Options

Artem Chigvintsev Appreciation Thread (Part 10)

Comments

• Options
    yungathartyungathart Posts: 10,032
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was seething when Len dismissed the American Smooth by K&A. It was just the choreography he said dismissively. It was lovely to see The Best of the Rest without any discussion by the judges.

Same with me silversandy , how could he say that and dismiss the superb dancing , it was breathtaking in quality , the horrible man .
  • Options
    silversandysilversandy Posts: 9,113
    Forum Member
    The same girl sent another photo to Phil Vickery yesterday.

Hellen ‏@hyperhellen1

@philvickerytv i took this photo of fern and artem on the tour in manchester hope you like it :)

https://twitter.com/hyperhellen1/status/297851202316673025/photo/1

Phil Vickery‏@philvickerytv

@hyperhellen1 wow I'm a lucky bloke
  • Options
    Lou69Lou69 Posts: 2,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are three of us going from the thread Lou if yo want to really go give Williag 43 a shout. :regarding our seats etc . We usually have to travel 200 mies to see anything so this is a lovely plus :cool:
    I'm not sure what to expect apart from a little heart palpitation :D as regards filling the venues I'm sure if the advance bookings are not to their liking they will pull certain venues but ...if the turn out for the tour is anything to go by I reckon anything connected to strictly is a winner :)

Thank you so much for the kind offer denburn quine, I will certainly give it some thought. It is a shame that the Strictly Tour is only in 1 venue in Scotland. I was at the mat. in Glasgow last Sunday and it was absolutely marvelous. That is our 3rd visit. There were coaches from all over . Last year we spoke to 2 ladies from Carlisle
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was seething when Len dismissed the American Smooth by K&A. It was just the choreography he said dismissively. It was lovely to see The Best of the Rest without any discussion by the judges.

I am glad Silversandy that you and Yungathart have enjoyed'The Best of the Rest', I thought you would. I was ready for putting the DVD in the bin before I saw that bit.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pashulty wrote: »

Doesnt he look fabulous on the first picture , he just gorgeous , oooer. .

What does he have on his trousers , it looks as if the material has been shrivelled or wrinkled , or have feathers stiched on , do all the men look the same , perhaps someone who had been can help .:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lou69 wrote: »
    I am glad Silversandy that you and Yungathart have enjoyed'The Best of the Rest', I thought you would. I was ready for putting the DVD in the bin before I saw that bit.

I had wondered about that too but I wont as I can at least see Kara and Artem whenever I want , but I wont watch flipping Len , I dont trust myself , I might start throwing things at the TV and damage it .:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I will wish you all good night , sweet dreams .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yungathart wrote: »
    Doesnt he look fabulous on the first picture , he just gorgeous , oooer. .

What does he have on his trousers , it looks as if the material has been shrivelled or wrinkled , or have feathers stiched on , do all the men look the same , perhaps someone who had been can help .:D:D

I wondered that as well but I never noticed when I was at the show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will say Goodnight and Sweet Dreams to you all x.
  • Options
    marileigh1marileigh1 Posts: 937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is the second time that I have tried to post about the Best of the Rest, I had just finished and clicked on submit when I lost connection , so here goes again .

Thank goodness for the Kara and Artem ,and the Holly and Artem dances on the Best of the Rest otherwise the DVD would have been a waste of money . For me there have been a few standout dances that stick in my mind over the years , one was Jill and Darrens Jive , and then there was Mark and Karen and Colin and Erin's quickstep, Tom and Camila, doing their final dance , and although not a winner the marvelous Paso by Austin and Erin , . When Kara and Artem joined the show their dancing was a revalation and many of their dances stand out , their AS at Blackpool and the VW ,the A Tango, the Paso ,and Tango all come to mind as favourites but of all SCD dances their Rumba, and VW, AS and Jill and Darrens Jive are for me the TOP dances of all time , regardless of what Len thinks .

Perhaps one of you lucky ladies who have the Best of the Rest vid can enlighten me?
    If Artem and Kara were only the "best of the rest", who, in the judges' opinion were the best in the Rumba, American Smooth , Tango and Viennese Waltz categories?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thank you so much for the kind offer denburn quine, I will certainly give it some thought. It is a shame that the Strictly Tour is only in 1 venue in Scotland. I was at the mat. in Glasgow last Sunday and it was absolutely marvelous. That is our 3rd visit. There were coaches from all over . Last year we spoke to 2 ladies from Carlisle

Edinburgh is on the list Lou69. I know I forgot Blackpool.

http://www.ents24.com/web/artist/182790/Strictly_Confidential.html

marileigh1 wrote: »
    Perhaps one of you lucky ladies who have the Best of the Rest vid can enlighten me?
    If Artem and Kara were only the "best of the rest", who, in the judges' opinion were the best in the Rumba, American Smooth , Tango and Viennese Waltz categories?

Rumba - Rachel and Vincent
    American Smooth - Maybe Ricky Whittle or Gethin not sure (perhaps KAbell, yungathart, or Lou69 can remember)
    Tango - Kristina and Jason
    Viennese Waltz - Ali and Brian

I cannot remember the American Smooth but Len was determined it wasn't going to be Kara and Artem.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    joyceb wrote: »

Thank you for the review joyceb. Pip Ellwood's site is less cluttered than it used to be.

Marileigh1, I have had a think about the AS winners while shoppping in Waitrose. (Hope one of the others can confirm this) I am sure it was Gethin because he used a shoulder lift and a waist swing long before Artem joined SCD. Tom Chambers and Camilla Dallerup's showdance was really quirky. Aliona and Harry's QS was terrific.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

American Smooth - Maybe Ricky Whittle or Gethin not sure (perhaps KAbell, yungathart, or Lou69 can remember)

I cannot remember the American Smooth but Len was determined it wasn't going to be Kara and Artem.
    marileigh1 wrote: »

I am certain it was Gethin , I cant check though as the batteries in the remote need renewing , but will confirm later, as silversandy said Len was determined to ignore Artem and Kara , even their wonderful VW that the others wanted at first but he would not have it , in fact he would not have anything that Artem had choreographed he was so appalling, . thats it for me now , I dont care what he does in future he cant make it up to Artem and Kara or Artem with anyone , or me and if I for some reason I got the chance to meet or speak to him ,I would ignore him , so disappointed in him these days , and he was someone that I had always thought such a great ambassador for ballroom dancing and England , sadly no longer .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Kristina has tweeted she is meeting Artem and Robin today

Kristina Rihanoff‏@KRihanoff

Looking forward to see @Robinwindsor and @artemchigvintse today ! Fun day in London!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 419
    Forum Member
    Kristina has tweeted she is meeting Artem and Robin today

Kristina Rihanoff‏@KRihanoff

Looking forward to see @Robinwindsor and @artemchigvintse today ! Fun day in London!!!

Didn't James say they were all going to see Flavia and Vincent in Midnight Tango today ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I have been back to look at the two photos and I still think he looks great in the first one , and i have decided that it could be the shadow of the fringe on Karens sleeve, it does look odd and rather unusual though .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    joyceb wrote: »
    Didn't James say they were all going to see Flavia and Vincent in Midnight Tango today ?

Ola and James went to see Midnight Tango last year. They are obviously going again today. Bobby tweeted that he has meetings today. He may be meeting Kristina and Artem to discuss choreography for Burn the Floor. Louis is going to see Midnight Tango, a poster on his thread spoke to Flavia last week and she said he is going to see the show. We don't know if Kara is working at the moment. She may go to see Midnight Tango this evening with the others. Could be some press photos late tonight.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I have been back to look at the two photos and I still think he looks great in the first one , and i have decided that it could be the shadow of the fringe on Karens sleeve, it does look odd and rather unusual though .

I thought Artem's trousers were creased after cradling Fern in his Arms.:rolleyes: However, it is definitely a shadow from the fringing on Karen's outfit.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 419
    Forum Member
    Ola and James went to see Midnight Tango last year. They are obviously going again today. Bobby tweeted that he has meetings today. He may be meeting Kristina and Artem to discuss choreography for Burn the Floor. Louis is going to see Midnight Tango, a poster on his thread spoke to Flavia last week and she said he is going to see the show. We don't know if Kara is working at the moment. She may go to see Midnight Tango this evening with the others. Could be some press photos late tonight.:)

Really hoping there is some press photos can never get enough photos of the master :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The SCD 2013 discussion thread has a lively debate going on today about the tour.

Lisa Riley is on the Alan Titchmarsh show. Flavia and Vincent are on AT show Wednesday. Last year their dance and chat were pre-recorded and slotted into the show.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Lisa Riley is on the Alan Titchmarsh show. Flavia and Vincent are on AT show Wednesday. Last year their dance and chat were pre-recorded and slotted into the show.

I missed the beginning of the show but Lisa was introducing funny clips from Youtube. Wasn't she involved with the programme of video clips sent in by viewers years ago. Lisa is on again next Monday (unless it is recorded). She mentioned Bobby and said she will be dancing every night with Artem but didn't say it was on Strictly Confidential. Quick sneak preview of DVO's new film Run for Your Wife which has its premiere tomorrow.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Regarding the talks and meeting of Artem , with Kristina and Robin, his stars say this is a good week to push forward in his career, and a little effort today , inspired ideas on wednesday and energy on friday he will achieve something big . that sounds promising for him ,Hope its true , and its in UK in the main ..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought Artem's trousers were creased after cradling Fern in his Arms.:rolleyes: However, it is definitely a shadow from the fringing on Karen's outfit.

I think it is , but it does look very odd.

Artem looks so slim and quite young in this photo , its strange how his face and body can look so different in shape and weight from different angles , his face looked plumper in the top photo.
  • Options
    marileigh1marileigh1 Posts: 937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Thanks, Silversandy! Oh yes, I realise Artem and Kara would never have won on the AS given Len's strong opinions about it (although he changed his mind later!)
    but I'm really surprised about the VS - can't even remember Ali and Brian's dance although I saw it at the time. If they'd chosen Matt Cutler and Alesha Dixon's VS
    I wouldn't have been quite so surprised.

I don't think Rachel and Vincent's rumba was anything like as good as K and A's and didn't really go much on Jason and Kristina's tango! In fact I didn't really enjoy
    Jason's dancing at all. But, there you go, I think we're all biased. :D
This discussion has been closed.