Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Odd Socks wrote: »
    Ohmygosh! I don't think I'd ever go that far :o:p

Ah, you say that now...
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,991
    Forum Member
    My Percy & Reed shampoo and a nice breakfast roll on Friday mornings.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Edited
  • Options
    19Nick6819Nick68 Posts: 1,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Crabtree & Evelyn West Indian Lime toiletries for men.
  • Options
    highking1014highking1014 Posts: 1,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sometimes I go to mass on a saturday as well as a sunday when I want to treat myself at the weekends. Once a year we have cemetery sunday when mass is delivered outside so that is just a complete binge.
  • Options
    TunnelVision9TunnelVision9 Posts: 589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just bought myself a Breaking Bad notepad :D
  • Options
    Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    If im having a busy stressful day at work i buy myself a costa creamy cooler in my break. Gives me something to look forward to!
  • Options
    GloriaSnockersGloriaSnockers Posts: 2,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nail polish and junk jewellery. I'm far from short of either now, so I must have been spectacularly kind to myself over the years :)
  • Options
    MargMckMargMck Posts: 24,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Those little cans of gin and tonic or Pimms (3 for £5 unless on a better special offfer).
    It's lovely to find one chilled at the back of the fridge:D
  • Options
    ianradioianianradioian Posts: 74,938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A lovely madras curry at least once a fortnight.
  • Options
    christina83christina83 Posts: 11,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Veggie Percy Pigs, frappes, makeup, a haircut, or a handbag or shoes :D
  • Options
    The WizardThe Wizard Posts: 11,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yo Sushi

It's grossly overpriced but I really enjoy it so whenever I'm feeling flush I will treat myself to one.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    ear rings
    perfume
    make up
    scented candles
    chocolate(s)
    smellies ( bubble bath, body creams/lotions and nice smelling stuff :D)
    body sprays
    clothes
    chippy fish n chips :D
  • Options
    HogzillaHogzilla Posts: 24,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Things for my bike or for me on my bike. Got a little Knog Beetle light last week.

When I had more money, I'd buy stuff like a Brooks saddle and Brooks hand-grips (those days are gone! But I still have the cool stuff... ) I've always been lucky and got things in sales.

I also like getting Kindle books.
  • Options
    CentaurionCentaurion Posts: 2,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As others have said, if I want something nice I'll buy it, not really treats as such.
    But my one unjustfied luxury is buying a big executive f*** off gas guzzling car with loads of electronic gizmos.

Drive a sensible Punto, Focus or a Micra ?
    Piss off, I'd rather eat my own gonads.
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,274
    Forum Member
    Wine, books, 3DS games.
  • Options
    Corkhead.Corkhead. Posts: 445
    Forum Member
    daza1978 wrote: »
    If or when you decide to give yourself a treat, what do you have? Is it a bar a chocolate, bottle of wine or some new clothes? Maybe something for the home? Maybe you like to treat someone else instead?

One little chill-out of mine is, when I have the opportunity and am in the mood, is to buy a take out carton of coffee and a small cigar, and sit in the town square outside the public library where I enjoy both, just sitting in the sunshine as I either read the paper or just watch the world go by.

I've been doing this for years and indeed, the lady in the library coffee shop by now knows just how I like my coffee and will joke when I arrive at the counter: "Got your paper and your ****..?" We have a little chat. It's all very sociable.

The only thing that has spoiled it (just a bit, but not much) in the last six months, is the arrival in the town square of a surveillance camera mounted on a high pole that looks down over the area.

Where I live is not the sort of place that needs a surveillance camera. I've lived here since the mid 1970's and have never known a handbag to be snatched, or a child to be abducted or a pub fight to spill into the street or anything of that nature. How much need is there for spying on the people as they go about their peaceful, lawful, everyday business?

I've always been a responsible citizen who finishes his coffee, uses the last dregs to put out the cigar, pop the butt in the carton and throw it all into the nearby bin. Does a daft old git like me need a heavy duty camera, presumably with a spook watching me at the other end, to make sure I put my rubbish into the bin..?

I still enjoy my little chill-out and pretty much ignore the camera..... but I know it's there.... its' an intrusion...... I can't help asking myself why this is necessary.
  • Options
    Finn MarleyFinn Marley Posts: 54
    Forum Member
    Treated myself to an Orla Kiely mug from John Lewis.
  • Options
    NX-74205NX-74205 Posts: 4,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beluga caviar, it's so stupidly expensive that it can only be had as a treat every now and then.
  • Options
    LyceumLyceum Posts: 3,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yo sushi.

A rarity because I'm skint and it's stupidly expensive for what it is but it's addictive. I could eat cucumber maki and edemame every day.

That and veggie Percy pigs.