Options

The 100 - E4 - UK Pace - NO SPOILERS (Merged)

Comments

• Options
    Doctor_WibbleDoctor_Wibble Posts: 26,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    boab34 wrote: »
    online book reviews = 'social media buzz'?
    lmao :D
    Sorry, I forgot the 'sarcasm' tags...
  • Options
    phil solophil solo Posts: 9,669
    Forum Member
    kezo wrote: »
    [...]

Also I noted more this week was "flashbacks" being on SpaceStation (past), Earth (present) ... I am going to through this out (unless someone mentioned earlier) but isn't that already been done before?? ie Lost/The Event?

well I posted this after the Pilot:-
    I can pretty much guarantee that we'll be getting flashbacks of selected beautiful teens "back story" as to how they wound up in jail in the first place.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?p=73636069&highlight=#post73636069

but I take absolutely no credit whatsoever for predicting this stunningly obvious story element.
    :[...]
    I think there was a production misunderstanding regarding the flashbacks, they don't actually have to be stuffed full of flashes of bright light!

Au contraire! The artificial 'lense flair' was a deliberate production decision meant to signifiy visually that you are watching a 'recalled memory' or flashback scene and not contemporary space station action. If you're going to have caption cards saying "8 years ago" or whatever it's not really necessary to bathe your backstory scenes in white light though, other than to help the inattentive or hard-of-thinking young minds of The CW audience to keep up!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    phil solo wrote: »
    ... If you're going to have caption cards saying "8 years ago" or whatever it's not really necessary to bathe your backstory scenes in white light though ...
    Or even switching to black-and-white, or making the sound a bit echoey, or sticking a bit of sellotape over the lens to give it that authentic blurred look. I'd even have settled for a Wayne's World style shimmery 'doodle-oodoo doodle-oodoo' it if meant I didn't have to go trendy retro and wear sunglasses to watch the telly!

The key question now is whether the shades-on-standby should be plain dark or tinted, and if so, what colour? My sepia ones are at the repair shop :cool:
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wow.. talk about dark!

wasn't expecting the child to confess to murder so soon and then to do what she did as well. bloody hell!

glad I stuck with this as it stands
  • Options
    swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is turning out better than I expected.

Not quite sure what happened at the end.........was the suggestion that Raven was floating helplessly in space ?

What's the betting that she will not only manage to land the craft but that with the whole planet below her she'll manage to land within a couple of hundred yards of where the others are........:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 301
    Forum Member
    Really liking this so far.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I started watching last night's episode expecting the entire thing to have been spoiled by the trailer they had been showing - only to find that the trailer actually contained spoilers for *next* episode as well as this one.
    Yes, some things are a bit predictable but until they happen you don't have confirmation either way but when you see particular people looking out of a particular window it does sort of give the game away for more than just one or two chains of events. And other stuff in the trailer which doesn't necessarily count as 'spoiler' but will definitely rattle around in the 'so when is this bit going to happen then' annoyance tin when what you want is to be carried along in the fluff padding between events.

The guy that got a kicking definitely deserved it though I'm surprised he lasted this long without being lynched by a mob of unruly teen convicts which are hardly in short supply.
    Nice find of more clangy echoey ground by handsome hair boy who only lacks a magnificent steed to complete the picture.
    What does seem a little off is immediately after being shocked into silence at the confession how keen they all were to string up the young girl, and how the toady-bad-guy was suddenly forgiven and giving orders again as though everyone had forgotten that he was a complete *sswipe.
  • Options
    MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,230
    Forum Member
    swingaleg wrote: »
    This is turning out better than I expected.

Not quite sure what happened at the end.........was the suggestion that Raven was floating helplessly in space ?

What's the betting that she will not only manage to land the craft but that with the whole planet below her she'll manage to land within a couple of hundred yards of where the others are........:D

Yeah that's kinda what I thought

Much darker episode

I thought blondie getting her rocks off with that guy came out of nowhere!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought blondie getting her rocks off with that guy came out of nowhere!!

That was the only bit that was a bit of a let-down for me actually. I understand with the audience demographic they're aiming for that they'll invariably have plenty of kissy kissy between the kids, but after such a dark episode, it was almost as if it was crowbarred in for the "teen" element.

I actually think she'll land some way away and get captured by the grounders first, and the kids will eventually find and rescue her. they'll need a degree of tension to build that the mission to the planet has been a failure with all the bracelets being dead, so i can't see her just dropping right on their doorstep and immediately radioing back saying "Hiiiii!! Everything's fine!!".

But I could be wrong i suppose :)
  • Options
    MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,230
    Forum Member
    That was the only bit that was a bit of a let-down for me actually. I understand with the audience demographic they're aiming for that they'll invariably have plenty of kissy kissy between the kids, but after such a dark episode, it was almost as if it was crowbarred in for the "teen" element.

I actually think she'll land some way away and get captured by the grounders first, and the kids will eventually find and rescue her. they'll need a degree of tension to build that the mission to the planet has been a failure with all the bracelets being dead, so i can't see her just dropping right on their doorstep and immediately radioing back saying "Hiiiii!! Everything's fine!!".

Agreed I think they will do that!
  • Options
    swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Realistically of course she'd probably land in the ocean........or on another continent if she was lucky
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Given all the lights on the dashboard and that we saw thrusters firing, she will land with pinpoint accuracy next to a camp-fire she sees out of the window on the way down, only to find (a) it's actually a grounder camp and (b) they are hungry.

On the wristbands, if they all go out at once is it sensible to think OMG they are all dead in some catastrophe? Or to conclude that something finally broke and/or someone nicked the aerial?
    Morse code is easy without doing anything fancy, just find a 'volunteer' and a pointy stick! Sort of like that xylophone with mice squeaking in tune...
  • Options
    JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why do I get the feeling banishing that guy from the camp will come back and bite them in the ass...

But I'm liking it more after each episode.
  • Options
    Forum Member

They had to crowbar that in now though, floppy-haired hero's girlfriend (Raven, for those who haven't been paying attention) is already on her way so they had to set up the "love triangle" before she gets there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Woodbine wrote: »
    Why do I get the feeling banishing that guy from the camp will come back and bite them in the ass...

Because banishing people worked so well in Terra Nova? :p
  • Options
    goldberry1goldberry1 Posts: 2,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At last I have something to watch on Monday evenings - really enjoyed last night's episode - WHOA!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    phil solo wrote: »
    They had to crowbar that in now though, floppy-haired hero's girlfriend (Raven, for those who haven't been paying attention) is already on her way so they had to set up the "love triangle" before she gets there.

Ahhhh there you go - didn't click on to that. Makes sense :)
  • Options
    goldberry1goldberry1 Posts: 2,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    goldberry1 wrote: »
    At last I have something to watch on Monday evenings - really enjoyed last night's episode - WHOA!

Forgot to say Councillor Kane has a definite Hitler vibe going on there - the floppy dark hair, the dead shark eyes, the pale face, the black leather, the arrogant walk, the evil charisma.... just waiting to see if he sprouts a joke moustache..
  • Options
    boab34boab34 Posts: 1,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Raven is fast becoming my fav

she's bright tough and such a badass

come to think of it she would have made a far better Skye than Chloe B in AoS :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I took it to mean that after falling out of control for a bit she managed to get the pod under control so she could make a controlled landing with the implication that she would then be able to communicate with the Arc from the ground.
  • Options
    brewer480brewer480 Posts: 1,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh my god that last episode was such a bore!!!! So disappointing as they had slowly been getting a little better over time.

They have done absolutely nothing to give any of the characters any personality, I just don't like any of the characters enough to care if they die or not. The series is far too spoon-fed where you have good people that you are supposed to like, and bad people. There's no-one out there who is a bit mysterious that leaves the audience unsure whether we should trust this person or not.

The episode last week was far too much like Lost, we had the smoke monster that made similar noises and even flashed, we had the flashbacks, hatches in the ground and a native civilization that we know nothing about. But sadly this is no way near as good as lost because of a real lack of character development and there are no buzzing mysteries that keep you on the edge of your seat... With lost I was desperate to know what was down that hatch after the first series, here you find out its an automobile and that's it. Disappointing.

Anyway, I'll continue to watch as there's nothing else on. My guess is that Charlotte is one of the groundies and infiltrated the camp to find out who these people were etc. But maybe that would be too much like Lost.
  • Options
    Jenny_SawyerJenny_Sawyer Posts: 12,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Realistically of course she'd probably land in the ocean........or on another continent if she was lucky

I agree.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    goldberry1 wrote: »
    Forgot to say Councillor Kane has a definite Hitler vibe going on there - the floppy dark hair, the dead shark eyes, the pale face, the black leather, the arrogant walk, the evil charisma.... just waiting to see if he sprouts a joke moustache..

Sorry I'm sure it's been said earlier in the thread, which I haven't read fully, but I just got to say it's Desmond from Lost.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why was that woman called Nigel? It's a bloke's name!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why was that woman called Nigel? It's a bloke's name!
    I was wondering about Clarke though I guess that's OK because if it was 'Clark' that would definitely be male and he would be wearing glasses :p

I suspect 'Nigel' is supposed to be spelt 'Nygelle' (see I know how this naming thing works) or it might be her surname but what is it that she does? It looked like a canteen or something so maybe she cooks which would mean we are mispronouncing her name because it should end with an 'a'. Or it might be a cunning disguise.

As for the young girl, the thought of her being a grounder had crossed my mind - a hint being that everybody else has the flowing shampoo-commercial hair. If she had arrived at the same time, someone would have already taken up the role of big brother/sister because someone always does (as in human nature, script notwithstanding). Since she seemed to be a complete unknown, I think it's reasonable to conclude that she joined the group *after* they arrived.