Options

Hollyoaks General Discussion (Part 18)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JoToBo wrote: »
    I also have no interest in the jelly SL, hence my :(:(. I really don't want to see this resurface at all. It is done and dusted. Tilly hated Jen and I don't know they are resurrecting it. :(:(

Waveguide is very obscure and I can't imagine what Myra's outburst would be regarding Texas and Will. She hardly knows them and would have no interest. It is very strange though and will probably be nothing of any interest. Such is waveguid. The only thing in its favour is that it precludes any other spoilers.

But I am intrigued about the familiar figure who is back on
    17th. It is not Holly as she is back later this week. Maybe it is Carls entrance :confused::confused:

lol, same could be said of a lot of "love" stories. The never ending Mercy/Riley/Mitzee stuff and the (IMH) hideous Doug/Ste/Brendan stuff. You think its ended an up it rears again.. I try to concentrate on the stuff I like :D:D

(Which is admittedly difficult when they keep shoving the flipping Savages on screen.... lol)

I'm keeping my fingers crossed Sinead and Ruby get a severe comeuppance. And can anyone tell me what happened with the footage from the badge? (I missed a few eps somewhere though work lol)
  • Options
    Dare DevilDare Devil Posts: 118,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    snowiris wrote: »
    god the ending was amazing it didnt need a showdown. the look on jacqui's face when she was looking at the phone the sounds distorting in the background the silent tears all showed her world come crashing down

Great scene and Jacqui really did steal the episode (as usual). Great actress, great scene. Can't wait for the next ep!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lol, same could be said of a lot of "love" stories. The never ending Mercy/Riley/Mitzee stuff and the (IMH) hideous Doug/Ste/Brendan stuff. You think its ended an up it rears again.. I try to concentrate on the stuff I like :D:D

(Which is admittedly difficult when they keep shoving the flipping Savages on screen.... lol)

I'm keeping my fingers crossed Sinead and Ruby get a severe comeuppance. And can anyone tell me what happened with the footage from the badge? (I missed a few eps somewhere though work lol)

I didn't mind the Mitzeee/Riley/Mercedes SL or the Doug/Ste/Brendan SL because they are established characters which made it interesting. They may have appeared to be dragged out but in the main, they were fair to good. The Jelly SL is just plain tedious. Jen was brand new and Tilly, though the actress is competent, was relatively new and her character hadn't been established.

Sinead and Ruby?? Even in her hour of depression Sinead still managed to stick the knife in. Now though, I think she has bigger things on her mind. That said, by all accounts it is about to rear its ugly head again. I think most want to see Sinead and Ruby get retribution.

Neils badge seemed to pretty much played out on line in DocYou. Whether it will come back or not I don't know. It should but maybe HO are justing wishing that if they leave it long enough, it will be forgotten.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lol so Maddie dies a saint then and I missed nowt on the video front. (I saw the last one, the "tribute", not impressed!) I'll selectively watch in the coming weeks. Far too much of the Savages for me lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lol so Maddie dies a saint then and I missed nowt on the video front. (I saw the last one, the "tribute", not impressed!) I'll selectively watch in the coming weeks. Far too much of the Savages for me lol

Oh I don't know. It may resurface when Esthers bullying comes to the fore again. But there is a lot going on at the moment and like you I am not really keen on the Savage SL. I am however, liking the McQueens atm.
    Spoilers have Dr B hatching a plan to get Mercedes back in the fold. Myra is ill and then gets some test done with Dr B and a shadow appears on her X Ray. Is Dr B still able to practise? Would he stoop so low as make Myra think she has cancer?
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    Generally I avoid spoilers so the ending of the episode was a shock to me. I don't like Cindy that much but I hope that she isn't dead. I like Jacqui too much :o
    snowiris wrote: »
    god the ending was amazing it didnt need a showdown. the look on jacqui's face when she was looking at the phone the sounds distorting in the background the silent tears all showed her world come crashing down

Yes. Highlight of the episode for me. I really felt sorry for her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimicole wrote: »

Yes. Highlight of the episode for me. I really felt sorry for her.

I agree. Jacqui stole that episode. The look on her face when she found the baby was priceless too. :D
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    I'm hoping Bart comes through for Esther, could redeem him big time
    Not in my eyes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lulu g wrote: »
    Not in my eyes.

Nor mine, I really don't care for him in the slightest
    Don't forget tonight on C4 it is on at 6.10 and E4 6.45
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And here we go again. Who will Mercedes cheat on Browning with now? This is precisely why she should have left the show by now
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jacqui :eek: Love that girl
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    Did Browning and Mercedes forget he is already married?
  • Options
    TheMunchTheMunch Posts: 9,024
    Forum Member
    No thanks, you can keep your Nanna McQueen calendars.

When Nancy asked John Paul what was going on, and he started talking, the baby immediately went quiet and remained quiet. Until that point nothing would stop him crying.
    npd6900 wrote: »
    And here we go again. Who will Mercedes cheat on Browning with now? This is precisely why she should have left the show by now

Maybe there'll be a twist and she'll cheat on him with his (not yet divorced) wife?
  • Options
    RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jacqui and Tony.:)

Could Oscar be deaf?:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lulu g wrote: »
    Did Browning and Mercedes forget he is already married?

Good point.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RingoJ739K wrote: »
    Jacqui and Tony.:)

Could Oscar be deaf?:(

aaaw yes, Jacqui and Tony. I like :D Looks very much like Oscar is deaf. Bless. More trauma for the Osbornes then.

Dr B is a bad ass.:mad:
  • Options
    superspooky123superspooky123 Posts: 3,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    so ie the baby jp how did that come about?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TheMunch wrote: »

When Nancy asked John Paul what was going on, and he started talking, the baby immediately went quiet and remained quiet. Until that point nothing would stop him crying.

Maybe there'll be a twist and she'll cheat on him with his (not yet divorced) wife?

Although that would be a bit more original in terms of Mercedes, I think it was implied that Browning may have murdered his wife when Jacqui discovered he'd murdered Lynsey (at least that's what I remember). Of course this was never confirmed though.

I do hope that Carl has some scenes with Browning (even if Walker is top of his agenda), seeing as Browning helped to blacken Riley's name to secure his release
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They could have given a tear sitck to Cindy, those crying scenes were pathetic
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do hope that Carl has some scenes with Browning (even if Walker is top of his agenda), seeing as Browning helped to blacken Riley's name to secure his release

deleted
  • Options
    RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really want Browning to go back to jail!
  • Options
    Chrissy 2005Chrissy 2005 Posts: 9,645
    Forum Member
    TheMunch wrote: »

Maybe he isn't deaf? Just nosey?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Try again. Phew. Sorry. I actually don't think that Walker is top of Carls agenda. Carl left thinking that Riley was just a victim of a random shooting. Though spoilers have indicated that Carl is on the war path and that Walker is to return, I don't think they are linked, except per chance.

Carl will return to clear his sons name of a stabbing (Mercedes) and murder (Lynsey) which he did not do. I think Walkers involvement will be when Brendan finds out that Dr B is acquitted and he knows that Walker knows the truth. Whilst Brendan may have accepted that Walker is no longer in his life, he will hunt down Walker to find the truth of Lynseys killer. Dr B or not. And this is were the two warring factions , Carl & Mitzeee and Brendan & Walker collide.

I do wonder if I am on ignore as this must be the fourth time I have posted this theory. Spoilers only give minute details and hint at things that make people assume wrongly that two incidents are linked. <sighs>
  • Options
    Bluebird69Bluebird69 Posts: 5,570
    Forum Member
    I know that most people here seem to like Jacqui, but is anyone else a little uncomfortable with the way they're playing this Jacqui/Tony/Cindy stuff?

Of course Jacqui is angry that Rhys cheated on her with Cindy, but I'm quite shocked that everyone (in Hollyoaks) seems to think that revenge by GBH is perfectly acceptable, and Tony even abandoned his wife, concussed and wearing a hospital gown, in the middle of the village in order to go chasing after Jacqui :eek: :mad:

Of course what Cindy did was wrong, but Tony and Jacqui's behaviour is leaving a bit of a nasty taste at the moment. If the show wants to put them back together, fine, but I don't think I'm going to find them a very watchable or likeable couple :sleep:
    Sorry. I actually don't think that Walker is top of Carls agenda. Carl left thinking that Riley was just a victim of a random shooting. Though spoilers have indicated that Carl is on the war path and that Walker is to return, I don't think they are linked, except per chance.

Oh I think revenge on Walker is definitely high on Carl's agenda, Jo ;)

Rachel Shenton's DS interview on 20 Dec says that:
    Deciding that Walker has to pay for killing Riley, Carl ropes Mitzeee into a plan for revenge.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Try again. Phew. Sorry. I actually don't think that Walker is top of Carls agenda. Carl left thinking that Riley was just a victim of a random shooting. Though spoilers have indicated that Carl is on the war path and that Walker is to return, I don't think they are linked, except per chance.

Carl will return to clear his sons name of a stabbing (Mercedes) and murder (Lynsey) which he did not do. I think Walkers involvement will be when Brendan finds out that Dr B is acquitted and he knows that Walker knows the truth. Whilst Brendan may have accepted that Walker is no longer in his life, he will hunt down Walker to find the truth of Lynseys killer. Dr B or not. And this is were the two warring factions , Carl & Mitzeee and Brendan & Walker collide.

I do wonder if I am on ignore as this must be the fourth time I have posted this theory. Spoilers only give minute details and hint at things that make people assume wrongly that two incidents are linked. <sighs>

I was only going based on the fact that this article:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s13/hollyoaks/news/a446550/hollyoaks-rachel-shenton-leaving-mitzeee-minniver-role.html

specifically states that 'Deciding that Walker has to pay for killing Riley, Carl ropes Mitzeee into a plan for revenge.' Maybe you're right in that it isn't his original intention for returning, but to say that Carl will only be involved with Walker by chance when it specifically states this spoiler doesn't seem right to me
This discussion has been closed.