episode of the season; pure speculation, but oh so predictable).

She is one of the few people on the show who connect to me. Mind you, as a Marvel fan it is a nice fun show to see (even if the other side, Arrow, does it a bit better) but the characters are mostly non-existant. Which kinda becomes obvious when someone like Garrett is probably the most popular character around (love the performance, but the ham-o-meter is through the roof).

Pure comic book logic has it that the car is very easily detected on radars and such (and probably trackable due to the inbuilt mechanics).
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member

Pure comic book logic has it that the car is very easily detected on radars and such (and probably trackable due to the inbuilt mechanics).
    And the massive plane got around those obstacles?
    Corwin wrote: »
    Good job they didn't as Lola would have probably been shot down by the automated defenses.
    As but this is AoS. They may have been shot at or even shot down but Coulson would have been fine, if pining for Lola and would have discovered the secret base.

Saying that, the three ladies looked good in duts ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    alfster wrote: »
    He loves her how else do you think he would react? It's not about growing up it's about caring for someone...it's life...no matter who you are.

Jealousy isn't love. It's selfishness and no excuse for behaving like a spoilt child. Fitz needs to grow up and accept that Simmons has moved on.

And didn't you say I was on your ignore list LOL?
    Goes on to *ignore list*.
  • Options
    brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I thought she was great. I especially liked her performance when Raina finally met the Clairvoyant and found out he wasn't what she had been led to believe.

I'm not sure why you have a problem with "doe eyed". Raina uses her looks and demure demeanour to manipulate others. The way she combines apparent compassion with the evil things she does make her all the more chilling.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Two seater and they're 5people...and maybe just wanting to keep things low key and quiet?

This. They didn't know what they were heading into so a ground approach would be more sensible.
  • Options
    JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sam33 wrote: »
    Jealousy isn't love. It's selfishness and no excuse for behaving like a spoilt child. Fitz needs to grow up and accept that Simmons has moved on.
    It's a little of both, but it's not as easy as saying he needs to grow up, emotions isn't that easy to control for some people.
  • Options
    Sherlock_HolmesSherlock_Holmes Posts: 6,882
    Forum Member
    And the massive plane got around those obstacles?

They ditched the massive plane and went on foot (for that exact reason). Which is why they didn't go onwards with any flyings cars or the like.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woodbine wrote: »
    It's a little of both, but it's not as easy as saying he needs to grow up, emotions isn't that easy to control for some people.

We also know that both Fitz and Simmons are quite poor on EQ while being high in IQ.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    We also know that both Fitz and Simmons are quite poor on EQ while being high in IQ.

Still no real excuse to act like a brat though. Growing up, we learn not to throw tantrums because they'll go unrewarded. Making allowances because someone is "special" merely exacerbates the problem.

Fitz needs to be more convincing if he's in love with Simmons. At the moment, he's just acting like a spoilt child who's been told to share his favourite toy. :D